Wells Fargo

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details – Met with 3 other candidates 30 miles away from my home in a meet and greet setting. The HR Rep stated that I would be recommended to move forward. I had to call them back weeks later. Had a group interview where age was a factor

Interview Question – I was asked how my age would be a problem in keeping up with the systems and processes   View Answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy. Group setting, team exercises. If you are even slightly motivated you can shine as a group leader to get the exercise done. If you can take the pre exam for the series 7, this will work in your favor if you do well.

Negotiation Details – phone call with Store Manager

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – You fill out an online application with a background screening test. A recruiter calls you almost immediately and does a general interview about your background and why apply at Wells Fargo. If you pass that, you go on a group interview. If that's successful, you will then be sent for an interview with a branch manager. Good luck!

Interview Question – All you neeed to remember is that it's ALWAYS about the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much of a negotiation.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Personal Banker II (registered) position online, about a week later I received a call to set up a time for a phone interview, which was completed with a recruiter the next day. She asked 1 or 2 very basic questions along with just sharing with her some of my past work experience and why I was looking for a new job and why Wells Fargo. The phone interview took approx. 20-30 min. and then she informed me that she would submit the information and someone may reach out to me in the next 1-4 weeks. ( I wasn't thrilled with this non-descript time frame.)

About a week later I received a phone call to set up a 1:1 interview with a regional vice president. Had a good conversation, then she pulled out a set of interview questions that are standard for Wells Fargo. She explained how Wells Fargo described each different quality then asked a question and asked me to explain a experience using the STAR (situation/task, action taken and results) method. 5 days after the 1:1 interview I received a phone call with a unofficial position offer, assuming that my background checks came back clean.

Interview Questions

• They actually send you example questions to be asked: Tell me the last time you had to handle a customer complaint   View Answer
  • Share a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They shared the starting salaries of my position and other positions similar to mine, then made me an offer that was well above the starting salaries do to my previous experience and licenses. Actually was able to get $2k more then original offer thanks to the Regional VP I was interviewed by.

Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was with two district managers. The questions were all behavioral. They have about 8-12 questions they ask about how you handled certain situations or tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They come in about 5k under what ever you say that you would need. Not very flexible.

Personal Banker II

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on a Sunday and was called the following tuesday by the recruiter. I was emailed a 2 page document to complete regarding my experience and ask to provide 2 examples of my best sale, and one that I was most proud of. I completed and sent that back to th recruiter the same afternoon. Within a hour of doing that I was contacted to set up a group interview with another recruiter a day later. I went down to the main building and myself and 2 others met the recruiter who basically explained the position and showed us a brief video of the job and what was to be expected. She talked about the merger of Wachovia and took us for a short tour of the training area and that was it. This lasted for about an hour, and we were told they would contact us if we were considered for the position.

About 2 hours later I received a call to meet with the district and branch manager for another interview a day later.

At this interview a STAR questionaire format was used to ask me questions. "STAR" stands for Situation, Task, Action and Result. I had to provide examples of my sales experience with customers using that format.

Now I am waiting for an answer.

Personal Banker II

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy.I applied on line.Then a phone interview.Then a group interview approx 20 people.Then a 1 on 1 interview and an offer of employment that day.The total process was about 10 days.Everyone was very friendly and professional.I was very happy until I started at the branch with the manager I worked with.Very unethical.It was a sales or banking sweat shop!

Interview Question – Are you competitive?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!