Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Provo, UT

2.3

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I was promoted within the same branch after the previous lead teller was promoted. The decision to hire me was mostly made before the job listing was posted. Interviews were only a formality.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, I received a pre-screening call. I was asked of my most recent employment, my work experience in sales and customer service, why I wanted the job, and how I have handled disgruntled customers. The phone interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. I was told at the end that I was invited to a group interview at a WF location during the next week. There were 15-20 applicants at the group interview, all of which were external applicants. There were a few branches in the area looking for tellers, so a few managers were there from different locations. We were asked to introduce ourselves, share any languages that we knew, share why we wanted to work with WF, share our greatest sales accomplishment, then we were put into groups to prepare a sales presentation of a bank product of choice. Lastly, we listened as we were told a little bit about the history and culture of WF and some of the benefits of being a WF employee. Comments were encouraged, but it was easy to tell that those that had comments about everything brought eye-rolling to the HR and reps and managers present.
    Those in the group interview either pass or fail. The profiles and comments of those that passed are available to managers in the area. They are also ranked 1 to last by one or more of the managers present.
    After the group interview, if you passed, you will likely get a call from one or more service managers in the area to set up one on one interviews in the next day or two. This interview will likely consist of questions about your experience in customer service, cash handling, and sales. They will ask questions of how you would handle situations common in bank settings... sales, angry customers, workplace behavior, etc.
    You will receive a call from an HR rep to inform you if you have been offered or not offered the job. They'll tell you the hourly wage and ask if you accept the offer. If you accept the job, your store manager will contact you sometime afterwards to determine start dates and schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating takes place here. You'll receive a little extra if you can speak a foreign language beneficial to the bank.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in November 2009.

Interview

I already was an employee at another branch but the questions they ask are all uniform... they ask you about sales experiences you have had. Customer service experiences. Mostly behavioral questions and questions to find out about your personality and goals. They want to know if you can handle multitasking and long lines of people. It was a fairly straight-forward interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you exhibited good customer service?   1 Answer