Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Manager Interview

Credit Manager
Orland Park, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview with a Manager. I did a second interview with a store manager and didn't like her or the office. I knew a manager in a different district and set up an interview with him and then had a second interview in that district. They then told me that I couldn't work in that district and had to go have a 3rd interview with the manager that I didn't like and that did not like me. It went well and I was able to get the job.

Interview Question – Is it ok to break the rules to get a deal done?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I could take it or leave it.

Underwriter III Interview

Underwriter III
Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Staffing Agency, 1:1 interview, background check, offer/salary nogotation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had a situation/issue with your supervisor   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in June 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview and in person. Good situation because they needed someone right away.

Interview Question – What do you know about a specific regulation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very positive.

Statistical Consultant III Interview

Statistical Consultant III
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in November 2007.

Interview Details – I've always had decent luck in getting callbacks for jobs that I've applied for at Wells Fargo in the Bay Area. I've even had second rounds of phone interviews, but their lack of a relocation package tends to cut the interview process short. It would if they would be more upfront on their willingness to relocate, it would save time for both parties.

Interview Question – I was applying for a technical position that required SAS experience. I was asked how I would solve a certain problem using the data step.   View Answer

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Home Mortgage Consultant
Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in June 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with Sales Manager and Area Manager.

Interview Question – Be prepared to show your past earnings in this field.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Analyst I Interview

Operations Analyst I
Eagan, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in March 2009.

Interview Details – Despite a system designed to level the playing field, there were rumours circulating around the office about who the positions were going to (. The phone interview was minimal with few follow-up questions; mostly questions about software proficiency (What programs do you know and on a rating of 1-10 how would you rate your proficiency).
When I have applied for positions in which I did not know the hiring manager, the phone interview was much more detailed.
The hiring manager has a reputation for very difficult interviews. The two of us who did not get the positions were both given cursory interviews. The one who was hired was given a tough interview. This has led me to believe that at the time of the interview, he was simply fulfilling his obligation to interview the employees currently working the position.
My overall opinion is that the positions were initially filled with low level employees deemed competent for the position, but when the time came to start paying full price for the labor, the manager had no intention of hiring the 'start-up' team, but went through the process with us out of obligation.

Interview Question – How do you approach problem solving?   Answer Question

Credit Manager Interview

Credit Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was first with a branch manager on the first day then with a district manager on the second day. The interviews were informational and to make sure you have the right qualities and are a good fit for the company. They did not ask any complicated questions. They just wanted to find out if you were a right fit for the company.

Interview Question – What do you want out of this job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Loan Doc Specialist III Interview

Loan Doc Specialist III

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in June 2007.

Interview Details – It went good. I was interviewed by two mangers for 2 positions

Interview Question – What are my weaknesses   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in October 2008.

Interview Details – It was drawn out, but fairly quick. First you do an online assessment that takes about 15-45 minutes answering question after question that seems rather repetative. This was sent to my inbox about 3 days after I applied. Then there was a phone call to set up a phone interview 3-4 days after the assessment was completed. The interview was set up for a week later. The phone interview took about 20-40 minutes (I can't quite remember) then I was transfered to an HR rep and we set up a 1:1 interview where I met my future supervisor. We ran through some general questions, some customer service scriptings and then did a couple "selling" exercizes that had you pretending to sell something to a customer. A calculator was also required, which made me nervous, but the math was easy. My problem was that I was offered a job, but it didn't seem set, it was contingent on a background check and I never received a final "you're hired" until about 2 weeks before the job started when I got an e-mail telling me when to show up at work.

Interview Question – Pretend I need to buy a pen, and your company sells pens. Why should I buy your pen?   View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital in June 2010.

Interview Details – Group is highly professional, very intelligent team of employees with proven track record. Phone Interview and multiple in office interviews. Offer great package to newly hired employees. Company is conservative (good thing during these times). Plenty of room for growth within firm and opportunities to lateral to other areas of firm.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital employees and interview candidates.