Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
180 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Interview Details – phone screening then 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screen is to verify if you are worth their time. First round is in a group setting and you show why you are a better choice then the other people in the room. Second interview in with a assistant manager or manager and the last interview is with the district manager.

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff, all they care about is can you sell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took what was offered as it was better then what i had going on at the time.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I attended a group interview about two months ago in the Inland Empire area. The recruiter is very professional and extremely personable. She explains thoroughly the role of a [personal banker and is up front with the expectations.Although it is a group interview, it is very relaxed and more than it being a competition, the recruiter wants to get to know everyone.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Be sure to know why you want to work there and have a customer service/ sales experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a call back from another job before this.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – applied online and heard after 3 weeks by a recruiter who forwarded me to a branch.Interviewed at branch by branch manager and her assistant who asked typical STAR format but sales focused questions.Short interview and they noted everything I said.

Interview Question – Typical behavior questions and focus on sales   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – Group Interview with Carol Partido as the interviewer and several candidates. Each interviewer answered questions by round table interaction. Watched a video and what to expect as a Personal banker and how there relationship with customers are essential as well as teamwork expectations.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview. Then there was a group interview. Then a presentation Interview. Quite the process. I was hired approximately eight weeks after applying.

Interview Question – The questions were typical interview questions. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Very Long interview process. Eliminates the weeds right from the beginning. Then moves on to the district manager and finally the branch manager where they assume you will work.

Interview Question – Easy questions. Mostly about what you can provide for them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation (at least for me)

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in Person at the store after the online application was reviewed and selected by the recruiter. The manager was cordial and the interview lasted for an hour. It was mostly focused on sales skills and career goals.After the interview, the manager showed the store and introduced to some bankers in the store.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult as most were related to sales questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It is all fixed

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – They contacted me around two weeks after i submitted my application by phone. They asked me to set up a time to have an over the phone interview. Then they called me had an interview for about one hour. I answered questions regarding experience all the way to salary that i wanted.

Interview Question – How much pay are you requesting.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – I attended the interview with WF Branch Manager, after I had successfully the group interview with the Recruiter (a week ago) and passed the on-line screen quiz about 5 days before that. I would say that the manager performed the interview with high professionalism going through a formal quiz form with me.

Interview Question – There wasn't any unexpected or difficult questions. I just had the impression that he didn't read previously my Resume, as he was confused about my former Bank employer.   View Answer

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, completed assessment the same day, scheduled interview for location. It was a group interview. Pretty laid back and HR rep was helpful. She spoke of the position duties, next steps, asked a few questions that all interviewers had to answer, and this lasted 2 hours. Same day received email to interview with store managers. Interviewed with store managers (two) a week later. Bring resume, dress professionally, cover any and all visible tats. Was asked questions in STAR format that pertained to customer service, sales skills, and mentoring ability. The interviewers were nice but didn't seem really interested in the answers to the questions they were asking. Interview last 1 hour. Received email two days later that another candidate was selected but that I would get scheduled for another interview at another store within 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Two situations where you went over and above for a customer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Personal Banker I interview questions and advice. All 180 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.