Wells Fargo

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.8

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Had a recruiter call me next day after I applied. Quick telephone interview with very basic questions. Had interview next day with two supervisors. They wanted to know if I was competitive and had drive. Very basic questions as well. Got the job same day.

Interview Questions
  • Just a lot of questions to give examples about drive and work ethic.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

I applied for the position and a recruiter called me within a couple of days, phone interview was first. the basic tell me about you and your work ethic questions... second interview was basically a recap of the first but in person and with a different person.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about what you dont like about wells fargo?   View Answer

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was interviewed by a Phone Bank Supervisor. She asked about previous call center experience, also asked about handling stress on the job, because Wells Fargo is known for their need for referral goals.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. It was just the usual tell me a little about yourself, previous work experience and tell me about a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you handle it type of questions.   Answer Question
    After interviewing in person, I was called by a recruiter who gave me a job offer. She asked about my previous pay from previous jobs and negotiated from there.

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and had a phone interview a couple of days later with a contracted recruiter. She sent my file over to the branch with a recommendation for a final interview. The final interview was a week later with two managers. It lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty laid-back. Be prepared for a lot of sales-related hypothetical questions. Also, they will refer to your most recent or most important sales experience quite often.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you could not convince/engage the customer in a sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

After submitting the online application, which focuses on sales and customer interactions, qualified candidates will receive a phone interview. This highlights the skills presented in the application and the interviewer determines your experience navigating computer systems, sales, and customer service. The next step is an on-site interview which goes a little more in depth than the phone interview. They really try to assess if the position is a good fit. They determine adaptability and basic professional skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to meet specific (quantified) sales goals and what steps did you take to meet those goals. This is difficult if past experiences haven't set very specific goals to meet.   Answer Question
    I was able to express my schedule preference from several choices. If believe your experience/ education warrants higher pay than what they offer, definitely do express that. They are pretty fair and will at least hear you out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Applied online via job board notice. I was called 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Right after completing phone interview, scheduled a one on one with one of the supervisors. Interview was with 2 supervisors both asking questions. Took about 1 hour from the time I arrived to the time I left. Got call with offer same day contingent on background check. Fingerprinted saturday and notified Monday that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically used STAR method.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

My friend referred me to wells fargo, i applied online a few days later a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview today and the call was 30mintues. The lady was very nice and the conversation flowed pretty well. she asked me pretty basic questions.. but ONE confused the s*** out of me. I was over thinking it to the fullest. she was asking me about my computer skills/experience etc & then she asked me how i naviagate through search engines ( something like that ) it is such a basic question but i had her repeat or explain differently and she mentioned a lot of people get confused,, the answer is using TABS... ya. You use tabs when multitasking on a computer and staying organized rather than having multiple windows. she asked me about my sales experience, how i mean goals, what my current sales job is like, how do i meet my goals, she asked why i left my pervious employer and how much notice i gave them, she explained what its like as a phone banker and if its something that interest me, just basic stuff only one really confusing answer for me. Other than that it went good and at the end of it she said she was going to schedule my in person interview with 2 people. its on thursday, wish me luck!! :)

Interview Questions
    • How do you navigate through search engines/programs? ( not exact question )   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Phone interview were basic questions about former employees and how they would describe your work ethic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Recruiter emailed me and scheduled phone interview.

Interview Questions

The recruitment process is horrible! The HR recruiter lacked professionalism, and the process took too long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

They will start by calling and scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by someone from HR who was more or less indifferent to anything I said. Standard questions, they will ask you to rate yourselves on various aspects of the job 1-5. I said 5 to a lot of things and she tested me by asking me a random question about that(technology wise) and luckily I knew the answer. She asked me to tell me what the keyboard shortcut is to switch screens on a computer(Alt-Tab.)

Once you pass the phone interview, they can call you in for the real interview which is taken by two interviewers at once. I suited up completely, which in retrospect might have been overkill. A shirt and tie would've sufficed. Once you pass the phone interview and they have reviewed your application and they like you, they basically just want to meet you in person to see if you are more or less what you say you are. You basically already have the job unless you're completely different from your application. A lot of the questions are repeats from the phone interview, just take your time and try to give detailed and informative answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you exceeded a sales goal.   View Answer