Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Operations Clerk (While Attending College) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Employee Referral Program credits internal employees for the recommendation of potential quality candidates. This was the circumstance that has given me the opportunity to start my career in the banking industry. Internal employee connection was already established that aided me with the simple interview process.

The simple interview process inquired about my goals and interests, along with any questions I have. Since I was a college student, I had little experience to ask specific questions. Nonetheless, I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager offered to answer any questions I may have about Wells Fargo, since I was still a college student.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview Group interview - then manager interview then district manager interview. They were understanding of time as I was applying for job out of state, I flew in and completed all interviews in one day

Interview Questions

• How do you build relationships   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process requires 3 steps: online application, group interview, and final (one-on-one) interview. The interview process and questions were about average. Training took the bulk of time before official start date within branch.

Interview Questions

• ...how comfortable are you and how well do you do in sales?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Lorenzo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Lorenzo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

2 step process.

1. I initially was contacted by the branch I applied for. An in-person interview was set up 2 days later. It was a panel interview, 2 service managers, and the branch manager. Questions that were asked went along the lines of past work history, work ethic, etc. Mainly focused on customer service. Some questions were based on sales experience, how would you meet your sales quota if you have 4 days to go, etc.

2. I was the contacted by the Wells Fargo recruiter to attend a group interview. Group was about 7-8 applicants. Introduced ourselves and talked about past work experience. Be as active as possible. You always want to stand out, like most group interviews they want to see enthusiasm not shyness.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irate customer? How would you meet your qouta with 4 days left in the quarter? What would you consider your greatest weakness is?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

interview process was pretty challenging. it took around 2 month. First was phone interview than group. after that i had interview with couple branch managers and final one was district manager. Main point is try to not to be nervous and answer questions fairly. Talk about your past customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• If your past jobs were goal oriented and if you were able to meet your goals?   Answer Question

Financial AnalystProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They were all very friendly interviews. I initially applied online in December and wasn't contacted until late February. There were two phone interviews with recruiters and one in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews with various levels of employees including the Executive Vice President of the group. The questions were largely behavioral, because they know you're still in school and that the internship is supposed to be learning experience. Overall, everyone was very hospitable and friendly, but I would strongly recommend you do considerable amounts of preparation before each interview.

Interview Questions

• Only technical question they asked through the different interviews was to explain the three accounting statements and how they work together.   Answer Question
    • Describe a task you were given when you completely missed your deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you completed that you think aligns with the job description of the internship.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team where there was a lot of disagreements, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay in touch with the financial markets?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process was surprisingly casual. I had 3 interviews in a month and the questions were easy. Felt like I did not perform quite well but got an offer that I finally declined.

Interview Questions

• I've been asked about where I would see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary below expectations

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I applied online, took a test and received an email for a group interview the same day. I chose a time slot that was 5 days away so that I could have some time to prepare. I was pretty nervous about it since I had never done a group interview before and wasn't sure how to stand out in the crowd. Lucky for me, I was the only person scheduled for the interview that day. So the group interview actually because an one-on-one session.

The interview asked me a few standard questions starting with "Please introduce yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo", he then asked if I had encountered any difficult situations with a customers and how I resolved the problem. The third question was what was my biggest achievement professionally. I had prepared answers for all these questions, so I did pretty well. The interviewer then explained that he really liked me and implied that he would move my profile along. He informed me that the response could be longer than 5 days (max wait time for second interview.....if any) cause of the holidays. He gave me his business card and asked me to give me a call if I didn't hear back from them with 2 weeks. We then chatted for a couple minutes about holiday plans and stuff as a wrap-up. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I got a call from a branch manager the next day asking me to go in for the second interview. I'm very excited......haven't done the interview yet. I'll update this review with more information on it when I'm done with it next Monday.

Wish me luck, guys!

Interview Questions

• If you spend 5 minutes on google, you will be able to collect all of the questions that might be asked at this interview. Nothing unexpected really.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Vacaville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The only way to get into this company is making it past the group interview. If you aren't confident in yourself around another people you'd find the group interview very difficult. I'd suggest talking as much about yourself when you are given the opportunity to. There are anywhere from 2-13 people in the panel along with yourself...

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

3 interviews, really just interested in your numbers. Want to see production reports and w2 from pay years and year to date income to see if you are a producer

Interview Questions

• They want to know where your biz comes from. They want to know what your now bringing in the door and weekday your present commission are year to date   1 Answer

Negotiation

I worked with a recruiter and got a great start up package. Had a wonderful team I went to work with. Unfortunately most of them disbanded and left. I should have seen the writing and left earlier than I did.