Wells Fargo

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2015.

Applied through Indeed.com and quickly got a call back setting up a phone interview the same day. Did the basic phone interview which consisted of just basic questions about my info and then a couple of preliminary behavioral questions, "Name a time when" type. Just like two of these. Passed that and was set up for a Face to Face interview the same week a couple of days later.
Went to their location and interviewed with another person that wasn't the one I had been talking to. It was a face to face basic STAR type interview with usual questions about sales.
I knew this was a phone bank job, but as I had seen and read on forums it is heavy on Sales type questions, the "name a time when you had" that again.

Process took a few days but they got back to me.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   View Answer
  • What was a the most difficult sales experience   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Phone Banker I Interview

Called on the phone first, they ask if you can basically use a computer such as alt+tab and ctrl+alt+delete. Also if you are comfortable with sales referrals. Then you get an in person interview to see how your personality is and how you can handle stress.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I had an insider helping me with this process, so I had a decent idea of how it would happen and what they were looking for. His advice- and what worked for me- is to push these qualities on resume and during interview process: first and foremost, sales experience. I personally had no official sales experience, but a prior job as a waitress and some discussion on tip percentages worked well enough. Secondly, empathy. Have examples of times that you showed empathy to a customer (best if you can find examples of angry ones) ready during the phone interview, and the 1 on 1 interview that happens after. Thirdly, leadership potential. Wells likes to hire and promote within at the Phone Bank, and retention is an issue (as it is at all call centers), so they'd like to see an eagerness to settle within the company.

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Sent in Resume, a couple weeks later received an phone interview. I was told I was over qualified for the position but they had a Sale Specialist position open but it didn't start for a month and a half. Asked if I could start as a phone banker, was told NO I was over qualified. When I explained that I have been out of work for 3 months already and really couldn't wait another month and a half with no income, I was told "well good luck then" and they hung up.

These people obviously have no sole and do give any care about their employees or people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

The whole process took about a 2-3 weeks. I applied online and got an email to set up a phone screening the next day.
    First interview is the phone screening (this is generally done by a recruiter), they will ask you some general questions but be sure to answer all of them backed with examples (S.T.A.R. questions). My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes, because it seems like they make a high volume of calls daily. The recruiter asked me only 2-4 questions.
    1. "Why are you interested in this position?"
    2. "Tell me about a time you made a sale."
    3. "Tell me about a time you had a conflict.. give specific examples."

After you pass the screening, the recruiter will schedule a face-to-face interview. This will be with 2 supervisors (one will be asking you the main questions, and the other will try to pick and pull more answers out of you if your answer is too vague.) This interview lasted a little less than an hour. The key words to use/take note of are: customer service, sales and service go hand-in-hand, actively listening, empathizing, and be very VERY specific (because they may re-ask you the same question in a different way if you are too vague). During the interview they go over your resume (so be sure to study it), and then after that they will ask you a series of S.T.A.R questions where they expect you to give a very detailed example followed by the positive outcomes, and they will question if you got recognized for your previous work (and how you got recognized for it). After the face-to-face interview they will notify you within 3 days (email if you got the job, phone call if you didn't.) I was hired right on the spot and got an email within 20 minutes after my interview.

After that, you do a finger-print background check (no drug tests, at least for me.) and then you're all set to go for training for 6 weeks!

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an example of a time when you had a conflict, and how did you overcome that? Be very specific."
      "Why are you interested in this position/why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?"
      "Why is customer service important to you?"
      "Give me an example of a time when you went beyond customer services, and how did that affect sales?"
      "Do you think you work well with a team or alone with projects?"
      "What do you want to get out of this position?"
      ... etc.

View Answer
    Starting pay is at $13.66, I managed to bump it up to $15

Phone Banker I Interview

General behavior related questions, easy peasy. Others questions are regarding sales.
    " tell me a time when you dealt with an irate customer? "

" how would you recommend a product?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Fill out an online application. Someone from hr contacts you to ask a few questions and share scheduling details with you. Then you are scheduled for a face to face interview. If the manager is pleased with your interview you are emailed to follow up with your background check which includes bonding. Once that is done you are officially hired !

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer. What was wrong and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Everyone starts at the same pay.

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

interview/hiring process can take up to 2 wks. Interview does require proper preparation. Applicants must be knowledgeable about sales, because this position is sales oriented. Above all dont fail to pray to God for grace before embarking on the interview, It helps big time.
    Summary of interview process
    -applied online
    -was scheduled for a phone interview in about 7 days later
    -after a successful phone interview, was scheduled for a one on one interview 5 days later
    -got a call 2 days later for an offer but based on a successful background check
    -got result of BG check in 2 days time
    -was then scheduled for a training class

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to go beyond and above to help a customer?
      How can you handle an irate customer?
      What is your highest sales goals, and how was it achieved?

Answer Question
    no negotiation regarding pay, but pay was fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

first it was the phone interview, and then I had went to a job fair after they emailed me about it. And then at the job fair I interviewed with two really nice ladies they were very polite the building was very nice and I was impressed at how informative they were I had to paige about the position in the company and they had nice pens and cup holders laid out when we walked in there labeled with Wells Fargo. And then 2 days or no the next day I received a call saying I got offered the position in that they were very impressed with my interview overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about a time when I had a problem with a customer and how I handled it   View Answer
    they started my payout higher than expected so I didn't have to negotiate with them

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

I just had a phone interview for a phone banker position in El Monte, Ca with a recruiter from Texas. It was the most unprofessional, impersonal interview I have ever experienced. The recruiter was rude and kept cutting me off whenever I tried to answer a question. She didn't want any details just short answers. She kept telling me to slow down because she had to type my answers. I basically had to speak like a robot and when I wouldn't she would get upset. Still, I answered each question the best I could. I was told at the end of the interview that I would either receive a call from a recruiter in El Monte to schedule an in person interview within 24 to 48 hours or an email explaining that there are better candidates. All I can do is wait and see if I get a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer about your past sales goals(exact numbers and or percentages) how you met those goals, how you were compensated(If by dollar amount, will ask for exact dollar amount you made in incentive i.e daily, weekly, or monthly).. How do you upsell... Explain a time when you had to handle a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question