Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.9

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

Applied online. Got called into a group interview within a couple of days. 2 hours after the group interview I got a call from the recruiter and got my first branch interview. The branch called me 3 days later to set up the 1-1 interview. I did well on the first interview, but they ended up hiring internally. They called me exactly 1 week later saying I didn't get the position and I was referred back to the recruiter. I got my second branch interview, but the branch never called me back and neither did the recruiter. Mostly all interviews emphasized SALES.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a sales goal at your previous job. If so, state how you reached that goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and a few days later received an email saying to schedule my group interview. At the group interview there were about 10 others including myself. The recruiter first explained the position and what makes a good teller. She also told us what questions she was going to ask us so we could write down our answers to make us less nervous. The questions were based mainly on customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

The training program conflicted with my school schedule

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

phone screening then 3 rounds of interviews. Phone screen is to verify if you are worth their time. First round is in a group setting and you show why you are a better choice then the other people in the room. Second interview in with a assistant manager or manager and the last interview is with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic stuff, all they care about is can you sell.   Answer Question
    Took what was offered as it was better then what i had going on at the time.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview started with a basic phone interview to review resume submitted and then was followed up with a panel interview with 2 UW managers. The panel interview started off with a set of basic questions required in all interviews and then ended with questions specific to the job and my experience and skill set

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you resolve a situation where you were clearly at fault   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

My first interview was conducted on my campus by a team of two relationship managers from their office. The first interview followed a script which included answering some analytical questions along with some behavioral questions. I had actually prepared beforehand utilizing some of the questions from Glassdoor which helped immensely. Following this, I got a call to schedule a final interview at the office. I was competing with two other students for the role. During the final interview I interviewed for about 2 hours, rotating between groups of 2 or 3 employees of all different roles. The main concern here was to see if I was a good fit for the company. Most of these interviews consisted of explaining my resume and asking questions about the company and the employee's experiences. The day after these interviews I got a call saying I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • What financial statements would you want to look at to decide if you would lend to a company? (Or something like that, be sure to brush up on the different financial statements and what they're used for)   Answer Question
    The hourly salary was not negotiable as it was standard for all summer financial analysts (it's a huge program)

Summer Intern- Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Submitted a resume online
    (Automatically) scheduled for an interview with 2 members from local commercial banking branch office. Asked basic intro questions and asked to demonstrate knowledge of fin. statements
    Called 2 weeks later to schedule a 1on 1 off campus interview, more intensive and skill-based (excel)
    Offered position following 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    • If you had to evaluate a company what information would you use outside of financial statements   Answer Question

Location

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Applied online. Received call from regional recruiter. Very friendly. Interviewed in large group; maybe 15-20 people. Long interview process 2 hours, complete with company video, 3 pages of paperwork, question and answer time. During Q and A I began to realize recruiter was looking for aggressive sales minded individuals. Many of the candidates were young, inexperienced in banking and had a difficult time correlating how they could best perform sales in banking after having just come from 'sales' in the food industry. Recruiter interrupted a couple of individuals that lost direction in their answer.

Interview Questions

Offer was only for 20 hours and the drive would take me about 35 minutes to get to the location I was offered. The dollars just wouldn't work out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Applied online _ passed the online screening_they sent me mail to group interview
    then they called me the day after the interview telling me that i passed the interview
    but the position was fullfilled

Interview Questions
    • 1.Tell me about yourself?
      2.what is your working experience?
      3.what are 3 skills you will bring to the job?
      4.why wells fargo?
      5.what are your career goals?
      6.Tell ma about exceptional customer service situation?
      7.Tell me about your most significant accomplishment?and if you got any awards or no?
        Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Applied to job via on-campus recruiting. First interview was on campus (30 min behavioral and technical). Second interview was at the office (30 min behavioral). Third interview was at the office (90min - felt more like a fit check). Asked to complete a writing assessment. Accepted offer the following week.

Interviewers were much nicer than interviewers from other banks and helped calm my nerves (as much as possible!). All around great experience!

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult; just stumbled on a couple of questions due to nerves.   Answer Question
    Salary and signing bonus are standard throughout the entire program, but they are above the industry average. No negotiation was necessary.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

took close to 2 months, no hard questions. Very customer service and numbers oriented company.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, hiring managers and recruiters were very interested in previous sales experience.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!