Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
124 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Question – They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Regional Private Banker Interview

Regional Private Banker
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed, was told that I wouldn't adapt well, despite significant personal and work life history to the contrary. This was code for you are over 50 and we want simple young people.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions, they do not want honesty, they want compliance....   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Summer Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Question – A few financial questions caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for summer internship

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – apply and schedule appointment online make sure you do well on the screen test otherwise you do not get interviews. the interview about 1 hour and 20 minutes 3 question to answer. customer service exp, sales exp, achievement.

Interview Question – a successful sales exp   Answer Question

Systems QA Analyst IV Interview

Systems QA Analyst IV
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very interesting QA lead took my first round Face to Face and initially he explained me about the project and process in company and then asked me to tell him from my experience i would be helpful or contribute to project.
Second Round was with Hiring Manager who mostly asked me about my career path and other Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – First round can be little tricky as there are no direct technical questions from the Lead they come as you answer the questions along the way during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth

Concord, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and was prompted to choose a group interview time. I selected a date (for about a week later) and arrived at the location. Once I was there, there were about 6 candidates and one main person doing the interview. There was a manager from one of the branches sitting in on the interview and spoke briefly about working in her location and how she has moved up. We listened to information and filed out a sheet with our availabilities on it and watched a video. After about 30-45 minutes we had to go around the table and answer three questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had a difficult customer and you made a sale   Answer Question

Communications Consultant IV Interview

Communications Consultant IV
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was placed through an agency, and after one interview with the hiring manager, who was a VP, and my project supervisor, I received a job offer.

Interview Question – What was your role in the enterprise-wide strategic rollout of an elearning application?   Answer Question

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Teller At Wells Fargo
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online and after doing the online test and passing that I received an email a couple of hours later to set up an interview time the following week. It was a group interview with about 11 people which took two hours. We each had to talk about our work experience and why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo. We then watched a 10min video about Wells Fargo about what it is to be a teller at Wells Fargo. The recruiter was pretty straight forward, letting us know she was looking for the best of the best. If your a job hopper, it's not a good look. If you didn't have customer service skills/cashier then maybe it wouldn't be for you since you do have to try to sale Credit cards, checking/checking accounts if they don't have one. During the interview each person had to play a teller scenario which to me was the hardest part and seem to be hard for everyone else but for one person who worked at Wells Fargo before. She let us know that she would be going off of how we dressed to the interview, how we answered the questions, and did we give eye contact. After everything was said and done she let us know that we would either get a phone call sometime in 2weeks to interview with the manager at the bank you would be working or a rejection email. I'm writing this review now because I don't believe anyone including me got the job lol

Interview Question – The most difficult was being put on the spot with the teller scenario. Not having any banking experience I found it difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a 2 phone interviews and then I had a f2f interview. After 2 days they offered the contracting position

Negotiation Details – They did not pay the market rate

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an invitation to a group interview the next day. Had group interview a few days later (3 applicants in my group). Received a phone call from recruiter before I even got home from the banking center, inviting me back for a panel interview the following week. Panel interview was 9 applicants, with 4 Branch Managers conducting the interview. Again I received a call back with an offer the same day. For the interview: Know why you want to work for the company, and give specific examples of why you would be a good fit. Focus on sales experience, and give examples of times you've gone above and beyond for a customer or a time you turned a negative experience into a positive. Quick role play at the end. They give you a card of bullet points to cover. Be personable and make the conversation natural and your own, instead of just reading off the card. The easiest way to sell yourself is to just be outgoing and non-mechanic.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo? Why would you be a good fit, based on your sales experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer will vary depending on location and experience. I was offered 40k and accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 124 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.