Wells Fargo

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

Applied online and a few days later got called by a recruiter to go to a big branch downtown Phoenix. The recruiter then told the group about wells fargo and basically selling the company as a whole. During that time we were told to choose selected locations that we were interested in working at. A few days later branches call you in for a group or solo interview. My group interview was with 3 other people and 2 managers. My solo interview was with 2 managers. They ask questions about what you would do or experiences you have had. Things a sales rep would do.

Interview Questions
  • I did not ask any questions I just gave them straight answers to their questions because I already knew all the ins and outs of the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I received an email a few weeks after applying. The email was an invitation for a group interview the place was east to find. It was a group of about 12 people they asked questions like, describe a time when you when out of your way to help a customer or a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. A few weeks after the i got an invite for a final interview it was also a group but it was group of two that would get paired up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you shined as an employee and how did your manager(s) see reacted?   Answer Question
    It was easy my recruiter was really nice kept me in contact with me thought the whole process.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group interview with customer needs based selling approach. They want to make sure you are an extrovert and can put on a smile all the time. Overall a decent experience, but you need to be able to put on the face they want as a customer service representative with the requirement to up sell the services they offer to existing patrons.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online. The application is pretty standard. There's an assessment following the application with basic customer service questions. A day or two later, I received an email from HR stating that I had passed the assessment with an interview date and time. (It had a link to click if the date given didn't work) The email stated that it was a group interview, and also discussed dress code for the interview.

The interview itself was fairly painless, it was a group interview with ten people total. We were taken to a room and sat around a table. Water, pen & paper, a note sheet, and a mini application (Name, date, position applying for, and availably) was placed in front of all interviewees.

It started out by the recruiter introducing herself and going over the job duties of a teller. She also told us that the pay was 11.23/hour. The part time teller position has 17-27 hours a week, based on performance and branch needs.

We then had to go around and introduce ourselves. Most described their job history, any education they had that related to the job. We were also asked to tell why we wanted to work for Wells Fargo.

Once introductions were done, the recruiter went over the values and vision of the company.

We were then asked three interview questions. She asked one question at a time, and took answers from those who volunteered. Once everyone had answered she moved to the next question until all three questions were answered by everyone.

The interview concluded by the recruiter going over career paths and opportunities within the company. She also gave everyone the opportunity to ask questions. We were told that if we were to be considered for the job, we would receive a phone call from the store manager. If they didn't think we were a fit, then you would receive an email stating so.

Interview Questions
    • Name the greatest challenge that you have experienced in your career and how you overcame it.

*How did you go about accomplishing?

*How did it make you a better person?

Answer Question
    • Name a specific time you set a goal for yourself that you achieved.

* Must be a professional goal

*What was the most challenging aspect of achieving your goal?

Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to handle an irate customer, where the outcome was positive.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The first interview was a group interview. The recruiter asked each of us (there were 10 people in total) to first introduce ourselves and discuss why we want to work for Wells Fargo. She asked four more questions after that like, "Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer." The next interview was with the managers at the location that I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to achieve a sales goal? If so, how were you able to achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Applied online then got a phone interview. shortly after i got an interview which was one-on-one.the question where pretty generic and a lot of "tell me about a time..." or "tell me about yourself..." type questions. also a few scenarios and how you would go about the situation. Try not to ""umm" but instead take a moment to gather your thoughts.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      How do you feel about instant feedback?

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, took assessment test, went to a group interview a week later. Recruiter told us that we will get a phone call from her within 3-5 days letting us know if we get the next interview, or get a rejection email within 5 days. It has been two weeks and I haven't gotten a phone call nor an email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you met a sales goal, what was the hardest part, what did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

After filling out an application three or four days later I got a email asking me to pick a time available for an interview so after I pick the time they gave me all the information I needed the day of the interview. The day of the interview it was a group interview, about eight of us and we took turns answering the questions. They say you're going to be there for four hours but I think the interview was Lestin two hours. A couple of days later they will send you an email letting you know if you got the decision tonight and if not you would have to apply again in six weeks. Oh and I forgot about parking, if you are not familiar with Atlantic Station same parking will be quite confusing for you so make sure wherever Business you park by downstairs that you remember because if you don't you will be lost and please keep your ticket with you!!

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with out rate customers? Name a time it work where you went above and beyond for a customer? What are your goals in life? Why do you think you would be a great employee at Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

Was asked about 10 behavioral questions and questions about my work history, it was not a group interview, there was two people interviewing me, the whole interview lasted about an hour and I was told a decision would take about 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

Applied online nov 20. Received email on nov 26 to schedule a group interview. Only slot available was dec 3rd at 2pm. 2 hour group interview dependent upon how many applicants there is present. There was 6 at mines. They inform u that they will contact everyone in 3 to 5 days regardless of the decision. Received call on dec 5th to interview with branch manager(not necessarily your work location) on dec 10th. Did one on one interview with manager from a different branch. Was told by manager that they like where interview was headed and i would hear from them in few days regardless of decision. Still awaiting call or email with decision.......

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult. Just do your research on company and study behavorial questions.   Answer Question