Wells Fargo

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

interview/hiring process can take up to 2 wks. Interview does require proper preparation. Applicants must be knowledgeable about sales, because this position is sales oriented. Above all dont fail to pray to God for grace before embarking on the interview, It helps big time.
Summary of interview process
-applied online
-was scheduled for a phone interview in about 7 days later
-after a successful phone interview, was scheduled for a one on one interview 5 days later
-got a call 2 days later for an offer but based on a successful background check
-got result of BG check in 2 days time
-was then scheduled for a training class

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to go beyond and above to help a customer?
    How can you handle an irate customer?
    What is your highest sales goals, and how was it achieved?

Answer Question
no negotiation regarding pay, but pay was fair

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

first it was the phone interview, and then I had went to a job fair after they emailed me about it. And then at the job fair I interviewed with two really nice ladies they were very polite the building was very nice and I was impressed at how informative they were I had to paige about the position in the company and they had nice pens and cup holders laid out when we walked in there labeled with Wells Fargo. And then 2 days or no the next day I received a call saying I got offered the position in that they were very impressed with my interview overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about a time when I had a problem with a customer and how I handled it   View Answer
    they started my payout higher than expected so I didn't have to negotiate with them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

I just had a phone interview for a phone banker position in El Monte, Ca with a recruiter from Texas. It was the most unprofessional, impersonal interview I have ever experienced. The recruiter was rude and kept cutting me off whenever I tried to answer a question. She didn't want any details just short answers. She kept telling me to slow down because she had to type my answers. I basically had to speak like a robot and when I wouldn't she would get upset. Still, I answered each question the best I could. I was told at the end of the interview that I would either receive a call from a recruiter in El Monte to schedule an in person interview within 24 to 48 hours or an email explaining that there are better candidates. All I can do is wait and see if I get a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer about your past sales goals(exact numbers and or percentages) how you met those goals, how you were compensated(If by dollar amount, will ask for exact dollar amount you made in incentive i.e daily, weekly, or monthly).. How do you upsell... Explain a time when you had to handle a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Applied online
    Received email to set interview time
    Attended First interview, it was a group interview with 4 people and a recruiter
    Made it past group interview to final interview
    attended final interview with hiring manager, extremely difficult, scrutinized every inch of my resume and asked me a million trick questions in reference to my sales background, also asked me to follow along with him while he read.

interview ended, was told i'd hear back within a week

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time you performed exceptionally well in regard to sales goals, and how did you do this.   View Answer

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, they emailed me with different times for a interview. It was a group one so the interviewer went around the table asking us all the same questions (about 8 people interviewing at a time). then I was called for a second interview, a one on one, and that's where you sit down with two supervisors and go through employment history and basic questions like explain a time you had to deal with an upset customer. They contacted me about an hour after the one on one and offered me a job and then had me fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a sheet of paper and a highlighter and ask you to read it and make whatever you think is important on the paper. It's a test so mark that baby up, they take the paper with them when you leave.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because they offered me a lot more than I was making at the time but I believe you can counter. Keep in mind if you work the late shift you make an extra 15% on your paycheck with the pay differential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Applied online and got an email saying I was eligible for a phone interview. They send you a link and you pick the time that's best for you. The phone interview is pretty easy, just have your resume in front of you so you can be thorough in your answers about your experience. Passed the phone interview, it goes by really fast. Face to face interview was with a supervisor and it was okay. Just name a time when....questions. I got really scared because she asked for my resume and I didn't bring one, so bring one just in case!! They give you two papers to look over and highlight any questions you might have. I didn't highlight much, everything is pretty self explanatory. I highlighted terms they used that I wasn't familiar with. I didn't think I was gonna get it, because u had applied a couple months before and was not chosen, but 30 minutes after mymy interview I got the call!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had an irate customer. Name a time when you worked as a team. What are your current sales goals at your job. What would you do if you weren't hitting your sales goals. Rate 1-10 how interested you are in this position and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed, but if you feel like you deserve more just let them know.

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

I had been applying to Wells Fargo for as long as I could remember, but only as a teller because i didn't think I was qualified for other positions. Although I would only apply when I clearly saw an opening somewhere I still seemed to never receive any form of feedback after filling out the application, it was like my applications were just going into thin air. Eventually I spoke in person with a branch manager and told him my situation and based on my background he suggested applying as a banker instead. I sent him my resume that Friday and that following Monday i was called by a recruiter and invited to a group interview. I was so nervous since for one I was finally interviewing with Wells Fargo and because I had never been to a group interview before. I arrived and there was supposed to be four of us but one person didn't show. The recruiter went over a brief power point about the position, salary, etc and asked us each three interview questions. He then closed by saying that if we were chosen we would be called within two business days, if not we would be emailed. I was called the next morning and told I passed and was invited to a one on one interview with a hiring person. I was a ball of nerves but I was pretty confident I aced that interview as well because I had already been taught the sales was HIGHLY important to this position so be sure to mention sales, sales, sales. Pretty much every question was about my sales experience, and they were VERY specific just as I had been warned in advance. I was told a decision would be made rather quickly usually within 24-48 hours. My 1 on 1 interview was wednesday and I was notified Friday that I had been offered the position pending a background check. I submitted my background paperwork the same day, fingerprinted the next day and notified Monday that I had the job. I start training next Monday!

-Pros: Choosing your own shift out of about six listed shifts, very good pay, fairly quick process.

-Cons: The shift I wanted was taken so I ended up with a late shift but the bright side and the part that had me super excited was the 15% pay differential for every hour worked after 4 PM. (which no one had told me about), six weeks of training which also ended up being late hours (paid).

Interview Questions
    • The ones in which they wanted specific numbers in regards to your sales experience.   Answer Question
    They gave us a range and told us it would be based on experience. I fell right in the middle and I was fine with that plus I took on a late shift so I was given a 15% pay differential for hours after 4PM, which was pretty much my entire shift.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Applied online. Received and email to do a phone interview. The lady that called me wasn't too pleasant and she seemed a bit inexperienced. However, I was scheduled for a face to face interview which was amazing, basic behavioral and situational questions given and I also built rapport with the supervisor who interviewed me. pay is average. Have to stay with phone bank for 1 year before exploring other options. training 6 weeks. work night shift for a 15% boost in salary

Interview Questions
    • none were difficult or unexpected. Just have something that relates to sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

Have gone through this process 2 times already and have been unsuccessful in landing the job. The phone interview is easy but the face to face is almost impossible to get. I provided my worst customer services experiences with Irate customers and which is one of the questions they ask and it was not enough to land the position. I did a group interview and then I had a face to face interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you handled an Irate customer?   View Answer

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, (make sure your resume showcases the minimal requirements for the position) and was contacted via email 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. I was very nervous for the phone interview but it went well, the recruiter went over my prior work history and asked questions about my knowledge of computer use and technology. Mainly focusing on questions about sales, sales, sales, and prior work achievements, customer service & MORE SALES!! After the interview was complete -- I was then asked to come in for an in person interview with 2 supervisors. The interview went really well, the supervisors made me feel VERY comfortable and made the conversation run smoothly, they also focused a lot on sales and prior specific accomplishments, so make sure you have exact numbers for your prior accomplishments and sales goals for your phone and in person interview. I was contacted the day after my in person interview to be offered the position pending the completion of my background check. I schedule my fingerprinting the next day and was contacted 2 days later & told that my background check was cleared, I then set up my schedule and start training next week!

Interview Questions
    • What do you use to navigate through web pages?   View Answer
    No negotiations, the pay was VERY fair and based on experience.