Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The interview was performed with two managers providing questions. It was fairly standard. The interview questions were typical. Questions ranged from "how did you go above and beyond in customer service in a previous position" and "how would you describe your abilities being compatible with this position."

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in Person at the store after the online application was reviewed and selected by the recruiter. The manager was cordial and the interview lasted for an hour. It was mostly focused on sales skills and career goals.After the interview, the manager showed the store and introduced to some bankers in the store.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult as most were related to sales questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It is all fixed

Loan Document Specialist IV Interview

Loan Document Specialist IV
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview was good. It could have been a bit more detailed such as what a day at the office looks like. The interviewer was pleasant and communicated well. Explained the next step of the interviewing process thoroughly.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller Interview

Teller
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2010.

Interview Details – Long, demeaning,They made each person in room feel like it was a cattle call. Not being very personable. Making you try to be some thing you are not. Then once hired, got worse,excepting too much sales not the best customer service. I felt as though money was being transferred in odd ways and I questioned management. Results were achieved and I will not work there again, even when asked to come back. Their practices are not fair.

Interview Question – agreeing with process   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – money practices odd.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Personal Banker I (SAFE)
Lakeville, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with recruiter. Then interview with branch and service manager. It was very straight forward. Nothing unexpected. I was not impressed with the quality of interview.

Interview Question – Nothing. Straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told what the salary would be. 35K, No negotiation options.

Phone Banker I Interview

Phone Banker I
Shoreview, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and took one week for them to get back to me to set up phone interview.
After phone interview had a face to face interview with 2 Supervisors. All in all the interviews were very straight forward for anyone that has worked in customer service. Call center experience very helpful as well but most have only been in customer service.

Interview Question – Tell me about an obstacle you faced when trying to serve a customer and what creative way did you use to get through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered about 2 different departments to work in, and from there 4 different time slots. Pay not negotiable.

Technology Intern Interview

Technology Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – First round interview: (didn't get past) Two of the three guys interviewing were typical cold, unfriendly, intimidating guys who didn't project a good vibe for the company. One guy appeared like he didn't want to be there. Another guy was pretentious. The other guy was friendly, conversational, etc. It wasn't a terrible set of interviewers, but they weren't fantastic.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Tell me about a time when you or a group you worked in did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – First, Human Resources did a phone interview. Then, a second interview at the branch by Manager Assistant and Service Manager.

Interview Question – The question that I remember the most is if I were in a game, would I prefer to participate or win? I told them how I can win without participating.. I don’t know if that was the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the minimum pay of $10.00.

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker
Shoreview, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – They will start by calling and scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone from HR who was more or less indifferent to anything I said. Standard questions, they will ask you to rate yourselves on various aspects of the job 1-5. I said 5 to a lot of things and she tested me by asking me a random question about that(technology wise) and luckily I knew the answer. She asked me to tell me what the keyboard shortcut is to switch screens on a computer(Alt-Tab.)

Once you pass the phone interview, they can call you in for the real interview which is taken by two interviewers at once. I suited up completely, which in retrospect might have been overkill. A shirt and tie would've sufficed. Once you pass the phone interview and they have reviewed your application and they like you, they basically just want to meet you in person to see if you are more or less what you say you are. You basically already have the job unless you're completely different from your application. A lot of the questions are repeats from the phone interview, just take your time and try to give detailed and informative answers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you exceeded a sales goal.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Anonymous Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email and I went on to phone interview with initial person. Then I was scheduled for second interview to do over the phone.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question or unexpected question. I didn't get to have the interview I was told that until I pay some PTO back from when I work for a company over year ago I was unable to continue with the interview. Of course this is the first time I'm hearing that they overpaid me eight hours of PTO and I no longer have paperwork to show but that was incorrect. So basically extortion is how I see it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in Minnesota. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.