Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Manager II Interview

Service Manager II
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired internally. I applied, had an in-person interview with Recruiting Manager (would have been a phone interview, but I worked at the same building she did). My manager let me know that I had been set up for an interview. Went to the interview and interviewed with one other Branch Manager than my own.

Interview Question – Questions were very typical. Tell me about a time... Use STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Recruiting Head said I need to talk to Branch Manager, Branch Manager said she doesn't do any of that, that I need to talk to Recruiting Head. I got the run around.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

Interview Details – all about sales !

Interview Question – more about experiences with other job.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, on Wells Fargo Careers, and received an email to schedule a group interview. I attended the group interview of about 12 people a week later. Shortly after the interview I was called by a branch manager to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by the Service Manager and lead teller.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online to severall companies and Wells was very quick to contact me and go through the interview process. Step 1 was a phone interview with a recruiter. Step 2 was a group interview at the HR center. Step 3 was a 1:1 interview with a branch manager. Though not always the case, I also had a Step 4, which was another 1:1 with another branch manager. This was because the first 1:1 was for the district and the second was with the manager of the specific branch that I was going to be assigned to.

Negotiation Details – Told very specifically that there was no negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email about 2 weeks after I applied to set up a time for interview. It was a group interview, there were about ten of us. We watched a video on Wells Fargo, and the position. We went around introducing ourselves, what we wanted to do in the company, what our future goals were, and what kind of experience we had. They also wanted to know our preferred location, and hours.

Interview Question – Describe a professional goal(preferably sales related) that you had to reach. How did you reach it, what did you do, how long did it take, and what was the impact?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

Interview Details – The process was a joke. I completed an online app. A recruiter called and scheduled a group interview on Rainbow in Las Vegas. The online instructions gave directions to the location which I followed. As I arrived my GPS was telling me to go 1/4 mile farther but I followed the WF directions which led me to a maze of office buildings, never getting to the location. Went back and followed my GPS and arrived. The facilitator asked for our references which luckily at the last minute I had grabbed since the online instructions did not mention this detail; they however did say not to wear jeans or tennis shoes and to bring a pen (duh). We were asked how far we were willing to drive for $10 hr, up to 20 miles. When applying online you specifically select a certain branch that had the opening so this seemed like the old "bait and switch". At the end she stated we would be emailed a decline or move on to the next step by Friday 4:00 pm. Never go an email, had to check the status of my app online to find I had an offer to a location outside my desired travel distance.

Interview Question – None were difficult, check online, there are helpful typical questions and be prepared with your own answers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I applied to work in a certain branch but was offered a position considerably farther than I am willing to drive. A complete waste of time, my online app stated the location I desired to work.

Very Difficult Interview

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details – the phone interview was a series of work related questions. I passed that. then the 1-1 interview was all about sales & when I would offer a sales answer the person doing the interview said it wasn't a sales. job so when I answer another question it was about up saleing products & services & still the lady that was reading the questions to me that sounded like sales. She keep saying it's not sales. so it was very confusing & I thought I nailed it with my 20 years in customer service & sales. but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• about how you would ask a customer for more products & services   View Answer
  • when you get a customer that is not satisfied with his or her account. & everything you do to help the customer just makes them mad at you & you really couldn't help.   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and took an IQ / Intelligence test, then about 5 days later received an email to call 800 and spoke with a representative and scheduled a group appointment a week later. There were about 12 people, first they explained the position you applied for, the benefits. Then they ask to introduce ourselves: name, work related background, why you want to work for them, hours and days available to work, future career goals, and if you are bilingual. After that they ask you to tell about a specific customer experience, the approach and the final outcome. Pretty easy they said they would let you know if you didnt get the job by email before Friday (3 days later). If you got the job a store manager will call you back for a 1-1 interview

Interview Questions

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2009.

Interview Details – you're screened on the phone. Play up your sales experience. You go to a group interview where they see if you should be sent to the teller forums or the banker forums. Wear a nice suit, have intelligent answers, talking about how you succeed under sales pressure ( I had no real sales experience but lots of experience meeting quotas and numbers) and they sent me to the banker forum instead of the teller.

Interview Question – How would you respond if a co-worker sold something to YOUR client that you worked with for years.   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online and passing a few basic questions, I was given a number to call for a phone interview. It was pretty basic. I was asked to provide examples of customer service and sales situations. Then I was scheduled for a group interview with about 12 other people. They gave us information about the company and then had each of us tell about ourselves. Then we were asked to pair up with someone for a role play. We had to pick something to sell to the other person. We only had a couple of minutes to get our thoughts together and then we had to get up in front of the group and sell. I picked a cell phone and asked the guy what he was looking for in his next cell phone, what features he liked about his current phone, etc. After the group interview they told us they would contact us via email if we were not moving on and via phone if we were moving on. I got a call from a recruiter later that week who asked me why my resume had not been updated from 2 years ago. I told her that this was the first time I had applied to this company. As it turns out, there was another person with my same name in another state who she had pulled up on the computer and forwarded to the manager. Because of this mix up, I never received a call from the manager since he had the wrong resume. Because of all of this, I lost interest in the company. How could they be so not detail oriented for a bank? Anyway I wont be applying with them again.

Interview Question – Sell us something   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!