Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
189 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview with the recruiter which is pretty straight forward. Then, interviewed with a few different managers for different stores, the store you apply for is not necessarily going to be the store you work in. Hiring managers will discuss amongst each other which candidates they like.

Interview Question – Straight forward   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Applied online, 2 weeks later group interview was set, and then interview with the hiring manager, training program was about a month, and then hit the ground running at the branch stores

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied Online

Interview Question – Describe a previous sales quota   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Could not see myself representing the company

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy process, hiring manager called me, interviewed me over the phone, then I met the branch manager for an in person interview. I was offered the job two days later.

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Short, quick, and no intense at all. They hire knuckle heads and people unfit for the job all the time.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in five years."

They want you to say "manager at Wells" or whatever. But a career at the Wells can be stressful and short lived.
  Answer Question

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 part interview process. Phone, group then 1 on 1

Interview Question – Worst customer service experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Multipanel interview

Interview Question – Situational based questions on previous experiences   Answer Question

Tustin, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews in 1 day

Interview Question – Asked to sell a pen to a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a phone call from a recruiter a week after my interview and offered me the position

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process takes 1-2 months. I finally got an email back to rsvp to a group interview a month after I applied. I didn't get a phone interview though. It was a group interview where you have 2 hours to grab an interview with a manager and ALSO the district manager. You have to bring two copies of your resume and make sure it stands out if anything. They ask you questions about leadership, how you motivate a team, how you would meet a quota if you are behind, etc.

Interview Question – Be prepared for questions about reaching a quota and sales.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already received another job offer eariler

Escondido, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received call from regional recruiter. Very friendly. Interviewed in large group; maybe 15-20 people. Long interview process 2 hours, complete with company video, 3 pages of paperwork, question and answer time. During Q and A I began to realize recruiter was looking for aggressive sales minded individuals. Many of the candidates were young, inexperienced in banking and had a difficult time correlating how they could best perform sales in banking after having just come from 'sales' in the food industry. Recruiter interrupted a couple of individuals that lost direction in their answer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most recent sales accomplishment?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was only for 20 hours and the drive would take me about 35 minutes to get to the location I was offered. The dollars just wouldn't work out.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!