Wells Fargo

117 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

SharePoint Business Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was slow. I got responses from the various levels of interviewers very slowly. I had to inquire with them many times. The technical interview went fine and then i got interview with the Director. It was totally not i would expect. It hypothetical situations, role play...for which i was not prepared (not in the mind set to do a role play with the Director i haven't met yet and give authentic replies that i will probably if i am working there.) I don't know if it a productive way to interview. I didn't go well and i was not offered the job...

Interview Question – Suppose you are the BA and the technical manager does not agree with you on the solution. He wants to build a Java application instead of using SharePoint. So how you go about talking to him?   View Answers (4)

Very Difficult Interview

ETL Lead Developer Interview

San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and In person Interview for 1 hour 30 mins

Interview Question – Data modeling, ETL Architecture and Datbase   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have declined offer after careful consideration. I was looking 15% more than what have offered.

Technology Project Coordinator Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for a job in the technology department. The interview was an hour and I spoke with the department manager who I was referred to by the senior vice president of that department. The interview was hard but fun and I gained a lot from it. I really liked how the manger asked questions about my experience to making sure I was a good fit for the position and the company.

We decided that the particular position she was hiring for was not the best fit for me but that there was a position in another department where I could be a good fit and work with a team. The call ended with a scheduled time for a follow for the position in the other department.

I had a great experience speaking with employees at Wells Fargo. I have experienced mutual support from the managers I have spoken with so far at the company and felt like there was a lot of team support.

I felt like the interview questions were challenging but that the employees and manager I spoke with were supportive and had a lot of integrity. I

'm excite and look forward to my follow up phone call and learning more about the company and position before my next interview.

Interview Question – What have I done and worked on from a technical perspective?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Developer VI Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2012.

Interview Details – It seemed like a pretty long interview. They give you a written test first, took about an hour to complete. Then you talk to four people for about a half hour each.

Interview Question – There are a lot of questions about database design and indexes in particular.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate anything.

Tier II IT Support Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – I passed the phone interview with flying colors and they called me in for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – They asked me lot of questions regarding server troubleshooting which I'm not too experienced with   Answer Question

Systems Analyst - Level IV Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details – I saw this position in Dice.com and contacted the resource supply agency. They did the initial screening. Then submitted the resume to the Client (Wells Fargo). Wells showed interest in my skill set and scheduled a phone interview. With 2 people on the phone it lasted for 50 mins. Then attended In-person interview 4 days later. 3 groups of 2 people in each interviewed. 1 Sr. QA Manager, 3 Team leads and 2 Sr. QA analysts. I've no idea regarding this. 1st round (lasted for 1hr) was really cool with lot of questions, 2nd one I really felt pressure because of the way it went. During second round, out of 1:15 mins, i was on the white board for about 1hr. 3rd round (lasted for 50mins) was not bad. Finally after 2 days, got the news that they hired me:-)

Interview Question – I can't point to one particular question....imagine how the interview was when you have 1hr phone call and 4.5 hrs In-Person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate...not my type.

Vice President Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2008.

Interview Details – Standard application process via web. Initial contact by HR which determines possible fit and appropriate level of experience for position. Initial interview conducted by phone by mid-level manager. Upon successful interview, meet with 3-4 people both senior and colleague to determine both fit for position and answer questions regarding position - in person.

Interview Question – Need to be knowledgeable about specific division of bank as well as overall banking and current banking situation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wells has rather strictly defined bands so salary is to a certain extent pre-determined based upon experience level.

Marketing Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very pleasant, travel arrangements were made to/from the interview location. Hiring managers were friendly and easy to talk with. Interview was focused on behavioral questions, no case questions, and lasted about 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable

Java Developer/Liferay Interview

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview with two techies that were looking for some super expert on Liferay although the position was advertised as Java Developer

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2010.

Interview Details – There would be a telephonic interview once the profile is selected. The interview would be for an hour. The next round would be a 1:1 interview and a written test of 2 hours would be conducted.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 117 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.