Wells Fargo

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.7

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

1.) After applying online I got a call from HR.
2.) Attended a group interview.
3.) Interviewed at the branch itself.
4.) Attended a 2 month PB training.

Interview Questions
  • Not difficult at all to be honest. Just a few behavior questions.   Answer Question
No negotiation phase at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Very good and unexpected.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Online application and screening, then phone interview and finally one on one interview with 2 store managers. Questions were general behavioral type questions - quite easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

First interview with HR was successful, and I was invited for a second in Boulder branch with a Store Manager. After a few questions I realized that they are interviewing me for a Teller position. After we tried to resolve the confusion about my application, I was told that someone will contact me for another interview for Personal Banker position. Two weeks after, I got another phone call from another branch in Boulder. Unfortunately, that call was again regarding a Teller position. And again, I was told that Store manager will contact me to schedule an interview for a Personal Banker position. I had never got any call after. I tried to reach a Store manager in that branch and HR. They've never answered the phone call, responded on my voice mail or emailed me. Unprofessional and disrespectful. Honestly, I haven't expected this from Wells Fargo.

Interview Questions
    • Interview with HR was very easy. No difficult or unexpected question if you are ready to answer about your professional experience and success in sales and customer service jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Group interview of about 12 people. She explained the job position and then proceeded to ask us there questions and have us a few minutes to write down our answers. She told each one to stand up and answer the questions.
    They were: who are you and why are you applying. Biggest sale you have ever made. And why would you be an asset to the company.

Interview Questions
    I was called after the group interview and she told me that normally it goes through two more phases but they wanted me to start right away. There was no negotiation. She stated the pay and asked when I could start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

-Online application/assessment
    -Group interview with Corporate Recruiter.
    -1 on 1 role play/background/interests interview with SMs & DM.
    -They will do a background check (mostly to see if you have any legal issues with involving money).
    -They will let you know if you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • They send you a packet of information they want you to memorize for the role play. They want you to go learn their policies and products before they even interview you (from their website). All of the "difficult" questions come from that.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Passed phone screening, always the same questions asked by someone clearly reading a script. One on One interview with district manager was a bit more personal but aimed solely at sales. Was never asked about my experience in finance or about basic product knowledge. Interviewer set clear expectations of the job. Since i was an internal candidate a follow up was made with my current supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • would you consider leading or lagging indicators more important to sales.   View Answers (3)
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group interview (I hear they are not done anymore). 12 people. One guy from the same company I was from was in my interview. It worked well we were able to play off each other and basically give 2 answers for every question. (one me and one him). Interview the person next to you and then present them to the group.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, one of the interviewers gave us the best tip. "Be friendly and personable. We can teach you banking if you are relateable"   Answer Question
    Not much, This is the offer.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Everything is applied for on-line. Even if there are several positions available in a district, you need to apply for each position.

They facilitate a Group Interview Process for your initial interview. Be prepared to look the part and have the question answered by each person in the room.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview. Mentally preparing that your answer is heard by everyone in the room.   Answer Question
    This is your first pay raise. They will lowball you. If you have the experience, earn your pay.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

It took a month to get a call for a phone interview after that I recieved an email saying is the interview time was okay. Iresponed yes and didnt hear back, I went to the interview anyway went great, the next day the call and offer a csr position.

I am actually undecided.