Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ogden, UT

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Interview Details – completed an online application and answered a lot of questions then scheduled for a group interview. The group interview had easy questions that related to sales and past examples of my experience with customers and sales goals. The interview went well except for the Recruiter was not very organized and was late for her own interview. unprofessional.

Interview Question – an example of a sales and customer service accomplishment   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was called by the recruiter and offered 10.00. I declined because i didnt have a good impression of the company based on the interview process and the representation of the company.

Ogden, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2009.

Interview Details – Since its been a couple of years since my interview things have changed. Currently you must go through a initial screening online perhaps a phone interview until you are invited to a group interview which will than advance you to 1:1 interviews with specific branches. The actually 1:1 interview consists of pretty standard questions such as "what made you choose Wells Fargo," where do you see yourself in the future with this company." They will also ask about lapses in time in your resume and if you were employed before and why you left that employment. Since this is a selling position you will be asked to sell a random object to the interviewee. Usually this is to see if you have basic selling skills by giving the features and advantages of the object. My advice if you were given such a exercise would be stay calm, explain the advantages while also if applicable trying to cross-sell maybe another object in the room and than closing with an assumptive sale.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered 9.5 to start, I didn't know another language and had no previous experience to such a job so I had very little leverage. I did my homework on what others had started with in teller positions in the area and it was around 10.00. I spoke to the person who hired me and explained what I had learned and we were able to meet at 9.75. Usually if you are able to speak another language that is frequent in the area (Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) you could easily negotiate up to .50.

Lead Teller Interview

Lead Teller
Ogden, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2008.

Interview Details – Apply online through wellsfargo.com/careers. Service Manager will call and schedule an interview. Dress professionally- at a minimum nice shirt/tie. I have subsequently sat in on several interviews in the selection process, and we immediately reject candidates who are not dressed appropriately. Be preprared to answer questions about sales experience; be prepared to give a sales pitch- it is critical here to ask for the sale at the end of pitch; do not just give description of the product you are asked to sell. What we mainly look for is a personality that will fit in with the team and not be afraid to initiate sales conversations with customers.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a positive attitude while faced with constant rejection?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very limited salary negotiation

Ogden, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2008.

Interview Details – I called and asked for an interview, I guess that gave me brownie points. They called me for an interview a few days later. I went in for only 1 interview a few days after they called me. My interview took 20 minutes. I got a call from them about a week later offering me the job.

Interview Question – Will you sell this item?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I pretty much accepted what they offered me because it is the best offered I've ever got.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in Ogden, UT. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.