Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a rather easy interview process. I applied (I knew someone who already worked there). I didn't get an interview because I knew someone though. I had to apply online and was pre-screened. It was a rather short interview and didn't include a panel, however I did meet everyone who worked at the branch before and after my interview. It was a very comfortable experience as I was new to interviewing for a professional position and didn't know what to expect. Larger branches may be more intimidating to interview at.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you handled a customer conflict, how did it turn out? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Silverton, OR).

Interview

This process started with meeting the service manager (my eventual supervisor) as a follow-up to my application. It then moved to a formal interview face to face again with the service manager. She asked me fairly generic questions for a customer service position. The interview portion took about an hour. After that, I waited for about a month to receive an offer for the position. It was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unsatisfied customer in the past?   1 Answer

Phone Banker I (Lo) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR).

Interview

Applied online, contacted within three days for phone interview. Had some issues with the recruiter as they were not efficient nor organized. Phone interview was cancelled by recruiter and since I contacted them back, it was rescheduled. Took 10 minutes, scheduled in person interview following week. Interview questions were very wordy. Background check and credit check for this department were requested and to be completed within 48 hours. Job offered and accepted. Be prepared to give a lot of examples of how you worked in teams and by yourself and with tough situations, followed with you actions to resolve those situations and the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the hundreds of other applicants?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after the posting for the position closed got an email the next week to schedule a phone interview for the very next day (only had 1 day option with 2 different times). Had a phone interview with the recruiter which lasted about 10 minutes (was told I passed and would move me forward for the next step), then shortly after had an interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30-60-90 day plan for the store when you become manager?   Answer Question

Wasn't satisfied with salary offered. Negotiated pay but there was no budging or even a counter offer.

Collector III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by their recruiter in AZ within hours of applying. She worked out a few interview dates and times. I selected one and my interview was confirmed. I have to say I was 15 minutes late for my interview as I missed the train. They were super cool and offered to reschedule the interview. I met with a collections supervisor who was very professional and very kind. The interview last about 40 minutes and two days later the recruiter called to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a co-worker or employee had done or said something that required immediate action in front of other staff   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Beaverton, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about a 2-3 weeks. I applied online and got an email to set up a phone screening the next day. First interview is the phone screening (this is generally done by a recruiter), they will ask you some general questions but be sure to answer all of them backed with examples (S.T.A.R. questions). My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes, because it seems like they make a high volume of calls daily. The recruiter asked me only 2-4 questions. 1. "Why are you interested in this position?" 2. "Tell me about a time you made a sale." 3. "Tell me about a time you had a conflict.. give specific examples." After you pass the screening, the recruiter will schedule a face-to-face interview. This will be with 2 supervisors (one will be asking you the main questions, and the other will try to pick and pull more answers out of you if your answer is too vague.) This interview lasted a little less than an hour. The key words to use/take note of are: customer service, sales and service go hand-in-hand, actively listening, empathizing, and be very VERY specific (because they may re-ask you the same question in a different way if you are too vague). During the interview they go over your resume (so be sure to study it), and then after that they will ask you a series of S.T.A.R questions where they expect you to give a very detailed example followed by the positive outcomes, and they will question if you got recognized for your previous work (and how you got recognized for it). After the face-to-face interview they will notify you within 3 days (email if you got the job, phone call if you didn't.) I was hired right on the spot and got an email within 20 minutes after my interview. After that, you do a finger-print background check (no drug tests, at least for me.) and then you're all set to go for training for 6 weeks!

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a time when you had a conflict, and how did you overcome that? Be very specific." "Why are you interested in this position/why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?" "Why is customer service important to you?" "Give me an example of a time when you went beyond customer services, and how did that affect sales?" "Do you think you work well with a team or alone with projects?" "What do you want to get out of this position?" ... etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting pay is at $13.66, I managed to bump it up to $15

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone interview. shortly after i got an interview which was one-on-one.the question where pretty generic and a lot of "tell me about a time..." or "tell me about yourself..." type questions. also a few scenarios and how you would go about the situation. Try not to ""umm" but instead take a moment to gather your thoughts.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you dealt with a difficult customer? How do you feel about instant feedback?   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR).

Interview

Professional and to the point typical phone interview with scenario questions, in person interview is basically the same questions as the phone interview just requires you to give more specific answers when it comes to sales experience, and basic background checks; quick hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you work in sales and tell them that you had to meet certain goals or stats be prepared to give specific numbers no estimates.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

After submitting the online application, which focuses on sales and customer interactions, qualified candidates will receive a phone interview. This highlights the skills presented in the application and the interviewer determines your experience navigating computer systems, sales, and customer service. The next step is an on-site interview which goes a little more in depth than the phone interview. They really try to assess if the position is a good fit. They determine adaptability and basic professional skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to meet specific (quantified) sales goals and what steps did you take to meet those goals. This is difficult if past experiences haven't set very specific goals to meet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to express my schedule preference from several choices. If believe your experience/ education warrants higher pay than what they offer, definitely do express that. They are pretty fair and will at least hear you out.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

After an initial telephone interview, candidates are brought in for a group interview. In my case, there was approximately 10-12 other people. Questions are asked, and answers are given by anyone--no set turns or system. After the group interview, prospective employees are either offered the position via telephone or brought in for an additional one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is you proudest personal achievement (not work related)   Answer Question