Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kearney, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple step process. Application, Personality test, Phone interview, 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – How have you had to adjust to a change in procedure at your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Lincoln, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with Wells Fargo after receiving a recommendation from someone I knew at Wells Fargo. I live in Lincoln, NE and got a phone call from someone in Colorado for the interview. This job is an entry level job and I had at the time over a year experience in the financial services industry. I was shocked when they didn't want an in person interview. The only thing I said that would garner that kind of response was that I wanted to apply for this position so I could become a licensed banker and maybe eventually a Wells Fargo Advisor. Clearly they just wanted someone who would stay at the personal banker position. I do not recommend working anywhere where you get interviewed anywhere BUT the location you apply at. Those phone interviewers just interview people all day. If they are having a bad day you won't make it to the next round no matter how good your answers are.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Phone interview mainly tells you about the position.   Answer Question

Operations Clerk Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a phone call from the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview with the, I believe, regional manager. After completing the phone interview, questions were centered around pertinent experience and basic information, an in person interview was set up on the job site. It was a pretty typical entry level type interview with some standardized questions, mostly describing experiences and qualifications. There was a tour of the job site after the interview. After passing the interview there was a background check and then a job offer.

Interview Question – Please describe an example of exemplary customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Everything was exponentially better than my last job.

Kearney, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for a part time teller position on Sunday. I was contacted on Wednesday for a telephone interview (pretty simple). I was then contacted by the branch service manager to set up a face to face interview. I had the interview five days after the telephone interview. The interview consisted of me, the branch service manager, and the branch manager.

Interview Question – no questions were very hard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Mon-Fri 9am-5pm training would not work out with my school schedule

Very Difficult Interview

Lincoln, NE

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a group interview with 15 other people. It was absolutely absurd. One girl mentioned her dad was the manager, someone said they had already worked at another one in a larger city, and then one person went on a hardcore tangent about how it was their dream to work there. Naturally after intros I knew this was not gonna be happening. Seriously it all went down hill from there. They lady would say a question and it was a battle to see who would answer first. Imagine the Hunger Games but with business suits. Absolutely the worst interview I had ever been to. It made me very glad I didn't receive an offer. And I only put "very difficult" because of the whole group interview/tool bags/hunger games situation. The questions in general, not that big of a deal.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in Nebraska. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.