Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.8

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Applied online then got a phone interview. shortly after i got an interview which was one-on-one.the question where pretty generic and a lot of "tell me about a time..." or "tell me about yourself..." type questions. also a few scenarios and how you would go about the situation. Try not to ""umm" but instead take a moment to gather your thoughts.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      How do you feel about instant feedback?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

The whole process took about a 2-3 weeks. I applied online and got an email to set up a phone screening the next day.
    First interview is the phone screening (this is generally done by a recruiter), they will ask you some general questions but be sure to answer all of them backed with examples (S.T.A.R. questions). My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes, because it seems like they make a high volume of calls daily. The recruiter asked me only 2-4 questions.
    1. "Why are you interested in this position?"
    2. "Tell me about a time you made a sale."
    3. "Tell me about a time you had a conflict.. give specific examples."

After you pass the screening, the recruiter will schedule a face-to-face interview. This will be with 2 supervisors (one will be asking you the main questions, and the other will try to pick and pull more answers out of you if your answer is too vague.) This interview lasted a little less than an hour. The key words to use/take note of are: customer service, sales and service go hand-in-hand, actively listening, empathizing, and be very VERY specific (because they may re-ask you the same question in a different way if you are too vague). During the interview they go over your resume (so be sure to study it), and then after that they will ask you a series of S.T.A.R questions where they expect you to give a very detailed example followed by the positive outcomes, and they will question if you got recognized for your previous work (and how you got recognized for it). After the face-to-face interview they will notify you within 3 days (email if you got the job, phone call if you didn't.) I was hired right on the spot and got an email within 20 minutes after my interview.

After that, you do a finger-print background check (no drug tests, at least for me.) and then you're all set to go for training for 6 weeks!

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an example of a time when you had a conflict, and how did you overcome that? Be very specific."
      "Why are you interested in this position/why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?"
      "Why is customer service important to you?"
      "Give me an example of a time when you went beyond customer services, and how did that affect sales?"
      "Do you think you work well with a team or alone with projects?"
      "What do you want to get out of this position?"
      ... etc.

View Answer
    Starting pay is at $13.66, I managed to bump it up to $15

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Professional and to the point typical phone interview with scenario questions, in person interview is basically the same questions as the phone interview just requires you to give more specific answers when it comes to sales experience, and basic background checks; quick hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • If you work in sales and tell them that you had to meet certain goals or stats be prepared to give specific numbers no estimates.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

After submitting the online application, which focuses on sales and customer interactions, qualified candidates will receive a phone interview. This highlights the skills presented in the application and the interviewer determines your experience navigating computer systems, sales, and customer service. The next step is an on-site interview which goes a little more in depth than the phone interview. They really try to assess if the position is a good fit. They determine adaptability and basic professional skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to meet specific (quantified) sales goals and what steps did you take to meet those goals. This is difficult if past experiences haven't set very specific goals to meet.   Answer Question
    I was able to express my schedule preference from several choices. If believe your experience/ education warrants higher pay than what they offer, definitely do express that. They are pretty fair and will at least hear you out.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

After an initial telephone interview, candidates are brought in for a group interview. In my case, there was approximately 10-12 other people. Questions are asked, and answers are given by anyone--no set turns or system. After the group interview, prospective employees are either offered the position via telephone or brought in for an additional one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is you proudest personal achievement (not work related)   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

The first interview process is on campus interview, and if they decided to move you forward then it is a second round at a divisional office. The offer should come within a week after the second if they decided to bring you on.

Interview Questions
    • The first interview isn't all behavior questions that most people would expect for an internship. It also contained a lot of accounting an finance questions.   Answer Question

HMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

It took 5 months with 6 or 7 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an angery customer and how you resolved it   View Answer
    There was none really, there way or the high way.

Financial Crimes Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, got call to schedule for interview a week later. Met with 2 direct managers. It was pretty good, typical questions like intro background, strength/weakness... why this job?
    The interview lasted about 45min. At the end, they informed would contact me next week because they still have some other interviews already scheduled.

Got job offer a week after.!!!

Interview Questions
    • What type of supervisor/manager would you expect to work for?   View Answer
    Offer was good enough, no negotiation needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Initial communications were stellar. I felt like our recruiting coordinator gave me the most welcoming experience. The interviewers were friendly, and the turnaround time for hearing a result was fast.

I do not feel like the job expectations at the interview matched the job description on their website.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you got in a conflict with a co-worker and how was it resolved?"   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Submitted my resume to Wells Fargo career site; A recruiter called me that day and set up an interview at a job fair in Portland the following week. I was signed during the job fair interview.

Hiring bonus available for those relocating or qualified in position with experience.