Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.7

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Apllied online which led to a very straight forward phone interview. Softball questions just designed to get you to talk about your background. They then set me up for a group interview. I thought this was a bit nerve wracking since they asked questions and went around the room with everyone answering the question one by one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview one day later. Met with my immediate supervisor within a week and was hired several days later. Took online personality and skills test. Fairly quick process

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

must complete and pass the assessment online through the career website, not too difficult.
    the a phone interview for about 30min. basic interview questions, just try to sound confident.
    then a face-to-face interview with branch manager, this will dig more deeper into your sales background and experience. make sure to mention your customer service experience, wells fargo cares strongly about excellent customer service. so include that in your interview even if they did not ask.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview; things were going well up until I said I didn't much like cold-calling, I felt the negative feeling in her voice, so I quickly followed it up stating how it would be best to pipe-line future sales and that I planned on joining the chamber of Commerce etc to build up clientele. I guess the phone interview went well, because 4 days later I received a call to set up an in-person interview. A few days later I was on sight for my face-to-face interview with both the floor manager and the bank manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your thee biggest accomplishments, Why Wells Fargo, what do you know about the positions, when did you have to meet sales goals, and how did you do it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. One other person interviewed with me. The district manager sat in during the interview and the interview took the form of a presentation /Q&A. We were drilled a couple times on the answers we provided, prompted to go into further detail regarding the specifics of our experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Conroe, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Filled out a questionnaire, and had a phone interview within a few days. After that, they scheduled a face to face interview. The manager was 20 minutes late due to a conference call. She was training someone on the interview process, so he asked me questions from a list. It was the most painful interview in my entire life. They didn't like my answers, so they kept asking me for to more examples. Sorry guys, but I'm not begging for a $32K a year job plus commissions which I read that they will do whatever to not pay your commissions. I'm so glad I didn't get this job after reading that it was the worst personal banking company to work for. Plus, you have to stay late because the bankers can't meet their quotas, so get ready to cold call an extra hour on Thursday nights. My interviewer was supposedly promoted quickly for his customer service, but after he couldn't comprehend simple English answers for why I wanted to work there, I really start to wonder. His "customer service" included getting me a bottle of water and opening my door on the way out. From what I saw, neither he, nor the general manager had a sense of humor, or would even crack a smile, but they kept lecturing me about how important customer service is.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of your best customer service.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a personal banker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Davie, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email for an interview, when I got there I realized that it was a group interview. Really easy interview, the staff told us that is we were not selected we were going to be receiving an email in the following 5 days, otherwise you still are in the process.. It has been over a month and I never received a rejection email but I never received any call either. A friend that went through the process before getting hired told me that they take a longgggg time to call you after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The Interview was a long one, around 2 hour and a half. it was a group interview then you don't get that much stress because there are other candidate as well as u, so you have time to think about it before you answer to them.The interviewer was so nice and friendly. The interview process was very good itself.Very pro and good environment.

Interview Questions

• what is The biggest accomplishment in your life and describe it how it effect your personal and professional life?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Interview

I applied through their website, was asked to pick a best time to go through phone interview. Phone interview was not straight forward, recruiter said she will call back. After a week she called back to schedule me for an interview. Branch was too far.

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Really easy, if they like you. You'r in! You'll start within a week. They are looking for people who have a sales experience background. The interview is all about selling yourself and why you would be great for the position and why choose you over someone else. I pretty much nailed mine and got a call back within 2 hrs of interviewing. They will judge you on your looks too, so make sure you look presentable. NO BAGGY CLOTHES, NO TATTOOS, NO EAR RINGS (For guys), and ABSOLUTELY NO WRINKLED CLOTHING. ALWAYS WEAR A TIE to your interview. If you want the job, you have to look the part.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something? What makes you different?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You have to let them know why your perfect for the position. Their testing you sales skills when you do this! Make sure your prepared to present yourself.