Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
180 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker I

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. Filled out app online at the end of app was selected to complete an assessment. Then after the assessment was asked to select a time and day for group interview. About 10 people at group interview. 2 Days later was asked to come in for an interview with Branch manager.

Interview Question – What would your last supervisor say about you as a team player.   Answer Question

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was told I would be hired on as an Assistant Store Manager. They did not give this to me in writing. OW. I started out with a phone interview, then was moved on to a group interview.

Interview Question – Pick any item and give us a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation but I would suggest asking.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2009.

Interview Details – took 4 hours and they called me back 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate one bit.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and this is when the interviewing process begins. Their system determines whether you move forward or not. Made it to the "Cattle" interview. Cattle interviews are the best if your newbie, no experience. All you have to do is be up-beat. But, can be the worst if you have experience.

At the Cattle interview there are a series of questions or topics to discuss:
1. Why Wells Fargo?
2. An over view of your personal work history in a sales environment.
3. What are your strengths and skills that you bring to the position?
4. How does the position align with your career goals?

2nd phase of discuss topics:
1. Discuss a case in which you went out of your way for your customer. How did you exceed the expected customer service?
- and what motivated you to deliver such customer service?

Good Luck!

Interview Question – 2. Sales: regarding sales, discuss an example in which you had a goal to accomplish a certain level of sales. What was the goal? What where the challenges? How did you over come the challenges? What was achieved? What did you learn about yourself?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application
Phone Interview
Interview with recruiter
Interview with District Manager
Interview with Store Manager

Interview Question – your weaknesses and how you will overcome them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No but tell them you have another offer for a higher amount and stand your ground

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my online application for a personal banker position three days later was invited to due a group interview. This interview consisted of me and another person where we watched a 10 minute video. After the video the HR lady came in and talked about the company. She then asked questions like why Wellsfargo and questions about past work experience.

Interview Question – Typical interview, nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Personal Banker I

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview process expected to cut everyone down around you not productive and definitely doesn't build morale

Interview Question – If you saw someone stealing would u report it no one would say no so stupid question fits better   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well I was told become a banker or they wouldn't need me any longer what a joke

Personal Banker I

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details – -online application and screening
-phone interview one week after applying. It was supposed to be a group interview but was canceled due to bad and unpredictable weather. Only lasted about 15 minutes.
***Still waiting to see if I will move ahead in the hiring process.
-They tell you what the pay is. You either except it or you don't

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary: Describe your greatest achievements, how you met sales goals, how often do/did you interact with people, etc...   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2009.

Interview Details – very detailed interview, but they hire who they want based on referral. If you weren't referred by a current employee they probably won't hire you

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Phone, then with a branch manager (doesn't have to be the branch you applied for or end up going to) then your district manager. Pretty basic questions, describe customer service, name a scenerio where you had to fix a situation.

Interview Question – Give us an example of outstanding sales/customer service experience? Did you get any rewards? Did you get any referrals as a result of the superior customer service?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo