Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Ana, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – phone interiview, and then person

Interview Question – how do you upsell   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was great

Shoreview, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – They will start by calling and scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone from HR who was more or less indifferent to anything I said. Standard questions, they will ask you to rate yourselves on various aspects of the job 1-5. I said 5 to a lot of things and she tested me by asking me a random question about that(technology wise) and luckily I knew the answer. She asked me to tell me what the keyboard shortcut is to switch screens on a computer(Alt-Tab.)

Once you pass the phone interview, they can call you in for the real interview which is taken by two interviewers at once. I suited up completely, which in retrospect might have been overkill. A shirt and tie would've sufficed. Once you pass the phone interview and they have reviewed your application and they like you, they basically just want to meet you in person to see if you are more or less what you say you are. You basically already have the job unless you're completely different from your application. A lot of the questions are repeats from the phone interview, just take your time and try to give detailed and informative answers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you exceeded a sales goal.   View Answer

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen, career fair, in person interview, background check, criminal then offer. Dress of success. Bring several copies of your resume. Be sure to be prepared on sales questions. This is a very HEAVY sales job even in consumer support. All complaining or customer service calls get up sold to move them to at least 8 banking products. Referral rates are at least 30% YES on 100 calls a day. 10 to 15 calls a day must leave service and be transferred to a sales banker to complete the application.

Interview Question – Sales, sales, sales, and sales. How did you obtain that up sell? Can you up sell? Can you sell products on every call even when the customer objects? How do you handle those objections and get the sale.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is the offer. HR runs it, no negotiations.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting the online application, which focuses on sales and customer interactions, qualified candidates will receive a phone interview. This highlights the skills presented in the application and the interviewer determines your experience navigating computer systems, sales, and customer service. The next step is an on-site interview which goes a little more in depth than the phone interview. They really try to assess if the position is a good fit. They determine adaptability and basic professional skills.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to meet specific (quantified) sales goals and what steps did you take to meet those goals. This is difficult if past experiences haven't set very specific goals to meet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to express my schedule preference from several choices. If believe your experience/ education warrants higher pay than what they offer, definitely do express that. They are pretty fair and will at least hear you out.

El Monte, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online via job board notice. I was called 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Right after completing phone interview, scheduled a one on one with one of the supervisors. Interview was with 2 supervisors both asking questions. Took about 1 hour from the time I arrived to the time I left. Got call with offer same day contingent on background check. Fingerprinted saturday and notified Monday that I got the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically used STAR method.   Answer Question

Phone Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Had a recruiter call me next day after I applied. Quick telephone interview with very basic questions. Had interview next day with two supervisors. They wanted to know if I was competitive and had drive. Very basic questions as well. Got the job same day.

Interview Question – Just a lot of questions to give examples about drive and work ethic.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic interview process. Submitted application and questionnaire, received email to setup phone interview. Interview briefly touched on experience, where at the end a in person interview was scheduled. One on one interview with a team manager asking the usual customer service and behavioral questions. Then a quick tour( if they like you) before showing you out. I received an offer in about 2-3 days.

Interview Question – Basic give an example of when you...   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and a recruiter called me within a couple of days, phone interview was first. the basic tell me about you and your work ethic questions... second interview was basically a recap of the first but in person and with a different person.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you dont like about wells fargo?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phone Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a Phone Bank Supervisor. She asked about previous call center experience, also asked about handling stress on the job, because Wells Fargo is known for their need for referral goals.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. It was just the usual tell me a little about yourself, previous work experience and tell me about a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you handle it type of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After interviewing in person, I was called by a recruiter who gave me a job offer. She asked about my previous pay from previous jobs and negotiated from there.

Phone Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied online and had a phone interview a couple of days later with a contracted recruiter. She sent my file over to the branch with a recommendation for a final interview. The final interview was a week later with two managers. It lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty laid-back. Be prepared for a lot of sales-related hypothetical questions. Also, they will refer to your most recent or most important sales experience quite often.

Interview Question – What would you do if you could not convince/engage the customer in a sale?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Phone Banker interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.