Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.7

190 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

First interview is a group type, with 4-7 candidates, and you get ask three questions, see a video, and learn about the company. If selected you get a call back for the second interview that consist of all the managers and district managers and it is set into three interview sections. First role play, two: group interview, three: 3 1 on 1.. The process is very lengthy and it can get draining but continue to smile and stay focus, because it can get tough. After you wait for the call.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

Stress sales experience and customer service situations. Once you are able to get in with the company, there are multiple different areas to move. Don't worry about talking highly of yourself, they eat it up

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had a conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I attended a group interview about two months ago in the Inland Empire area. The recruiter is very professional and extremely personable. She explains thoroughly the role of a [personal banker and is up front with the expectations.Although it is a group interview, it is very relaxed and more than it being a competition, the recruiter wants to get to know everyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Be sure to know why you want to work there and have a customer service/ sales experience.   Answer Question

I got a call back from another job before this.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

applied online and heard after 3 weeks by a recruiter who forwarded me to a branch.Interviewed at branch by branch manager and her assistant who asked typical STAR format but sales focused questions.Short interview and they noted everything I said.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

There was a phone interview. Then there was a group interview. Then a presentation Interview. Quite the process. I was hired approximately eight weeks after applying.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical interview questions. No surprises.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Very Long interview process. Eliminates the weeds right from the beginning. Then moves on to the district manager and finally the branch manager where they assume you will work.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions. Mostly about what you can provide for them   Answer Question
    No Negotiation (at least for me)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Applied online, completed assessment the same day, scheduled interview for location. It was a group interview. Pretty laid back and HR rep was helpful. She spoke of the position duties, next steps, asked a few questions that all interviewers had to answer, and this lasted 2 hours. Same day received email to interview with store managers. Interviewed with store managers (two) a week later. Bring resume, dress professionally, cover any and all visible tats. Was asked questions in STAR format that pertained to customer service, sales skills, and mentoring ability. The interviewers were nice but didn't seem really interested in the answers to the questions they were asking. Interview last 1 hour. Received email two days later that another candidate was selected but that I would get scheduled for another interview at another store within 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Two situations where you went over and above for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

I attended the interview with WF Branch Manager, after I had successfully the group interview with the Recruiter (a week ago) and passed the on-line screen quiz about 5 days before that. I would say that the manager performed the interview with high professionalism going through a formal quiz form with me.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any unexpected or difficult questions. I just had the impression that he didn't read previously my Resume, as he was confused about my former Bank employer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Group Interview with Carol Partido as the interviewer and several candidates. Each interviewer answered questions by round table interaction. Watched a video and what to expect as a Personal banker and how there relationship with customers are essential as well as teamwork expectations.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Several levels of screening. Much of the communication was via email. Very specific screening questions, it is clear they are looking for a certain type of individual to work in their banks. Sales background is clearly a plus with this company. In every position, there are some sort of sales goals to be attained. Very professional environment, dress to impress. Afterall, your dealing with a persons finances, they need to have confidence in you.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!