Wells Fargo Personal Banker II Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker II Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online and within 2 day got a response for a phone interview with the recruiter. Very basic questions( past baking experience, goal, results and why you were looking for a change). Next step was meeting with this branch manger. I met with the manger about 1 week later. I showed up 10 minutes early only to wait about 40 minutes in the lobby ( no big deal) however the manger must have walked by me 10 plus times and never introduced themselves( no big deal again).
In was finally brought in for the interview with the manage and district manger.
Interview was about 2 hours long. Questions were perry straight forward( what would you do, how would you handle this situation.) What I was not happy about is how they were asking me questions about the current financial institution I worked for. The questions were extremely unprofessional to ask during an interview and I was extremely uncomfortable. After leaving I was told they would be in touch.
I sent a email thanking both for the time and interview. About 3 weeks passed and I did not hear anything so I assumed I did not get the position. I placed a follow up email and call and still nothing. 5 week later I the original recruiter called me saying I got the job but not the position I interview for. They explained a internal employee got it. I was ok and happy as I believe you should promote within. Overall I was not happy with the interview process and the unprofessional management.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a little about yourself starting with College.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Met with 3 other candidates 30 miles away from my home in a meet and greet setting. The HR Rep stated that I would be recommended to move forward. I had to call them back weeks later. Had a group interview where age was a factor

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how my age would be a problem in keeping up with the systems and processes   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Very easy. Group setting, team exercises. If you are even slightly motivated you can shine as a group leader to get the exercise done. If you can take the pre exam for the series 7, this will work in your favor if you do well.

phone call with Store Manager

Personal Banker II Interview

You fill out an online application with a background screening test. A recruiter calls you almost immediately and does a general interview about your background and why apply at Wells Fargo. If you pass that, you go on a group interview. If that's successful, you will then be sent for an interview with a branch manager. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • All you neeed to remember is that it's ALWAYS about the customer.   Answer Question
    not much of a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

I applied online for the Personal Banker II (registered) position online, about a week later I received a call to set up a time for a phone interview, which was completed with a recruiter the next day. She asked 1 or 2 very basic questions along with just sharing with her some of my past work experience and why I was looking for a new job and why Wells Fargo. The phone interview took approx. 20-30 min. and then she informed me that she would submit the information and someone may reach out to me in the next 1-4 weeks. ( I wasn't thrilled with this non-descript time frame.)

About a week later I received a phone call to set up a 1:1 interview with a regional vice president. Had a good conversation, then she pulled out a set of interview questions that are standard for Wells Fargo. She explained how Wells Fargo described each different quality then asked a question and asked me to explain a experience using the STAR (situation/task, action taken and results) method. 5 days after the 1:1 interview I received a phone call with a unofficial position offer, assuming that my background checks came back clean.

Interview Questions
    • They actually send you example questions to be asked: Tell me the last time you had to handle a customer complaint   View Answer
    • Share a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question
    They shared the starting salaries of my position and other positions similar to mine, then made me an offer that was well above the starting salaries do to my previous experience and licenses. Actually was able to get $2k more then original offer thanks to the Regional VP I was interviewed by.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

The interview was with two district managers. The questions were all behavioral. They have about 8-12 questions they ask about how you handled certain situations or tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions
    They come in about 5k under what ever you say that you would need. Not very flexible.

Personal Banker II Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

I applied on a Sunday and was called the following tuesday by the recruiter. I was emailed a 2 page document to complete regarding my experience and ask to provide 2 examples of my best sale, and one that I was most proud of. I completed and sent that back to th recruiter the same afternoon. Within a hour of doing that I was contacted to set up a group interview with another recruiter a day later. I went down to the main building and myself and 2 others met the recruiter who basically explained the position and showed us a brief video of the job and what was to be expected. She talked about the merger of Wachovia and took us for a short tour of the training area and that was it. This lasted for about an hour, and we were told they would contact us if we were considered for the position.

About 2 hours later I received a call to meet with the district and branch manager for another interview a day later.

At this interview a STAR questionaire format was used to ask me questions. "STAR" stands for Situation, Task, Action and Result. I had to provide examples of my sales experience with customers using that format.

Now I am waiting for an answer.

Personal Banker II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2009.

The interview process was very easy.I applied on line.Then a phone interview.Then a group interview approx 20 people.Then a 1 on 1 interview and an offer of employment that day.The total process was about 10 days.Everyone was very friendly and professional.I was very happy until I started at the branch with the manager I worked with.Very unethical.It was a sales or banking sweat shop!

Interview Questions

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!