Wells Fargo

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in June for the Financial Analyst Program in Power and Utilities. Job location was in Minneapolis. Received an email a month later from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter was nice and courteous, had a 30 minute conversation about my background, some technical questions. She indicated I would hear back from her within two weeks. However, after 2 emails and a phone call to her office, I never heard anything back until September, when I received a form email indicating that they would not be pursuing my candidacy further. Very unprofessional HR...

Interview Question – Nothing super difficult in terms of technical or behavioral questions...just stuff like what are the 3 financial statements, which would be the best to use to evaluate a company, etc.   Answer Question

App Systems Engineer V Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone/Panel interview. I liked the interview style. It was thoroughly technical.

Reason for Declining – Already accepted another offer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Interview Details – I knew the managers and the teams so for me this was a pretty easy going process. I had an interview with a recruiter on the phone and a subsequent interview with both of the managers. Pretty easy going.

Interview Question – There were not difficult or unexpected questions, it was a simple straight forward interview   Answer Question

Office Clerk III Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Resume goes to HR first and then to hiring manager. Hiring manager asks all applicants the same questions during the interview and then have to get their selection approved by their manager.

Interview Question – Describe your perfect manager.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given a salary and I asked if it could be negotiated and the answer was no.

Diverse Segments Internship Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – First you get called to do a short (5-10 minute) phone interview. All of the questions are very basic. Then you come in for a panel interview (3-4 people). This interview asks basically all behavioral questions (tell me about a time when....). I applied for 4 different internships with Wells Fargo and was interviewed for all of them. They ask the same exact questions for each internship. Also I found the pre-interview conference call thing very unhelpful.

Interview Question – They were all very simple. Just know your resume and examples of time when you worked in a team, solved problems.....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got offered 3 of the 4 positions I applied for. They all pay the same ($15 per hour). I was later offered a different internship with a different company which paid more.

Loan Documentation Specialist Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone about setting up an interview. E-mailed promptly after the phone call and was told where to go. Interview process went smoothly. Met with three people (which was pretty intimidating) and was hired two days later.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty basic and nothing too weird.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Tax Intern Interview

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – The first round phone interview was just talking about my resume. The second round phone interview included more behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you demonstrated integrity.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied online. About a week or two later was called to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty quick and easy and at the end scheduled a face to face interview for the next day.
At the face to face interview the guy interviewing me asked about ten questions about sales stuff. At the end he gave me an objection to why maybe I was not a good fit but I overcame that objection right away. He asked me to wait and a couple of minutes later the boss guy came into the room and offered me the job.

Interview Question – Generic questions. Be prepared to answer why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Lead Teller Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2010.

Interview Details – Online assessment, phone screen, group interview, one on one interview with Service Manager, either call back or not/email or not, interview finally with Branch Manager, then your hired. Go get fingerprinted and get your background check forms filled out and thats it!

Interview Question – Be peppy and upbeat and driven to succeed that is what Wellslook for today, know specific sales numbers and achievements off hand   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview, a basic screening process. It was brief, perhaps 15-20 minutes. There were two subsequent interviews, one with the Service manager, then one with the branch manager. The main focus of the interviews were sales and customer service; How to handle an angry customer, give an example of a time you went out of your way for someone.etc. I was offered the job less than a week after the second interview. Once hired I had 2 weeks of training at the Wells Fargo bldg in Minneapolis.

Interview Question – How do you over come objections?   Answer Question