Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with Carol Partido as the interviewer and several candidates. Each interviewer answered questions by round table interaction. Watched a video and what to expect as a Personal banker and how there relationship with customers are essential as well as teamwork expectations.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview

Several levels of screening. Much of the communication was via email. Very specific screening questions, it is clear they are looking for a certain type of individual to work in their banks. Sales background is clearly a plus with this company. In every position, there are some sort of sales goals to be attained. Very professional environment, dress to impress. Afterall, your dealing with a persons finances, they need to have confidence in you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Augusta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, completed assessment the same day, scheduled interview for location. It was a group interview. Pretty laid back and HR rep was helpful. She spoke of the position duties, next steps, asked a few questions that all interviewers had to answer, and this lasted 2 hours. Same day received email to interview with store managers. Interviewed with store managers (two) a week later. Bring resume, dress professionally, cover any and all visible tats. Was asked questions in STAR format that pertained to customer service, sales skills, and mentoring ability. The interviewers were nice but didn't seem really interested in the answers to the questions they were asking. Interview last 1 hour. Received email two days later that another candidate was selected but that I would get scheduled for another interview at another store within 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Two situations where you went over and above for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Sacramento, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I attended the interview with WF Branch Manager, after I had successfully the group interview with the Recruiter (a week ago) and passed the on-line screen quiz about 5 days before that. I would say that the manager performed the interview with high professionalism going through a formal quiz form with me.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any unexpected or difficult questions. I just had the impression that he didn't read previously my Resume, as he was confused about my former Bank employer.   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Interview

The first interview was over the phone from a call center, then after I had passed that interview I was contacted by the regional hiring department to schedule a group interview. The group interview was very relaxed, the interviewer called on specific people to answer specific questions, its not a competition, more than likely everyone being interviewed that meets the qualifications will be hired. I did notice there were 1 or 2 people in the interview who may not have had enough experience for the position which was made clear when they spent to much time explaining themselves. The questions were primarily about sales and customer service, "tell me about your most memorable sale" "tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service" etc. After the group interview I was contacted by one of the managers of the branches I had applied to( I had applied to multiple branches around the area) to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by two branch managers at the same time for different locations, I basically explained my past experience and then they explained the job to me and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• the interview with the branch manager is the most in depth, be prepared to explain to them your personal strategies for generating business. I would ask what their current strategies are for generating business and whats working and whats not, then explain how you can help.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Interview

About a month long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

First you have a group interview, then you have a one on one. Some employees interview with the DM first, then a store manager or vice versa. Everything is pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to help a customer...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Petaluma, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty by the book. The manager was experienced so it was a professional interview but it was very scripted, something I would later learn is a part of the culture there. Tellers have scripts, bankers have scripts, it's endless. It's hard to be yourself when you're being told what to say. The manager read from a list of questions that were really generic and very "corporate" but she was very personable and I got the feeling she wanted to talk more but that wasn't in the script.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped resolve an issue for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (El Monte, CA).

Interview

For me it was quick on the interviewing process but at most I had to wait 3 weeks from the first to the final interview. You found out next day if you made it or not.

Interview Questions

• They had a role playing part in none interview where you chose to be a sales man for furniture, cell phones, or some other thing. I chose the furniture a I used to sell patio furniture as a kid.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but found out I could have. I was young and naive to negotiation at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to a group interview the next day. Had group interview a few days later (3 applicants in my group). Received a phone call from recruiter before I even got home from the banking center, inviting me back for a panel interview the following week. Panel interview was 9 applicants, with 4 Branch Managers conducting the interview. Again I received a call back with an offer the same day. For the interview: Know why you want to work for the company, and give specific examples of why you would be a good fit. Focus on sales experience, and give examples of times you've gone above and beyond for a customer or a time you turned a negative experience into a positive. Quick role play at the end. They give you a card of bullet points to cover. Be personable and make the conversation natural and your own, instead of just reading off the card. The easiest way to sell yourself is to just be outgoing and non-mechanic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo? Why would you be a good fit, based on your sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer will vary depending on location and experience. I was offered 40k and accepted.