Wells Fargo

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.7

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

2 Interviews. Initial interview will be on the phone with the recuriter and once he/she is satisfied with the answers you provide, he/she will than call the manager/service manager at the branch you applied at. Afterwards, you will than be called in for a face to face interview with the managers.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
There was no negotiation, the recruiter offered a salary and there was no room to accept or deny

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Pretty easy and quick. Applied online and had a phone interview in the next few days. After that a group interview. If you move on from that, you have a day with another group interview and a bunch of one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions
    Pretty standard offer for a sales job.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Good experience

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group interview after applying online and taking a test

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

group interviews, in order to be noticed you have to go above and beyond in speaking and answering questions. The second interview is directly with the hiring manager and then whether they like you for the position, they will follow up with your offer letter and start date.

Interview Questions
    • everything is pretty just, I don't think there are any difficult questions, as long as there is confidence.   Answer Question
    The Salary can be negotiated based on experience, that would be the only negotiable thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Applied online a few days later received an online assessment. Passed assessment then they called me to do a phone interview. A few days later they called me for a group interview consisting of 5 candidates. Interview questions were all STAR Questions fairly simple.
    S-ituation
    T-ask
    A-ction
    R-esult
    They'll ask you specific job scenarios and follow the star interview technique. For example, "Tell me a time where you felt like you accomplished a great goal"?

Be on time (10 mins early)
    Dress business casual.

No negotiation take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview process is very odd... Phone screening, then a who-is-better group interview, which plays the company off as 100% about the customers and customer service, and then a one-on-one interview at a banking center. At no point was the bank's philosophy conveyed clearly. Group interview portrayed customer service as #1, and the tables turn to sales once in a banking center.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to bring to the table that would make you a good fit for Wells Fargo? (To which my answer conformed to the customer service aspect of the group interview. Came to find out I did not get the job due to a supposed lack of interest in sales. I had worked in sales and held a successful sales position in a competing bank for years prior)   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Group interview, then another group interview with 3 managers. Then 3 one on one interviews with managers

none set salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

On a Thursday I uploaded my résumé and applied for a banker position. Moments later I got an email with a link to an assessment. The assessment was just general questions about your experience. Then another few moments later I got an email asking me to pick a group interview date and time. I picked a date for the following week on a Thursday. The group interview consisted of me and 6 others. We sat in a class room format with the recruiter in front of us. She turned on a power point and gave a brief overview of the company and had us go around the room asking us to introduce ourselves with an overview of out experience and previous job history, where we want to be in 5 years, and why Wells Fargo. The recruiter just writes as you speak. Then she asked tell me a time when you went out of your way for a customer, tell me about a big sales goal you have had, and what you are most proud of. Each question going around the room. After that she gives an overview of the position and asked if we had any questions. She didn't ask to see our resume but I recommend bringing it. I answered all questions very focused on sales and customer service. I also asked questions. Try and show your personality. The interview took about 1 1/2 hours. Then about 30 mins later I got an email inviting me to a second interview with the district manager. Bring your resume to this interview. He had a paper he read questions off of. He first asked to get to know me like what I like to do and why I want the position. Then he asked 1. Tell me a time you went out of your way for a customer. 2. Tell me about a sales goal and how you achieved it. 3.do you think your nice? 4. Tell me a time when you coached another employee? Again I just answered these questions focused on sales and customer service. My interview was on a Monday and they told me Wednesday I got the job. Make sure you dress very professional. Then I had to fill out a background check they emailed to me and made an appointment to do my fingerprints. I start training in 2 weeks. The training is 4 weeks in a town 2 hours away. They pay for hotel, food, and mileage.

Interview Questions
    They offered me 32,400 and benefits. I didn't try to negotiate.

Personal Banker Interview

If you're selected for an interview you will be called by a recruiter for the interview. Next step is a group interview. If the recruiter thinks you are a good fit you will be scheduled to an interview with one of the branch managers.