Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

First interview is a group type, with 4-7 candidates, and you get ask three questions, see a video, and learn about the company. If selected you get a call back for the second interview that consist of all the managers and district managers and it is set into three interview sections. First role play, two: group interview, three: 3 1 on 1.. The process is very lengthy and it can get draining but continue to smile and stay focus, because it can get tough. After you wait for the call.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Group Interview with 3-4 managers present. Very easy and straight forward. Seemed to be a lot of low-level retail employees in the group. Use the STAR format. Have a "point" in what you say. Actually answer the question and don't dance around it. Those who didn't have answers didn't get hired. They seemed to also prefer those with strong sales backgrounds.

no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

They will ask you about your customer service experience. Previous banking experience is not needed. This is a sales position. If you have common sense, sales experience, and are professional - its an easy job to obtain. However, once you get the job be ready for a reality check because it not what HR explains it to be in reality, especially if your branch manager is weak. Make sure to ask for a strong manager and meet them prior to accepting to be placed at that branch.

NONE

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Generally a phone interview or group interview with a recruiter. Information is then sent to a store manager to schedule an interview if you pass. If you don't get a call about a week after your initial interview you don't move forward. Manager will call for interview, it will be mostly behavioral questions so that you can tell stories.

Interview Questions
    • -Why wells fargo and the banking industry
      -Recent job experience and how it applies well
      -Most significant sales accomplishment
      -Handing difficult customers
      -How you provide excellent service
      -Time management and organization
      -Coaching / Feedback experience
      -Time you came up with a better process
      -Time you disagreed with you manage or coworker, how it was handled
        Answer Question
    Negotiation is rare unless you have great experience, but it won't be much.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2011.

First there's a phone interview scheduled. Secondly, if the phone interview goes well, there's a formal interview with the hiring manager. Finally, if that formal interview is a success you'll receive a phone call from a recruiter with and offer of employment.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

First step is an online assessment. Then, HR will contact you. This is a phone interview. Next step is a group interview. Finally, an interview with a top manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an unethical situation at workplace from your personal experience?   Answer Question

I get another offer.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

questions are behavioral based. Questions are detailed and examples of successful contributions are asked. Providing awards from previous employment is also helpful. After group interview, candidate meets one on one with a store manager.

Interview Questions
    • providing examples of difficult situations and how you would handl them   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Several levels of screening. Much of the communication was via email. Very specific screening questions, it is clear they are looking for a certain type of individual to work in their banks. Sales background is clearly a plus with this company. In every position, there are some sort of sales goals to be attained. Very professional environment, dress to impress. Afterall, your dealing with a persons finances, they need to have confidence in you.

Personal Banker I Interview

Stress sales experience and customer service situations. Once you are able to get in with the company, there are multiple different areas to move. Don't worry about talking highly of yourself, they eat it up

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had a conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

phone screening then 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screen is to verify if you are worth their time. First round is in a group setting and you show why you are a better choice then the other people in the room. Second interview in with a assistant manager or manager and the last interview is with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic stuff, all they care about is can you sell.   Answer Question
    Took what was offered as it was better then what i had going on at the time.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!