Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Teller Interview

Lead Teller
Provo, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was promoted within the same branch after the previous lead teller was promoted. The decision to hire me was mostly made before the job listing was posted. Interviews were only a formality.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Lead Teller
Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

Interview Details – You apply online and immediately after if they like your application they will call you. You speak with the interviewee on the phone and they ask you qualifying question that are basic and easy. If you answer correctly they schedule a group interview with you. It is set up as a panel and managers from numerous stores who are looking to hire attend. They listen, take notes and discuss with each other afterwards. If you meet what they are looking for they will call you and set up a one on one interview. This is your final interview with the manager that you will be working under. Here is where the questions get more specific to your actual job duties. If you pass here they will call you and offer you the position.

Interview Question – Does Wells Fargo have hidden fees?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't really negotiate, but my wage was reasonable.

Teller Interview

Teller
Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview. After being screened as a possible candidate online, you get an email to schedule a group interview. There are different branch managers sitting in.

Interview Question – The fact that it is a group interview can be nerve wracking. If you have an issue talking in front of a group, keep in mind that this is not a small group of 5 or 6. There were at least 15 other candidates in my group and I think 5 that didn't show up, so there should have been as many as 20. That is on top of the 8 managers that sat in.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Provo, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. A few days later, I received a pre-screening call. I was asked of my most recent employment, my work experience in sales and customer service, why I wanted the job, and how I have handled disgruntled customers. The phone interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. I was told at the end that I was invited to a group interview at a WF location during the next week. There were 15-20 applicants at the group interview, all of which were external applicants. There were a few branches in the area looking for tellers, so a few managers were there from different locations. We were asked to introduce ourselves, share any languages that we knew, share why we wanted to work with WF, share our greatest sales accomplishment, then we were put into groups to prepare a sales presentation of a bank product of choice. Lastly, we listened as we were told a little bit about the history and culture of WF and some of the benefits of being a WF employee. Comments were encouraged, but it was easy to tell that those that had comments about everything brought eye-rolling to the HR and reps and managers present.
Those in the group interview either pass or fail. The profiles and comments of those that passed are available to managers in the area. They are also ranked 1 to last by one or more of the managers present.
After the group interview, if you passed, you will likely get a call from one or more service managers in the area to set up one on one interviews in the next day or two. This interview will likely consist of questions about your experience in customer service, cash handling, and sales. They will ask questions of how you would handle situations common in bank settings... sales, angry customers, workplace behavior, etc.
You will receive a call from an HR rep to inform you if you have been offered or not offered the job. They'll tell you the hourly wage and ask if you accept the offer. If you accept the job, your store manager will contact you sometime afterwards to determine start dates and schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating takes place here. You'll receive a little extra if you can speak a foreign language beneficial to the bank.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2009.

Interview Details – I already was an employee at another branch but the questions they ask are all uniform... they ask you about sales experiences you have had. Customer service experiences. Mostly behavioral questions and questions to find out about your personality and goals. They want to know if you can handle multitasking and long lines of people. It was a fairly straight-forward interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you exhibited good customer service?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in Provo, UT. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.