Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
184 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Interview Details – questions are behavioral based. Questions are detailed and examples of successful contributions are asked. Providing awards from previous employment is also helpful. After group interview, candidate meets one on one with a store manager.

Interview Question – providing examples of difficult situations and how you would handl them   Answer Question

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – Several levels of screening. Much of the communication was via email. Very specific screening questions, it is clear they are looking for a certain type of individual to work in their banks. Sales background is clearly a plus with this company. In every position, there are some sort of sales goals to be attained. Very professional environment, dress to impress. Afterall, your dealing with a persons finances, they need to have confidence in you.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – First step is an online assessment. Then, HR will contact you. This is a phone interview. Next step is a group interview. Finally, an interview with a top manager.

Interview Question – Describe an unethical situation at workplace from your personal experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I get another offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Stress sales experience and customer service situations. Once you are able to get in with the company, there are multiple different areas to move. Don't worry about talking highly of yourself, they eat it up

Interview Question – Name a time that you had a conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Interview Details – phone screening then 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screen is to verify if you are worth their time. First round is in a group setting and you show why you are a better choice then the other people in the room. Second interview in with a assistant manager or manager and the last interview is with the district manager.

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff, all they care about is can you sell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took what was offered as it was better then what i had going on at the time.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I attended a group interview about two months ago in the Inland Empire area. The recruiter is very professional and extremely personable. She explains thoroughly the role of a [personal banker and is up front with the expectations.Although it is a group interview, it is very relaxed and more than it being a competition, the recruiter wants to get to know everyone.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Be sure to know why you want to work there and have a customer service/ sales experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a call back from another job before this.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – applied online and heard after 3 weeks by a recruiter who forwarded me to a branch.Interviewed at branch by branch manager and her assistant who asked typical STAR format but sales focused questions.Short interview and they noted everything I said.

Interview Question – Typical behavior questions and focus on sales   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – Group Interview with Carol Partido as the interviewer and several candidates. Each interviewer answered questions by round table interaction. Watched a video and what to expect as a Personal banker and how there relationship with customers are essential as well as teamwork expectations.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview. Then there was a group interview. Then a presentation Interview. Quite the process. I was hired approximately eight weeks after applying.

Interview Question – The questions were typical interview questions. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Very Long interview process. Eliminates the weeds right from the beginning. Then moves on to the district manager and finally the branch manager where they assume you will work.

Interview Question – Easy questions. Mostly about what you can provide for them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation (at least for me)

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!