Wells Fargo Phone Banker Interview Questions

2.8

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Phone Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes; asking basic questions like my past sales experience, why I want to work there, etc. They were very friendly. The on site interview was TOUGH! It lasted 1 hour 15 minutes to be exact. questioned pretty much every detail of my resume, how i've dealt with management in the past. They gave me different scenarios and asked me how I would handle it. My future plans and how this job fits in. Asked me what I know about Wells Fargo. A lot of "tell me a time when..." type of questions. 2 managers interviewed me. The lady have five pages of questions she asked me. When I didn't answer the question; she let me know lol. overrall it was a good experience because I prepared. You can't just wing this interview; you really have to be prepared

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of "tell me a time when..." type of questions; opportunities to show your customer service skills. I had two stories prepared by they asked me that question 6 different times so I had to think quickly.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but looking back I think I could have asked for a little more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

The interview was all about sales, also a explanation of the job. I feel that I did Good on second interview, however I did not get a offer. They will send you an email saying that other candidates are better than you.

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone interview to go over your resume. Second interview to go in depth with you, also more than one person. They will ask about everything from former jobs to personal preferences about work place. The hiring will put me at ease with their banter. All in all it was actually a fun interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a difficult situation, and describe how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Applied online. Attended Job Fair. Interviewed by a recruiter at the job fair. The recruiter was very intimidating but I tried not to sweat or get nervous. I gave her all the correct answers. Mostly she asked about sales experience. I'd previously worked at a small loan company and we had minor sales goals to meet so I was able to give examples from my previous job. Was told to sit back down.

Waited about 1/2 hour and had an interview with a supervisor. I was even more nervous because I expected to go over sales and numbers experience. Fortunately for me we only went through it briefly. The interviewer asked me general interview questions. I'd mentioned that I'd been referred by a previous employee and the interviewer happened to recognize that person. I think the interviewer felt that then I kind of new the job role a bit more. Right away we went over the day to day job duties. I felt comfortable afterwards but still a little unsure. That very same day I received a call from the recruiter for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you want to work for Wells Fargo. I sometimes think it's a trick question but obviously I answered 10.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

two people interview me at the same time, and they told me they will interpret me during the process since it is design for that way. They gave me a paper to take note, and they collect the note after the interview. They try to be a little bit rude to see whats your response.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you how you like the job, rate it 0 to 10, I gave 8   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied on a Monday and I had a phone interview three days later. After that, like two weeks later, they called me to have a one on one interview with managers. They answer you by email if you are not selected. I suppose that if you are selected, they will call you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just the regular ones, if you are an experienced job seeker.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

phone interiview, and then person

it was great

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Had a recruiter call me next day after I applied. Quick telephone interview with very basic questions. Had interview next day with two supervisors. They wanted to know if I was competitive and had drive. Very basic questions as well. Got the job same day.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of questions to give examples about drive and work ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

I applied for the position and a recruiter called me within a couple of days, phone interview was first. the basic tell me about you and your work ethic questions... second interview was basically a recap of the first but in person and with a different person.