Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.8

Financial AnalystProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

They were all very friendly interviews. I initially applied online in December and wasn't contacted until late February. There were two phone interviews with recruiters and one in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews with various levels of employees including the Executive Vice President of the group. The questions were largely behavioral, because they know you're still in school and that the internship is supposed to be learning experience. Overall, everyone was very hospitable and friendly, but I would strongly recommend you do considerable amounts of preparation before each interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only technical question they asked through the different interviews was to explain the three accounting statements and how they work together.   Answer Question
    • Describe a task you were given when you completely missed your deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you completed that you think aligns with the job description of the internship.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team where there was a lot of disagreements, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay in touch with the financial markets?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process was surprisingly casual. I had 3 interviews in a month and the questions were easy. Felt like I did not perform quite well but got an offer that I finally declined.

Interview Questions
    • I've been asked about where I would see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary below expectations

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, took a test and received an email for a group interview the same day. I chose a time slot that was 5 days away so that I could have some time to prepare. I was pretty nervous about it since I had never done a group interview before and wasn't sure how to stand out in the crowd. Lucky for me, I was the only person scheduled for the interview that day. So the group interview actually because an one-on-one session.

The interview asked me a few standard questions starting with "Please introduce yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo", he then asked if I had encountered any difficult situations with a customers and how I resolved the problem. The third question was what was my biggest achievement professionally. I had prepared answers for all these questions, so I did pretty well. The interviewer then explained that he really liked me and implied that he would move my profile along. He informed me that the response could be longer than 5 days (max wait time for second interview.....if any) cause of the holidays. He gave me his business card and asked me to give me a call if I didn't hear back from them with 2 weeks. We then chatted for a couple minutes about holiday plans and stuff as a wrap-up. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I got a call from a branch manager the next day asking me to go in for the second interview. I'm very excited......haven't done the interview yet. I'll update this review with more information on it when I'm done with it next Monday.

Wish me luck, guys!

Interview Questions
    • If you spend 5 minutes on google, you will be able to collect all of the questions that might be asked at this interview. Nothing unexpected really.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

The only way to get into this company is making it past the group interview. If you aren't confident in yourself around another people you'd find the group interview very difficult. I'd suggest talking as much about yourself when you are given the opportunity to. There are anywhere from 2-13 people in the panel along with yourself...

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

A phone interview followed by an in person interview with 3 different people. It was all technical, basically they want to see if you know what you claim and also understand the fundamentals properly to solve an issue.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were to very relevant to the job profile I applied for. Do brush up your unix.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

One on-campus which was mostly fit, and only a couple basic technicals. The superday was 2 back to back 45 min interviews. It wasn't overly difficult, but some understanding of finance is needed. An MD and senior analyst spoke to me during all 3 interviews. It's very laid back, and if you miss a technical they will do their best to guide you through the process. They want to see your thought process. They will definitely ask you why banking.

Interview Questions
    • How do you value a small foreign tech company with no comparable transactions   View Answer
    Nope

Research Analyst and Research Manager Position (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Over the past two weeks, I have been contacted by two staffing agencies and one recruiter about two different positions at Wells Fargo. My comments focus around background information that I, as the candidate, was told I would have to provide in order to have my candidacy advance.

One staffing firm asked for my FULL SSN and MMDD while the other staffing firm asked for FULL SSN and FULL MMDDYY BEFORE an interview took place. Perhaps both agencies are competing to land a candidate at Wells Fargo but providing a SSN at this point of an interview process is not necessary and raises privacy and security concerns. Regarding a full birthdate -- depending upon your age, it allows the employer to be discriminatory. and rather unscrupulous.

The recruiter contacted me about a different position and said I had to provide two references before I would be considered for a contract job. I hesitated because I have not done this before for any position unless offered the job. Also, I do not want to exhaust my references to speak on my behalf when the likelihood of getting an interview is uncertain as well as my interest in the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for background information that raises privacy, security and discriminatory concerns.   View Answer

Regional Diverse Segments Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Panel interview. Be prepared to present powerpoint or written strategic overview on how you would manage the assigned territory. It should include strategies, tactics, resources and budget. It is valuable if you know the territory, the players, the areas that comprise the region and influencial resources that would contribute to the success of your management of the territory. Associations, affiliations, board positions with associated relative partners would be beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your strategy for increasing the penetration rate of low-to-moderate income and minority target markets as it relates to loan originations?   Answer Question
    Standard based on years of experience and credentials