Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South Gate, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st I took an assesment online, 2nd I recieved an email stating to call recrutting dept, 3rd phone interview with a recruiter, 4 I was invited to a group interview, 5 I was invited to the final step which included 3 one on one branch manager interviews and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• what our some of the challenges of wells fargo?   Answer Question
  • tell me something you have done and that is against company policy, but that you still had to do it just to get the job done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who then asked me several questions relating to Customer Service scenarios and how I would deal with them. She then told me that I passed the first phase of the interview process and told me I should be hearing from a branch manager within 2 days. If I did not, I should call her back. Well, 2 days went by and didn't hear from a branch manager. I called the recruiter back and she then gave me a number of a branch manager to interview with. I had to leave several messages as the branch manager did not call me back. Two days later I tried calling again and this time was connected to him. He told me he was not hiring and that he would pass my information on to another branch manager. I also had a difficult time contacting the next branch manager. This, also, took a few days. I was finally able to meet with him and another employee. They liked my answers and forwarded my resume on to the District Manager. I had an interview set with him. I arrived early and waited a half hour when one of the tellers informed me that he had an emergency and would not be able to make the interview. Another interview was set up and I thought the interview went well. I did not hear anything for a week and decided to contact the Branch Manager. Once again, I left several messages for him. He did not return my calls so I decided to email him and let him know that I was still interested in the position. He finally called back and told me that the District Manager does not like to hire Personal Bankers from the outside. He prefers to offer the position to inside staff. I would need to start off as a teller. I told him that would be wonderful. He told me he would get back to me and I never heard a word from him again. I thought the whole process was confusing and a waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seal Beach, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview..asked me sales questions. Then was asked for a group interview...same line of questioning. Was asked for a final 4 hour interview. Consisted of 3 one on one interviews. Asked a lot of questions dealing with sales experience, and role play selling a product.

Interview Questions

• What was the most creative technique you used in selling a product?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview, then a group interview with just one hr rep. If you make it past that, there is the last interview, also a group interview, but with actual bank managers. If you make it past that, then you take the drug tests and you get the job. I unfortunately did not get invited to take the drug tests :-(

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

It started with an online screening then phone interview. The phone interview consisted of resume questions and two behavior and personality questions. Then i was scheduled for a group interview , was asked also behavior and personality questions. Your gona be asked to sell a certain item for them too. Pretty intense, i was very nervous.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time that you faced a challenging situation and what you did to go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Palmdale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

What motivates you? How do you handle stress? Tell me about a difficult time you had with a coworker? How would people describe you? how have you overcome a changelle? Why do you want to work for Wells fargo Name 2 past employers, your title and brief job description

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone Group District Manager Community Bank President

Interview Questions

• What are are you looking to accomplish at Wells?   2 Answers
    • What kind of expericance to you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hard did not move at all

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview

Began with a phone screen and then I had a group interview (with other candidates and a panel of interviewers). Later I had another interview with 2 managers. After being hired and going through training for 4 weeks, I had to interview again with different managers. I felt the process was cumbersome and a bit repetitive. This was for what I would call and entry level position.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging thing that I had to do was to "sell" another candidate to the panel. I had just met her and had maybe a minute to interview her and then I had to present her to the panel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said this is the offer--take it or leave it. No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Union City, NJ

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Union City, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied the first week of December 2008. On December 2009 got an email from staffing specialist Trina Joseph to schedule a phone interview, which took place on December 10. She mentioned that because of the holidays that a person to person interview could take place around the first week of January 2010. On January 5th I sent her an email asking for an update since I had not heard from her yet. Got an interview for January 12 with 2 district managers. Trina Joseph specified that they were tough interviewers and to be ready for them (Mr. Atkinson). It was a behavorial set of questions with them taking notes all through out the process. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was conducted at their Paramus office. It was a total of 7 questions, where you had to explain using the STAR system. I got a phone call the next day from Trina stating that I was not selected to move forward on the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were responsible for a group of salesmen that were struggling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Irvine, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

I applied for a personal banker position online with a referral from an employee, 1st step is the Phone screening, then group interview, then 3rd round is split into small groups to meet with store managers, district managers and regional managers and also had to give presentation on "selling a financial product"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for wells fargo   1 Answer
    • what do you think is the most important part of sales   4 Answers