Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions & Reviews

186 interviews

2.7

186 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Generally a phone interview or group interview with a recruiter. Information is then sent to a store manager to schedule an interview if you pass. If you don't get a call about a week after your initial interview you don't move forward. Manager will call for interview, it will be mostly behavioral questions so that you can tell stories.

Interview Questions
  • -Why wells fargo and the banking industry
    -Recent job experience and how it applies well
    -Most significant sales accomplishment
    -Handing difficult customers
    -How you provide excellent service
    -Time management and organization
    -Coaching / Feedback experience
    -Time you came up with a better process
    -Time you disagreed with you manage or coworker, how it was handled
      Answer Question
Negotiation is rare unless you have great experience, but it won't be much.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2011.

First there's a phone interview scheduled. Secondly, if the phone interview goes well, there's a formal interview with the hiring manager. Finally, if that formal interview is a success you'll receive a phone call from a recruiter with and offer of employment.

None

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

questions are behavioral based. Questions are detailed and examples of successful contributions are asked. Providing awards from previous employment is also helpful. After group interview, candidate meets one on one with a store manager.

Interview Questions
    • providing examples of difficult situations and how you would handl them   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Several levels of screening. Much of the communication was via email. Very specific screening questions, it is clear they are looking for a certain type of individual to work in their banks. Sales background is clearly a plus with this company. In every position, there are some sort of sales goals to be attained. Very professional environment, dress to impress. Afterall, your dealing with a persons finances, they need to have confidence in you.

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

First step is an online assessment. Then, HR will contact you. This is a phone interview. Next step is a group interview. Finally, an interview with a top manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an unethical situation at workplace from your personal experience?   Answer Question

I get another offer.

Personal Banker I Interview

Stress sales experience and customer service situations. Once you are able to get in with the company, there are multiple different areas to move. Don't worry about talking highly of yourself, they eat it up

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had a conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

phone screening then 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screen is to verify if you are worth their time. First round is in a group setting and you show why you are a better choice then the other people in the room. Second interview in with a assistant manager or manager and the last interview is with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic stuff, all they care about is can you sell.   Answer Question
    Took what was offered as it was better then what i had going on at the time.

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I attended a group interview about two months ago in the Inland Empire area. The recruiter is very professional and extremely personable. She explains thoroughly the role of a [personal banker and is up front with the expectations.Although it is a group interview, it is very relaxed and more than it being a competition, the recruiter wants to get to know everyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Be sure to know why you want to work there and have a customer service/ sales experience.   Answer Question

I got a call back from another job before this.

Personal Banker I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

applied online and heard after 3 weeks by a recruiter who forwarded me to a branch.Interviewed at branch by branch manager and her assistant who asked typical STAR format but sales focused questions.Short interview and they noted everything I said.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Group Interview with Carol Partido as the interviewer and several candidates. Each interviewer answered questions by round table interaction. Watched a video and what to expect as a Personal banker and how there relationship with customers are essential as well as teamwork expectations.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!