Wells Fargo

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview process was surprisingly casual. I had 3 interviews in a month and the questions were easy. Felt like I did not perform quite well but got an offer that I finally declined.

Interview Questions
    • I've been asked about where I would see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary below expectations

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, took a test and received an email for a group interview the same day. I chose a time slot that was 5 days away so that I could have some time to prepare. I was pretty nervous about it since I had never done a group interview before and wasn't sure how to stand out in the crowd. Lucky for me, I was the only person scheduled for the interview that day. So the group interview actually because an one-on-one session.

The interview asked me a few standard questions starting with "Please introduce yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo", he then asked if I had encountered any difficult situations with a customers and how I resolved the problem. The third question was what was my biggest achievement professionally. I had prepared answers for all these questions, so I did pretty well. The interviewer then explained that he really liked me and implied that he would move my profile along. He informed me that the response could be longer than 5 days (max wait time for second interview.....if any) cause of the holidays. He gave me his business card and asked me to give me a call if I didn't hear back from them with 2 weeks. We then chatted for a couple minutes about holiday plans and stuff as a wrap-up. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I got a call from a branch manager the next day asking me to go in for the second interview. I'm very excited......haven't done the interview yet. I'll update this review with more information on it when I'm done with it next Monday.

Wish me luck, guys!

Interview Questions
    • If you spend 5 minutes on google, you will be able to collect all of the questions that might be asked at this interview. Nothing unexpected really.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

The only way to get into this company is making it past the group interview. If you aren't confident in yourself around another people you'd find the group interview very difficult. I'd suggest talking as much about yourself when you are given the opportunity to. There are anywhere from 2-13 people in the panel along with yourself...

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

3 interviews, really just interested in your numbers. Want to see production reports and w2 from pay years and year to date income to see if you are a producer

Interview Questions
    • They want to know where your biz comes from. They want to know what your now bringing in the door and weekday your present commission are year to date   View Answer
    I worked with a recruiter and got a great start up package. Had a wonderful team I went to work with. Unfortunately most of them disbanded and left. I should have seen the writing and left earlier than I did.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

One on-campus which was mostly fit, and only a couple basic technicals. The superday was 2 back to back 45 min interviews. It wasn't overly difficult, but some understanding of finance is needed. An MD and senior analyst spoke to me during all 3 interviews. It's very laid back, and if you miss a technical they will do their best to guide you through the process. They want to see your thought process. They will definitely ask you why banking.

Interview Questions
    • How do you value a small foreign tech company with no comparable transactions   View Answer
    Nope

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Since the hiring manager already knew me, the interview went fast and smooth. I already spent time working with the department that ultimately hired me so I was familiar with their business needs.

Since most of the jobs at Wells Fargo are structured within salaries ranges, the final compensation was fairly easy to determine.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

I was being called to go to San Leandro to take the on-site interview, the guy asked me more Java-core related questions like multithreading(how join(), synchronized being used), collections(linked-list), and also javascript question, they are using YUI3, so he asked me How to write a module.
    After the interview, about 3 days passed, my consulting company called me they wanted to give me a offer to work in wells Fargo

Interview Questions
    • Collections, I knew linked-list, hashMap, But I didnot know they was being called as collections   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

A phone interview followed by an in person interview with 3 different people. It was all technical, basically they want to see if you know what you claim and also understand the fundamentals properly to solve an issue.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were to very relevant to the job profile I applied for. Do brush up your unix.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.