Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Wells Fargo Project Manager Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Phone screen and in person with the hiring manager and right-hand manager. Phone interview was a review of experience for the position. Time was available to ask questions and closed with an opportunity to move to an in-person interview.

In person interview--objective was to meet in person.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were classic functional knowledge and situation scenario. Detected frustration with the change process and focused my answers on positive tactics I've used to develop relationships and support for tool and processes that don't always make sense.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting company for a 6 month contract assignment. I was told it was PM work related to their Fraud applications and provide a generic job requisition.

When we had the interview, it was not as advertised. They actually wanted someone who could work indefinitely doing program management and release management tasks. Love Wells Fargo's entrepreneurial ethic, but think they tend to use contractors more as low cost FTEs for which they cannot get a budget. So, what was described to me by the recruiter and what was discussed in the interview were significantly different and I found the interview to be a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable in Unix and performing release management?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Recruiter submitted me to Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo expressed interest and scheduled a teleconference interview. Two people asked me questions for an hour. I asked the interviewer if they would like any clarification on any of the answers and they stated that they did not. Most of these questions seemed to point to how I would deal with a project that was behind schedule and people that were uncooperative. They then stated to the recruiter that I did not provide enough detail. I was then told that they wanted a second interview and was not told who my contact persons are. I got the same two people asking more of the same questions for another hour. I was then told that another candidate was selected. I also learned that this project was 2 weeks behind and that a P.M. was supposed to be hired two moths prior.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where your communication skills were not as good as they should have been.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a project that is behind schedule?   View Answer
    • The developers have developed the application and it does not meet the business requirements (the business side is unhappy). The developers do not want to redo the application, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

This company uses the STAR interview process (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) - behavior

Interview Questions
    • explain when you went above and beyond job to assist a customer   View Answer

got another offer that paid better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2009.

The interview process was smooth. I had a phone interview with the manager of the department and then followed up by an in person interview. I did know someone that worked there and had a referral which is pretty much the only way an outside candidate stands a chance.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my personal interests which to me seemed not important to the job.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was given the offer and took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2009.

Easy phone interview, then inperson interview with 2-3 people only took 1hr

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult - asked about how you would handle difficult situations, typical questions   Answer Question
    none- contract you get what you get.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

It was pretty quick through a staffing agency. Everyone is nice, but hard to schedule a flexible time. 2 rounds of interview in total, meeting minimum 5 product managers.

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience of excel, customer services, working in a team   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2011.

30 minute phone screen with HR assistant with general questions like:
    Why was I interested in position?
    What types of projects had I worked on?
    Asked me to describe a project with tight time frame.
    Asked me to explain how I had demonstrated diversity.
    Asked about a situation where I had to overcome resistance.

A couple of weeks later, had a face to face interview with Hiring manager and one of the onsite managers. Questions were more specific to my project management experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to overcome resistance.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that had a tight time frame, and what I did to bring it in on schedule.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

My consulting company arranged the interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me at the number I had given. I was asked questions about previous projects I had managed which I described. I was told what the job would entail. I then related what I had done in my previous jobs to the position I would be doing. The hiring manager said he would contact my consulting firm to bring me in. I gathered from this statement that I was hired (which I was).

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were through my consulting firm, and done in advance of interview.