Wells Fargo

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

this was a promotion I applied for coming from the lead teller position. the process was fast, simple, and reassuring. I applied for the position online and had tons of support from my manager. I had a lot of help preparing for the interview with the store manager and the district manager. nothing too out of the ordinary with the interview. just what you'd expect.

Interview Questions
  • it's a very slow week.. list the ways you will reach your goal if the bank doesn't have customer traffic.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

You will go through a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview you will go through 3 more interviews

Interview Questions
    • What are your career plans with Wells Fargo   View Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

The interview went well. Started with a phone interview and proceeded to a group interview. I was told that I would be contacted by a store to move forward. I interviewed at the Pleasant Hill branch and the manager was super preoccupied. She didn't even look at me the whole interview no matter how hard I tried to engage her. I was called about a week later and told the manager decided to promote from within. They contacted me to continue to set up interview over the next few months but I lost interest in the position. Overall good process. Just wish it wasn't so cookie cutter. The recruiters try to keep their quotas full so they call you often which makes you think the branches are hiring but they are actually not. If you have some time and patience to wait this could be a good fit. I ended up finding other employment while waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Very corporate interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

Initial interview by phone - basic questions. Invited to group interview of 4 people. Asked questions like give a personal example of exemplary customer service. Describe a competitive situation you were in and how you came out on top.

Interview Questions
    • Invited to another personal interview with 20 other candidates. Had to give a presentation on bank offerings to 3 bank managers in front of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Pay was really low and they would not negotiate even though I had verified experience and excellent track record in achieving results.

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Pretty straightforward. Filled out app online at the end of app was selected to complete an assessment. Then after the assessment was asked to select a time and day for group interview. About 10 people at group interview. 2 Days later was asked to come in for an interview with Branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last supervisor say about you as a team player.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Begins with an online application and resume upload. If you make the initial pass, an HR Recruiter contacts you to schedule a phone interview. The interview consists on sales quantity/type questions (e.g. how many cold calls/day, how many closed sales/week or month, average sales amount) as well as behavioral questions (e.g. describe a situation in which you encountered conflict with a customer and how did you resolve it). When you pass this stage, you are invited to a group interview with 20-30 other candidates for the PB1 and Teller positions combined. You sell yourself on why you should be hired as a PB1 and discuss your background, experience, etc. When you pass this stage, you are invited to a panel interview with hiring SMs (Store Managers), all who ask you detailed questions relating to why they should hire you as a PB1 for their store (bank). The SMs interested in you will then contact you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wells Fargo is all about customer service, so pay attention to how behavioral questions are worded. They are looking for someone who has experienced negative customer interactions/conflicts to see how you handle these types of situations. You will run into difficult bank customers, even hostile ones, so being able to remain cool and smooth over the conflict and serve the customer as well as close the deal are critical. Think carefully before responding and be very specific. Another critical quesiton pertains to coaching as you will be expected to coach the Tellers to achieve more referrals and help each other make your daily quotas. Daily quotas are the center of this job and you will be critiqued after every customer interaction, closed or not, to learn what else you should have done to get more sales. All questions pertain to this core job function. so be prepared to answer accordingly. The questions/interview process itself is not difficult if you have the qualifications, but it is time consuming.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate the base salary only, which ranges from $32,000-$38,000 with less than one year experience. The payouts are unit/percentage based, therefore, not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Online Application and assessment, Phone Interview, Face to face group interview with HR, after passing those they call you for another group interview but this time with branch managers and district managers, consisting in customer interaction role play, the same day after that they send you to three individual interviews with three different managers.

Interview Questions
    • If the branch is completely dead, and has been for the last week, what would you do to drive business and meet your daily goal?   Answer Question
    35000$ a year, take it or leave it

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone, then with a branch manager (doesn't have to be the branch you applied for or end up going to) then your district manager. Pretty basic questions, describe customer service, name a scenerio where you had to fix a situation.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of outstanding sales/customer service experience? Did you get any rewards? Did you get any referrals as a result of the superior customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Applied online, and this is when the interviewing process begins. Their system determines whether you move forward or not. Made it to the "Cattle" interview. Cattle interviews are the best if your newbie, no experience. All you have to do is be up-beat. But, can be the worst if you have experience.

At the Cattle interview there are a series of questions or topics to discuss:
    1. Why Wells Fargo?
    2. An over view of your personal work history in a sales environment.
    3. What are your strengths and skills that you bring to the position?
    4. How does the position align with your career goals?

2nd phase of discuss topics:
    1. Discuss a case in which you went out of your way for your customer. How did you exceed the expected customer service?
    - and what motivated you to deliver such customer service?

Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • 2. Sales: regarding sales, discuss an example in which you had a goal to accomplish a certain level of sales. What was the goal? What where the challenges? How did you over come the challenges? What was achieved? What did you learn about yourself?   View Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

-online application and screening
    -phone interview one week after applying. It was supposed to be a group interview but was canceled due to bad and unpredictable weather. Only lasted about 15 minutes.
    ***Still waiting to see if I will move ahead in the hiring process.
    -They tell you what the pay is. You either except it or you don't

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary: Describe your greatest achievements, how you met sales goals, how often do/did you interact with people, etc...   Answer Question