Wells Fargo

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

195 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

It was very short and routine. They want to know how well you can sell. Almost every question is about your sales experience and numbers. I did not feel like they cared at all about who I was.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

The only way to get into this company is making it past the group interview. If you aren't confident in yourself around another people you'd find the group interview very difficult. I'd suggest talking as much about yourself when you are given the opportunity to. There are anywhere from 2-13 people in the panel along with yourself...

Personal Banker I Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Great interview! The HR Rep and I discussed my experience, the company's culture, their expectations and we agreed that the position was a great fit for me! I would highly recommend researching opportunities within Wells Fargo.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an upset customer that had a loyal reputation with your company but was in a situation that was unlike anything they had ever experienced before?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay and was extremely happy with my results.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Be careful. You'll be so excited about the job/promotion that they'll lowball you on salary If you are offered the job pleaase hold your ground on your salary requirement. It's a crying shame what they'll offer up front and then claim there's no way to increase it more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

First I completed the online application which lead to a questionnaire with basic personality questions. After completion I received a email saying I was selected for a group interview. It was 5 applicants at the group interview and it was basically focused on sales experience questions. I received a follow up call from HR requesting an interview with a District Manager. The interview was at 1:30p since it was in the city I got their early to find a park. I was in the branch at 1:10p talking with some of the employees there until 1:45p because he never showed. When he finally called he said he was sick. We rescheduled for Saturday at 12 noon and still he was late. The interview was sales related just like the group interview but with SMART questions. The next week I received another interview with a branch manager which went well even though it started late also. She said she liked me and wanted to move forward. After waiting 2 1/2 weeks HR called to say the position had been cancelled and I can reapply in January. Luckily for me I had another offer with another bank. Very unorganized and unprofessional group of people except for the last manager.

Interview Questions
    • None just be ready to sell them on your sales experience.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

First interview is a group type, with 4-7 candidates, and you get ask three questions, see a video, and learn about the company. If selected you get a call back for the second interview that consist of all the managers and district managers and it is set into three interview sections. First role play, two: group interview, three: 3 1 on 1.. The process is very lengthy and it can get draining but continue to smile and stay focus, because it can get tough. After you wait for the call.

Personal Banker I Interview

Stress sales experience and customer service situations. Once you are able to get in with the company, there are multiple different areas to move. Don't worry about talking highly of yourself, they eat it up

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had a conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I attended a group interview about two months ago in the Inland Empire area. The recruiter is very professional and extremely personable. She explains thoroughly the role of a [personal banker and is up front with the expectations.Although it is a group interview, it is very relaxed and more than it being a competition, the recruiter wants to get to know everyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Be sure to know why you want to work there and have a customer service/ sales experience.   Answer Question

I got a call back from another job before this.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

applied online and heard after 3 weeks by a recruiter who forwarded me to a branch.Interviewed at branch by branch manager and her assistant who asked typical STAR format but sales focused questions.Short interview and they noted everything I said.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

There was a phone interview. Then there was a group interview. Then a presentation Interview. Quite the process. I was hired approximately eight weeks after applying.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical interview questions. No surprises.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.