Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – I completed an application & an online assessment, shortly afterwards I set up a time for a group interview. We were all asked 3 questions, 1) our work history, 2) give an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer, & 3) how did you contribute to a sales goal. Afterwards, we were able to ask questions. She said we would get an email if we did not get the position, I didn't get an email, but I also didn't get a phone call for a second interview until about a month later! Now I have the 2nd interview with a branch & service manager this week.

Interview Question – How did you contribute to a sales goal. (I've never really worked in sales.)   Answer Question

Eureka, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed by phone by a very nice woman. She asked simple questions about my previous work experience as outlined on my resume, and then said she would forward my responses to a hiring manager. The hiring manager gave me a call within the week, and we set up an in-person interview. I was the first person interviewed and it went on for a lengthy 2 hours. The manager said that a Wells Fargo representative would call me in a few days whether or not I was hired, but after I waited a week and a half I had to call the branch personally to find out that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you resolved a dispute with an upset customer.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied part time teller position online. After 3 days, I received email to schedule a group interview. I went to group interview, total has 9 people in the group. Interviewer introduced wells fargo teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? What is your favorite dessert? )Group Interview lasted 1 hour. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger and manager assistant. Two of them interview me, asked few questions((introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? Tell us how do you learn a new thing? What's your cash handling experience? How many language you can speak? How did you achieve your sales quota in previous job? )

Interview Question – What's your favorite dessert?   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a hiring center in the next town over. There were 4 others waiting in the Soda Machine room eagerly awaiting an interview. I was called first and met for a one to one interview when I had been told there would be at least a few people there. The interviewer said the bank was growing in our area and was looking for motivated people to move through the system. I was told I did well, and my "stuff was sent up". I thought for sure I got the job. I was later notified that there were others whose qualifications more closely matched the job requirements, and to continue to apply. Needless to say, I reapplied a number of times and was given the same form response after the job opening period.

Interview Question – What would you do to generate new account.   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had to take a short quiz. Followed by a short phone interview with two generic questions. Attended a group interview at a branch in Broomfield of about 8 people. The HR director scheduled me for an interview with the managers at a branch. The interview went really well until we realized that it was for a full-time position. I didn't get the job because I'm still a student and didn't have the time but I was told because the managers liked me so much they would forward my info to another branch. After a week, I got another interview again at a different branch. Repeated the exact same process. All of this for a part time teller position. What a joke, the HR director mistakenly sent me to a full-time interview. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went above and beyond in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online at various locations to be a Teller with Wells Fargo. A couple of weeks had passed and I received an email to a web screening where I had to answer questions about salary, availability and previous sales experience. When I passed that, I was given a number at the end to call a recruiter for an over the phone interview. He asked basic interview questions like describe your most recent challenge at work, are you recognized for your efforts, what are your sales goals, etc. After I answered all his questions, I was offered a group interview a week later with a local recruiter at a nearby Wells Fargo branch. The group interview consisted of 8-9 people and on interviewer. She asked us four questions about our sales experience and sales goals and then we watched a brief movie on what a tellers job requires. The whole interview lasted about an hour and a half. She explained that whether we passed or failed she would be contacting us by email to let us know within two weeks. A week later I was contacted for another interview, this time in front of 3 different managers at a different Wells Fargo Location. I have yet to go to the final interview.

Interview Questions

Part-time Teller Interview

Part-time Teller
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were 7 of us who were interviewed in a conference room by the Director of Human Resources. The emphasis of the interview was on the ability to sell. I believe that they are less concerned with the interests of the customer than with taking every last dollar out of the customer's pocket. That was disappointing.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult customer service situation that you encountered and what steps did you take to resolve the problem? Were you recognized for your efforts?   Answer Question

Teller (Part Time) Interview

Teller (Part Time)
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Wells Fargo Teller position. I recieved a phone call shortly from a lady. The phone call took about 5 minutes, it consisted of standard easy questions like "do you have sales experience?". I then went to a group interview downtown. Be prepared to answer questions about why you left your last job, your sales experience, how you dealt with a tough customer situation, how you met your sales goals in a recent position/situation (if you had them). As long as you show up on time & are presentable (dressed nicely, smile, ect.) are able to answer questions confidently you should do well. I was forwarded to a branch close to me and I have an interview (i'm assuming one-on-one) tomorrow!

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with and resolve a tough customer situation? (i.e. when they're angry, it's very busy, ect.)   Answer Question
  • Did you have sales goals in one of your recent positions? If so, what were they and how/did you meet them?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online application through the Wells Fargo website. Received an email the next day with a numbered code and was told to contact a Wells recruiter at a specific toll-free phone number. Chatted with that person for a couple of minutes, and she then invited me to attend a group interview in 3 weeks. That interview was yesterday. Held in a very nice Wells Fargo corporate facility. There were 8 of us in the group, and an HR rep from Wells was the facilitator. All of us were asked to introduce ourselves and tell a little about the last 2 or 3 jobs that we had held. Then, each of us was asked to talk about a particular sales "triumph" that we had implemented, where we had been able to meet our exceed a sales goal. The final question was to give an example of a time when we had gone the extra mile to provide excellent customer service. The whole group interview process took approximately 90 minutes and was pretty low-key. The next step is to wait and see if I receive an invitation to interview with the manager of any branches in my desired area.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging sales situation that you've encountered?   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!