Wells Fargo

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

Online application then received an email to do an online screening, after completing that I immediately received an email inviting me to choose an interview date/time. Did group interview with about 11 other candidates. It lasted for exactly 2 hours n was then told that we would receive an email about the next step. Seven days after my interview I got an email from them saying they've decided to go with other candidates at the time and shockingly 5 days later I received a call from the recruiter saying he found another opportunity for me an set me up with an interview at the store where I was interviewed by the store manager and another person. Interview went okay, the team seemed very friendly. I was told that they have to send results back to the recruiter and he would be contacting me with whatever decision they made. So I'm currently waiting on that call or email.....HOPEFULLY I get it because I need it. Good luck to everyone that's going on interviews.

Interview Questions
  • A time you went up and beyond with for a customer.....it was just behavioral questions. To me all interviewers ask the same thing or similar   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

I applied online for an open part-time teller position on December 5th and received a phone call from a Wells Fargo staffing specialist four days later on the 9th. She conducted a brief interview with me over the phone about my past work experiences and motivation to work for the company and then scheduled a one-on-one interview for me for two days later on the 12th. The interview was conducted by the Service Manager and the Store Manager at the same time, and was relatively easy and laid back. The questions were all pretty basic S.T.A.R. format and targeted selection situations (tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer: how did you resolve the situation? that kind of thing) and then some basic information about myself, my experience handling cash, and a couple of role-play situations. Nothing to stress over. The two interviewers made me feel very welcome and relaxed, and I actually had a good time getting to know them and the job requirements better. I just finished my interview today, and I know they still have a few more candidates to meet with before they make a decision. I was told I should be hearing from them one way or the other within the next week or so. Hopefully, it'll be good news! :)

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you had a difficult goal to achieve.
      Give an example of a time you've gone above and beyond for a customer.
      How would you handle the situation if an angry customers comes in complaining that a deposit they made last week was not credited to their account and caused some checks to bounce?

Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

Was asked about 10 behavioral questions and questions about my work history, it was not a group interview, there was two people interviewing me, the whole interview lasted about an hour and I was told a decision would take about 2 weeks

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

they sent me an email saying that they will call me at 10:00 am however they called at 10:10 am (late) then they went straight to my voicemail and they said they were not accepting calls back and they will drop me from the interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

1) Basic online assessment.

2) Group interview.
    - watch video about company
    - recruiter explains policies, details about position, etc.
    - recruiter then asks for introduction and then asks 3 questions
    - lasts about 1hr30min

3) 1:1 w/branch managers

- Dress business professional.

- Make a point to answer using STAR format (if /when possible).

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied online to multiple listings, took "evaluation" and was cleared for initial interview each time, but received emails stating no interview times were available every time I applied, with a warning that positions fill quickly so there may not ever be an interview time available. Even if I completed the application, evaluation and went to schedule my interview within minutes, always was told no times available. Finally had a recruiter call me to see if I was still interested in interviewing and we scheduled a time for an initial phone interview/screening. Once that was completed she moved me on to schedule with the hiring manager, but that scheduling took another week and then the interview was rescheduled anyway. Finally had my interview with both the branch manager and teller coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any really unexpected questions, the recruiters send a "how to interview" document so really read that. They expect you to give examples of how you reacted and handeled specific types of situtations while at your last company. Have details ready and be comfortable.   Answer Question
    Being a part time teller, I didn't try to negotiate. They offered more than I expected to start with at $11.50 an hour.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

I completed an application & an online assessment, shortly afterwards I set up a time for a group interview. We were all asked 3 questions, 1) our work history, 2) give an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer, & 3) how did you contribute to a sales goal. Afterwards, we were able to ask questions. She said we would get an email if we did not get the position, I didn't get an email, but I also didn't get a phone call for a second interview until about a month later! Now I have the 2nd interview with a branch & service manager this week.

Interview Questions
    • How did you contribute to a sales goal. (I've never really worked in sales.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

I applied part time teller position online. After 3 days, I received email to schedule a group interview. I went to group interview, total has 9 people in the group. Interviewer introduced wells fargo teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? What is your favorite dessert? )Group Interview lasted 1 hour. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger and manager assistant. Two of them interview me, asked few questions((introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? Tell us how do you learn a new thing? What's your cash handling experience? How many language you can speak? How did you achieve your sales quota in previous job? )

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Group interview-branch manager interview- district manager interview
    Group interview: you went to a room with other ten people. Answering questions one by one. You need catch attention by answer you question. The best way to do is go to talk with the interviewer after the interview.
    how do you deal if you are short of balance
    what is your disadvantage
    why do you want to work here

Interview Questions
    called me the offer in one week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

I was initially interviewed by phone by a very nice woman. She asked simple questions about my previous work experience as outlined on my resume, and then said she would forward my responses to a hiring manager. The hiring manager gave me a call within the week, and we set up an in-person interview. I was the first person interviewed and it went on for a lengthy 2 hours. The manager said that a Wells Fargo representative would call me in a few days whether or not I was hired, but after I waited a week and a half I had to call the branch personally to find out that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you resolved a dispute with an upset customer.   View Answer