Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

El Monte, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details – Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Interview Question – How do you upsell?   Answer Question

Phone Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Phone interview to go over your resume. Second interview to go in depth with you, also more than one person. They will ask about everything from former jobs to personal preferences about work place. The hiring will put me at ease with their banter. All in all it was actually a fun interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficult situation, and describe how you resolved it?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Wells Fargo uses the Adler interview technique which is centered around accomplishments. It is focused mainly around accomplishments, so there won't be many typical interview questions that you would expect. They are looking for you to be able to describe tasks you had to accomplish in previous positions, how you reacted and what the results were.

Interview Question – Why we you chosen for that particular task?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – two people interview me at the same time, and they told me they will interpret me during the process since it is design for that way. They gave me a paper to take note, and they collect the note after the interview. They try to be a little bit rude to see whats your response.

Interview Question – They will ask you how you like the job, rate it 0 to 10, I gave 8   View Answer

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied on a Monday and I had a phone interview three days later. After that, like two weeks later, they called me to have a one on one interview with managers. They answer you by email if you are not selected. I suppose that if you are selected, they will call you.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, just the regular ones, if you are an experienced job seeker.   View Answer

Santa Ana, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – phone interiview, and then person

Interview Question – how do you upsell   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was great

Shoreview, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – They will start by calling and scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone from HR who was more or less indifferent to anything I said. Standard questions, they will ask you to rate yourselves on various aspects of the job 1-5. I said 5 to a lot of things and she tested me by asking me a random question about that(technology wise) and luckily I knew the answer. She asked me to tell me what the keyboard shortcut is to switch screens on a computer(Alt-Tab.)

Once you pass the phone interview, they can call you in for the real interview which is taken by two interviewers at once. I suited up completely, which in retrospect might have been overkill. A shirt and tie would've sufficed. Once you pass the phone interview and they have reviewed your application and they like you, they basically just want to meet you in person to see if you are more or less what you say you are. You basically already have the job unless you're completely different from your application. A lot of the questions are repeats from the phone interview, just take your time and try to give detailed and informative answers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you exceeded a sales goal.   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Interview Details – Star Interview

Interview Question – How do you expect to meet and or exceed sales goals   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen, career fair, in person interview, background check, criminal then offer. Dress of success. Bring several copies of your resume. Be sure to be prepared on sales questions. This is a very HEAVY sales job even in consumer support. All complaining or customer service calls get up sold to move them to at least 8 banking products. Referral rates are at least 30% YES on 100 calls a day. 10 to 15 calls a day must leave service and be transferred to a sales banker to complete the application.

Interview Question – Sales, sales, sales, and sales. How did you obtain that up sell? Can you up sell? Can you sell products on every call even when the customer objects? How do you handle those objections and get the sale.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is the offer. HR runs it, no negotiations.

El Monte, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online via job board notice. I was called 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Right after completing phone interview, scheduled a one on one with one of the supervisors. Interview was with 2 supervisors both asking questions. Took about 1 hour from the time I arrived to the time I left. Got call with offer same day contingent on background check. Fingerprinted saturday and notified Monday that I got the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically used STAR method.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!