Wells Fargo

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.6

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I had worked for the company for a few years already in the same building in a few different roles with different departments. I knew the people on the team I applied to from some of my previous roles.

Interview Questions
    • They always ask situational questions like "Tell me about a time that you overcame an objection." or "What would you do if ....?"   View Answer
    The base is decent. The commissions can be pretty big, especially if you are consistently a top performer.

Financial Crime Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Online application via their own careers website.
    2 weeks later an email confirming a next stage phone interview, which you arrange via a link. The phone interview was pleasant, asked behavioral questions regarding customer service experiences, and also why I wanted to work at for Wells Fargo. Couple of days after the phone interview received an email confirming would like a person to person interview. Confirmed via email that Time & Date ok, and interviewed by 2 employees. They asked 6-8 behavioral questions and mostly regarding customer service issues - dealing with an irate customer, when something at work didn't go as you planned. The interviewers were very pleasant and it was a good interviewing experience.

Collector II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Applied online, invited to job fair by email, ask to take resume, filled out questioner (past experience, and personal information), two interviews right then, offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • This was difficult only because it is a very detailed question with a lot of specifics to the answer. Explain when you have had an irate customer, what was the situation, how did you handle the customer, what was the end resolution, was the customer satisfied, how did you feel when resolution was compete?   View Answer
    No negotiation for salary was allowed

Financial Crimes Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Had a 30min phone interview with an out-of-state recruiter. We went over my relevant experience and what they specifically were looking for in an employee in this position. I then had an interview in person with two supervisors. They went over similar pieces of information. In addition they asked about my knowledge of fraud. They gave me a scenario and asked how I would respond. I receive an offer several days later. The whole process took less then two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • A customer tells you they responded to an email claiming to be from Wells Fargo that asked them to click on a link and verify lots of personal information. How do you respond?   View Answer
    There was a set wage range given in the application. I was offer the top of the range, so there was no negotiation.

Financial Crime Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

With any corp company now you apply online. You will get a phone interview and they will ask you basic questions and qualifications. Punctuality, personality, are you good working individually and with a group. They will give you a few details about what the job is like and what you will be doing (very high level), if it is a good match they will pair you with the supervisors in the department and schedule an in person interview.

The in-person interview goes over experiences and education (they do prefer people with degrees, though the job itself does not require any type of financial knowledge at all). They will talk to you about how have you handled difficult customers and how did you resolve their problems. Though customer interaction for this position is rare. They will also ask you about pattern analysis because of the nature of the job. You will need to understand patterns of what customers do, and if something looks abnormal for a customer.

Interview Questions
    • They will work heavily on asking about difficult customers and also about how to track and find fraud patterns.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

You sign up online, pass a little test, and then you get an e-mail to attend a group interview. The group interview itself is very laid back, and relax and they usually ask two questions about experience and goal making. If you pass the group interview, the recruiter who holds the group interview sends your information over to hiring managers around the area and they call you in for a one-on-one. Once you pass that, then you should get an offer within 3-5 business days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you had to show great customer service?   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiation, they just send you an e-mail stating how much you'll be making and you have the option to accept or not.

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview process consisted of 3 interviews. One semi technical/get to know you, one more technical, and one that was strictly a get to know you/fit interview. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall process was fairly quick from first interview to being offered the job and a relaxed process as well.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three main real estate valuation techniques and which one do you think a bank would be most likely to use?   View Answer
    I didn't really have to negotiate. The offer I received was more than what I was hoping to get, so I was happy with it. They offered me a signing bonus and annual bonus potential on top of what I felt was a generous salary base. I believe the signing bonus was because of my Master's Degree in Finance.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

The hiring process is quite lengthy. After applying you are asked to answer a questionnaire about your background, then there is a group interview. The group interview typically has somewhere between 6-10 people interested/qualified for a teller position. After the group interview it is up to the branch or multiple branch service managers, depending on whether there is more than one branch looking for tellers. I was interviewed by two separate branches. The branches were world's apart in their interview process- one totally winged it and asked me questions as he thought of them and the other followed the WF scripted Q&A. Once you are offered the job you are then asked to fill out a background check and go for fingerprints. Only then is a start date scheduled. The whole process took me about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was for me to sell a pen to the service manager. The questions were typical interview questions apart from that.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Tellers are allotted hours and paid hourly.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Application through temp agency. The interview was easy and the manger was impressed with my resume. The interview was more focused on the job type and responsibilities. The temp agency interviewed me before I had the interview with the bank and set up pay expectations.

Interview Questions
    The agency took care of it

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

The interview process was fairly long. I first did a pre-screening interview on the phone, then a 2:1 interview in their office. A week later, they called me for another interview. It was a little bit tiresome for the pay they were offering. The first two interviews went well compared to the last one which was more technical.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to keep your integrity.   View Answer