Wells Fargo

2.8

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process was surprisingly casual. I had 3 interviews in a month and the questions were easy. Felt like I did not perform quite well but got an offer that I finally declined.

Interview Questions
    • I've been asked about where I would see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary below expectations

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

A phone interview followed by an in person interview with 3 different people. It was all technical, basically they want to see if you know what you claim and also understand the fundamentals properly to solve an issue.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were to very relevant to the job profile I applied for. Do brush up your unix.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

One on-campus which was mostly fit, and only a couple basic technicals. The superday was 2 back to back 45 min interviews. It wasn't overly difficult, but some understanding of finance is needed. An MD and senior analyst spoke to me during all 3 interviews. It's very laid back, and if you miss a technical they will do their best to guide you through the process. They want to see your thought process. They will definitely ask you why banking.

Interview Questions
    • How do you value a small foreign tech company with no comparable transactions   View Answer
    Nope

Research Analyst and Research Manager Position (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Over the past two weeks, I have been contacted by two staffing agencies and one recruiter about two different positions at Wells Fargo. My comments focus around background information that I, as the candidate, was told I would have to provide in order to have my candidacy advance.

One staffing firm asked for my FULL SSN and MMDD while the other staffing firm asked for FULL SSN and FULL MMDDYY BEFORE an interview took place. Perhaps both agencies are competing to land a candidate at Wells Fargo but providing a SSN at this point of an interview process is not necessary and raises privacy and security concerns. Regarding a full birthdate -- depending upon your age, it allows the employer to be discriminatory. and rather unscrupulous.

The recruiter contacted me about a different position and said I had to provide two references before I would be considered for a contract job. I hesitated because I have not done this before for any position unless offered the job. Also, I do not want to exhaust my references to speak on my behalf when the likelihood of getting an interview is uncertain as well as my interest in the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for background information that raises privacy, security and discriminatory concerns.   Answer Question

Regional Diverse Segments Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Panel interview. Be prepared to present powerpoint or written strategic overview on how you would manage the assigned territory. It should include strategies, tactics, resources and budget. It is valuable if you know the territory, the players, the areas that comprise the region and influencial resources that would contribute to the success of your management of the territory. Associations, affiliations, board positions with associated relative partners would be beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your strategy for increasing the penetration rate of low-to-moderate income and minority target markets as it relates to loan originations?   Answer Question
    Standard based on years of experience and credentials

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

A few phone interviews...then an offer! Very simple, straight forward. Very friendly people and they made the organization feel friendly and inviting to work for. I spoke to two different people within the organization and they made a decision very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you come up with an entirely new strategy? Vague question with a vague answer!   Answer Question

Applications Systems Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Initial call by recruiter. Then an in person interview without a technical phone interview which was set up by the hiring manager. Interviewed with four people.
    1.The hiring manager- the first question was have you "really" worked on XYZ. Most questions were on similar lines with a lot of 'really!"s. He also asked some very generic open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer and said that all my answers were incorrect. When I mentioned about my good past experience with wells fargo, he got offended and told me that he will not give me any brownie points for working with WF in the past and asked me to not mention about my experience with WF. Not sure why!
    During my one on one interview with the hiring manager he was also talking on a different conference call the whole time. Some multi tasking! He would ask a question and totally ignore the answer.
    2.Business person- this was general behavioral questions.
    3 & 4 - Technical interviews with standard questions related to the technology that I applied for.

Overall, I felt like the manager already had some candidate in mind that he wanted to hire, but he went through the interview process to put a check mark on a paper and show his superiors that he had a fair interview process!
    Very negative experience, complete waste of time. I don't think I would have accepted the position even if I was given an opportunity.
    Never heard back from the recruiter.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for summer internship