Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
189 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

South Gate, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1st I took an assesment online, 2nd I recieved an email stating to call recrutting dept, 3rd phone interview with a recruiter, 4 I was invited to a group interview, 5 I was invited to the final step which included 3 one on one branch manager interviews and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• what our some of the challenges of wells fargo?   Answer Question
  • tell me something you have done and that is against company policy, but that you still had to do it just to get the job done?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter who then asked me several questions relating to Customer Service scenarios and how I would deal with them. She then told me that I passed the first phase of the interview process and told me I should be hearing from a branch manager within 2 days. If I did not, I should call her back. Well, 2 days went by and didn't hear from a branch manager. I called the recruiter back and she then gave me a number of a branch manager to interview with. I had to leave several messages as the branch manager did not call me back. Two days later I tried calling again and this time was connected to him. He told me he was not hiring and that he would pass my information on to another branch manager. I also had a difficult time contacting the next branch manager. This, also, took a few days. I was finally able to meet with him and another employee. They liked my answers and forwarded my resume on to the District Manager. I had an interview set with him. I arrived early and waited a half hour when one of the tellers informed me that he had an emergency and would not be able to make the interview. Another interview was set up and I thought the interview went well.

I did not hear anything for a week and decided to contact the Branch Manager. Once again, I left several messages for him. He did not return my calls so I decided to email him and let him know that I was still interested in the position. He finally called back and told me that the District Manager does not like to hire Personal Bankers from the outside. He prefers to offer the position to inside staff. I would need to start off as a teller. I told him that would be wonderful. He told me he would get back to me and I never heard a word from him again.

I thought the whole process was confusing and a waste of my time.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone
Group
District Manager
Community Bank President

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Hard did not move at all

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my application I was contacted by several store managers to interview for the personal banker position. A second interview was conducted 1:1 with the district manager to fully assess my abilities and to gauge if the personal banker position was the right direction for me. Within a few days the HR representative contacted me to formally offer me the position.

Interview Question – Why don't you want to take another position in the company as opposed to the personal banker position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate which store I would work at and when I would start. Do not be afraid to ask for more compensation.

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Began with a phone screen and then I had a group interview (with other candidates and a panel of interviewers). Later I had another interview with 2 managers. After being hired and going through training for 4 weeks, I had to interview again with different managers. I felt the process was cumbersome and a bit repetitive. This was for what I would call and entry level position.

Interview Question – The most challenging thing that I had to do was to "sell" another candidate to the panel. I had just met her and had maybe a minute to interview her and then I had to present her to the panel.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said this is the offer--take it or leave it. No room for negotiation.

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details – First I took an online skills test. Next was a group interview. 25 people in one room. They only asked one question. Which I feel is not a very good way to actually get to know what a person can do.

Interview Question – What was your greatest sales achievement and what did you learn from it.   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

Interview Details – This job was stressful at times but it is a good job for new college graduates getting into the banking business. This job is almost entirely based upon sales quotas but customer service is a portion of your payout as well.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got call from recruiter who ask a few basic questions, then a panel interview is set with district manager and 2-3 branch managers, using the star process: situational questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you weren't meeting your sales goals and what you did to turn it around   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they are pretty firm on their offer

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

Interview Details – Go in there knowing about the branch you want to work at. Talk about anything and everything you have accomplished in SALES. Managers only care about personality and Sales.

Interview Question – What was a difficult obstacle and how did you accomplish it?
Its the end of the quarter and your behind on your numbers what are you going to do to accomplish your sales goals?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negatiation on starting salary

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email for screening the same day. The following day I got a call for the phone interview, very basic, customer service and sales questions. My group interview was set up for 5 days later. There were 5 people interviewing and 2 interviewers, one from HR and a branch manager. First they ask for an intro that includes your name, why you want to work for WF, how you think you can benefit WF and what your career goals are for the next 3-5 years. Then they ask about recent sales experience, how that could work for WF, what your sales goals have been and how/if you exceeded them, etc. Then there is a role playing where you pretend you are a banker and suggest ways to increase sales for the day.
Dress very professional, definitely a suit. Make lots of eye contact, ask a lot of questions, Try to stand out, volunteer to answer questions first. Definitely research the company and include specific WF information in your answers. My group interview was yesterday and I received a call today to set up the next interview with a branch manager. Any suggestions or information as to what to expect next?

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself including name, why you want to work for Wells Fargo, how your experience could help you in this position and career goals for the next 5 years.   Answer Question
  • Role playing where you are a banker at a morning meeting trying to generate sales for the day.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!