Wells Fargo Phone Banker Interview Questions

2.7

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Phone screen, career fair, in person interview, background check, criminal then offer. Dress of success. Bring several copies of your resume. Be sure to be prepared on sales questions. This is a very HEAVY sales job even in consumer support. All complaining or customer service calls get up sold to move them to at least 8 banking products. Referral rates are at least 30% YES on 100 calls a day. 10 to 15 calls a day must leave service and be transferred to a sales banker to complete the application.

Interview Questions
  • Sales, sales, sales, and sales. How did you obtain that up sell? Can you up sell? Can you sell products on every call even when the customer objects? How do you handle those objections and get the sale.   View Answer
The offer is the offer. HR runs it, no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Applied online via job board notice. I was called 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Right after completing phone interview, scheduled a one on one with one of the supervisors. Interview was with 2 supervisors both asking questions. Took about 1 hour from the time I arrived to the time I left. Got call with offer same day contingent on background check. Fingerprinted saturday and notified Monday that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically used STAR method.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

After submitting the online application, which focuses on sales and customer interactions, qualified candidates will receive a phone interview. This highlights the skills presented in the application and the interviewer determines your experience navigating computer systems, sales, and customer service. The next step is an on-site interview which goes a little more in depth than the phone interview. They really try to assess if the position is a good fit. They determine adaptability and basic professional skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to meet specific (quantified) sales goals and what steps did you take to meet those goals. This is difficult if past experiences haven't set very specific goals to meet.   Answer Question
    I was able to express my schedule preference from several choices. If believe your experience/ education warrants higher pay than what they offer, definitely do express that. They are pretty fair and will at least hear you out.

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Had a recruiter call me next day after I applied. Quick telephone interview with very basic questions. Had interview next day with two supervisors. They wanted to know if I was competitive and had drive. Very basic questions as well. Got the job same day.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of questions to give examples about drive and work ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Very basic interview process. Submitted application and questionnaire, received email to setup phone interview. Interview briefly touched on experience, where at the end a in person interview was scheduled. One on one interview with a team manager asking the usual customer service and behavioral questions. Then a quick tour( if they like you) before showing you out. I received an offer in about 2-3 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

I applied for the position and a recruiter called me within a couple of days, phone interview was first. the basic tell me about you and your work ethic questions... second interview was basically a recap of the first but in person and with a different person.

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was interviewed by a Phone Bank Supervisor. She asked about previous call center experience, also asked about handling stress on the job, because Wells Fargo is known for their need for referral goals.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. It was just the usual tell me a little about yourself, previous work experience and tell me about a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you handle it type of questions.   Answer Question
    After interviewing in person, I was called by a recruiter who gave me a job offer. She asked about my previous pay from previous jobs and negotiated from there.

Phone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and had a phone interview a couple of days later with a contracted recruiter. She sent my file over to the branch with a recommendation for a final interview. The final interview was a week later with two managers. It lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty laid-back. Be prepared for a lot of sales-related hypothetical questions. Also, they will refer to your most recent or most important sales experience quite often.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you could not convince/engage the customer in a sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

My friend referred me to wells fargo, i applied online a few days later a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview today and the call was 30mintues. The lady was very nice and the conversation flowed pretty well. she asked me pretty basic questions.. but ONE confused the s*** out of me. I was over thinking it to the fullest. she was asking me about my computer skills/experience etc & then she asked me how i naviagate through search engines ( something like that ) it is such a basic question but i had her repeat or explain differently and she mentioned a lot of people get confused,, the answer is using TABS... ya. You use tabs when multitasking on a computer and staying organized rather than having multiple windows. she asked me about my sales experience, how i mean goals, what my current sales job is like, how do i meet my goals, she asked why i left my pervious employer and how much notice i gave them, she explained what its like as a phone banker and if its something that interest me, just basic stuff only one really confusing answer for me. Other than that it went good and at the end of it she said she was going to schedule my in person interview with 2 people. its on thursday, wish me luck!! :)

Interview Questions
    • How do you navigate through search engines/programs? ( not exact question )   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Phone interview were basic questions about former employees and how they would describe your work ethic.