Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.7

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Process takes 1-2 months. I finally got an email back to rsvp to a group interview a month after I applied. I didn't get a phone interview though. It was a group interview where you have 2 hours to grab an interview with a manager and ALSO the district manager. You have to bring two copies of your resume and make sure it stands out if anything. They ask you questions about leadership, how you motivate a team, how you would meet a quota if you are behind, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared for questions about reaching a quota and sales.   Answer Question

I had already received another job offer eariler

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

2 interviews, one phone screening with human resources and in person interview with hiring store manager

Interview Questions
    • Situational interview format, be prepared with examples from your past accomplishments   Answer Question
    Hr provided a fair offer so I accepted initial offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Heard about openings within the company from current employee. Applied online for Wells Fargo on 11/14, emailed me an assessment same day, informed me that I passed upon completion and then provided me with a link for a location to sign up for an interview slot at the provided earliest date and time; which was on 11/26. Had a group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 interviewers (Recruiter and Store Manager) I then got an email stating that the position I applied for had been canceled on 11/30. However, I received a phone call from the Manager of another location that day (11/30) stating that my Recruiter had emailed him my information and requested to set up an interview if I was interested. Recruited emailed me afterward stating that she believed I'd be a great fit for that location. I met with the Manager 12/4 for an hour. Before the interview was completed he brought his Assistant Branch Manger in to introduce himself. Assistant Manager then asked me a few questions to get to know me better.Once the interview was over, Manager told me he would contact me by Friday 12/6 upon making any decisions. Within an hour of my interview being complete heard back from another Recruiter (as mine is on Vaca) and she extended me an offer contingent upon my background check and fingerprints clearing (Which it will!) I will work on 12/9!

Interview Questions
    • How would/did I handle coaching of employees that did not meet or exceed expectations?   View Answer
    Negotiation not needed. Offered me great compensation based off my previous experience.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process is pretty fast. After interview, recruiters are quickly responding back to interviewees to let them know of status.

Interview Questions
    • Why come back into the financial field?   View Answer
    Negotiate if possible

Personal Banker Interview

The interview takes place with the branch manager and service manager. They like to have you roll play a sales experience you had in the past. This is because it is a highly sales focused job. If you do a good job here and look the part, meaning in business formal you should get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The sales roll play of a past product I sold. It is awkward especially if you know they don't know anything about it or if you are doing a good job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

I had a phone interview, a group interview, and a one on one interview. This process is good but it seems for me that if your are educated and well versed you will not be hired. If you have little experience and no education you will be fine. My first was for personal banker then I had an interview for Store manager 2. Who knows what to do with the company.If you lucky enough to get an offer, take it.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and relative to the positions.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

it was quick phone interview, then in person with manager and district manager. they used the STAR method for their interview questions. i was called within a few days with an offer. I was 15 min early for my interview and had to wait 30-45 just to be interviewed which was discourageign

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Way to long, phone interview, group interview, panel interview, individual interview, back ground check, finger prints,

Interview Questions
    • No question is hard just be prepare for behavior questions   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

How competitive are you?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a goal you set for yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Applied online. Received call from regional recruiter. Very friendly. Interviewed in large group; maybe 15-20 people. Long interview process 2 hours, complete with company video, 3 pages of paperwork, question and answer time. During Q and A I began to realize recruiter was looking for aggressive sales minded individuals. Many of the candidates were young, inexperienced in banking and had a difficult time correlating how they could best perform sales in banking after having just come from 'sales' in the food industry. Recruiter interrupted a couple of individuals that lost direction in their answer.

Interview Questions

Offer was only for 20 hours and the drive would take me about 35 minutes to get to the location I was offered. The dollars just wouldn't work out.