Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Nevada

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

all about sales !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Applied online, on Wells Fargo Careers, and received an email to schedule a group interview. I attended the group interview of about 12 people a week later. Shortly after the interview I was called by a branch manager to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by the Service Manager and lead teller.

Service Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

I was hired internally. I applied, had an in-person interview with Recruiting Manager (would have been a phone interview, but I worked at the same building she did). My manager let me know that I had been set up for an interview. Went to the interview and interviewed with one other Branch Manager than my own.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very typical. Tell me about a time... Use STAR format.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. Recruiting Head said I need to talk to Branch Manager, Branch Manager said she doesn't do any of that, that I need to talk to Recruiting Head. I got the run around.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I went through 4 interviews. The first is a phone interview with a head hunting group. Usually ManPower Group. They ask the usual tell me about yourself, why do you have an interest in this position questions. They have you do 2 scenarios for a mach client interaction. It was very simple. The second was with the Branch Manager and the third with the Market Area President.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you believe that you will find success in this industry when 70% of new hires fail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Got an email about 2 weeks after I applied to set up a time for interview. It was a group interview, there were about ten of us. We watched a video on Wells Fargo, and the position. We went around introducing ourselves, what we wanted to do in the company, what our future goals were, and what kind of experience we had. They also wanted to know our preferred location, and hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a professional goal(preferably sales related) that you had to reach. How did you reach it, what did you do, how long did it take, and what was the impact?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

The process was a joke. I completed an online app. A recruiter called and scheduled a group interview on Rainbow in Las Vegas. The online instructions gave directions to the location which I followed. As I arrived my GPS was telling me to go 1/4 mile farther but I followed the WF directions which led me to a maze of office buildings, never getting to the location. Went back and followed my GPS and arrived. The facilitator asked for our references which luckily at the last minute I had grabbed since the online instructions did not mention this detail; they however did say not to wear jeans or tennis shoes and to bring a pen (duh). We were asked how far we were willing to drive for $10 hr, up to 20 miles. When applying online you specifically select a certain branch that had the opening so this seemed like the old "bait and switch". At the end she stated we would be emailed a decline or move on to the next step by Friday 4:00 pm. Never go an email, had to check the status of my app online to find I had an offer to a location outside my desired travel distance.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult, check online, there are helpful typical questions and be prepared with your own answers.   Answer Question

I applied to work in a certain branch but was offered a position considerably farther than I am willing to drive. A complete waste of time, my online app stated the location I desired to work.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

the phone interview was a series of work related questions. I passed that. then the 1-1 interview was all about sales & when I would offer a sales answer the person doing the interview said it wasn't a sales. job so when I answer another question it was about up saleing products & services & still the lady that was reading the questions to me that sounded like sales. She keep saying it's not sales. so it was very confusing & I thought I nailed it with my 20 years in customer service & sales. but no job offer.

Interview Questions
    • about how you would ask a customer for more products & services   View Answer
    • when you get a customer that is not satisfied with his or her account. & everything you do to help the customer just makes them mad at you & you really couldn't help.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Applied online to severall companies and Wells was very quick to contact me and go through the interview process. Step 1 was a phone interview with a recruiter. Step 2 was a group interview at the HR center. Step 3 was a 1:1 interview with a branch manager. Though not always the case, I also had a Step 4, which was another 1:1 with another branch manager. This was because the first 1:1 was for the district and the second was with the manager of the specific branch that I was going to be assigned to.

Told very specifically that there was no negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

I applied online and took an IQ / Intelligence test, then about 5 days later received an email to call 800 and spoke with a representative and scheduled a group appointment a week later. There were about 12 people, first they explained the position you applied for, the benefits. Then they ask to introduce ourselves: name, work related background, why you want to work for them, hours and days available to work, future career goals, and if you are bilingual. After that they ask you to tell about a specific customer experience, the approach and the final outcome. Pretty easy they said they would let you know if you didnt get the job by email before Friday (3 days later). If you got the job a store manager will call you back for a 1-1 interview

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

okay guys, i just got out of the GROUP interview... i was so nervous before the interview, and i came to sites like this for advice, so i know multiple people are going to appreciate this... Group interview is important, there were 16 people in there all applying for personal banker... more girls than guys... its takes 2 hours because everyone has to get a chance to talk... about a 30 min intro to wells fargo(Speaker/ District Mgr/Store mgrs intro), then around the room for name intro's, previous exp, why wells?, one word to describe yourself (pick a Good Positive Word), bout 2 mins long, and around the room... just stick to the script, dont talk too long,leave that up to the others, unless your that type of person that wants to stand out right away... works for some people.. but make it short & sweet & very Professional... (you'll get a better chance later to standout)...

Then She says "okay were gonna volunteer people to speak, and talk about the last time you did something you were proud of?"... But really, people go all around the room and say whatever... From My Point Of View, this is when you start judging your competition... its 100% chance someone in this room is getting hired.. everyone's nervous... maybe half the room will get hired, but i know EveryOne in this room will not get a job offer...
    THIS Will Be Your BEST CHANCE to say something Meaningful !!! Keep it Short, but not too Short (2-3mins)... In this 2-3 minutes use the Most KeyWords as Possible... SALES, Target Quotas, Customer Service, Professional, Relationship Building, FOLLOWUP(thats a good 1), Integrity, Detail Oriented.... PLease try To Customize your own, its way easier than you think, BUT KEEP in mind, THIS is your First Best Chance TO STAND OUT...
    Then after that, she says we will do a role play and sell something... random matchup for about 2-3 mins Each... you can sell whatever you want, just Be Prepared for This... THIS Will Be Your SECOND BEST Chance to STANDOUT... Its Better to do this Freestyle, But you should give some good thought about using key words in this Sales Presentaion... Be Creative, its not What your Selling they want to hear... They want to Hear - Your Ready To Be AN ArGessive Salesman, A Relationship Buildings Salesman, A Follow Up SAlesman... Be Creative Guys!!... Dont be scared to make eye contact with the district managers...

Then they continue to go around the room with this sales presentation (takes about 30-40 mins)...
    And Thats It!!!
    She will get back in front, talk about the time frame, its a serious background check... talks for about 15-20 mins)...
    then asks "any questions?"... Surely someone will want to speakup... If You Want, This Is your 3rd Chance to Standout... Only Use this card if you need it... I think people can lose points here, and ask a Dumb Question...lol... Dont Overdue it, but it could be a good oppurtunity to show more of your personality... I said "if you need more than 2 resumes, i brought extras in case you want to pass them on to the other managers in other Regions in the Country, im open for relocation, are there any wells fargos in miami, florida?"... I Know Its Corny !!, but it did make them laugh and it kinda broke the ice and the end of the interview...

Good LUck Guys... its easier than you think...
    i expect to hear back... it will be for a 1:1 interview , I know this will be the Most Important Interview...
     i Will be Interviewed by A Manager that i will work with for the next several years...my only advice is use your salemanship skills, sell yourself, and make a friend if your comfortable quickly, otherwise keep it professional and let them know your serious about working for and representing wells fargo ...

background check takes 2-3 weeks... then there is a 5-6 week class... some good training lies ahead...