Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

133 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems QA Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

The Interview process was very interesting QA lead took my first round Face to Face and initially he explained me about the project and process in company and then asked me to tell him from my experience i would be helpful or contribute to project.
    Second Round was with Hiring Manager who mostly asked me about my career path and other Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • First round can be little tricky as there are no direct technical questions from the Lead they come as you answer the questions along the way during interview.   Answer Question
    Smooth

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

I submitted an application online and was prompted to choose a group interview time. I selected a date (for about a week later) and arrived at the location. Once I was there, there were about 6 candidates and one main person doing the interview. There was a manager from one of the branches sitting in on the interview and spoke briefly about working in her location and how she has moved up. We listened to information and filed out a sheet with our availabilities on it and watched a video. After about 30-45 minutes we had to go around the table and answer three questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had a difficult customer and you made a sale   Answer Question

Communications Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

I was placed through an agency, and after one interview with the hiring manager, who was a VP, and my project supervisor, I received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was your role in the enterprise-wide strategic rollout of an elearning application?   Answer Question

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Filled out the application online and after doing the online test and passing that I received an email a couple of hours later to set up an interview time the following week. It was a group interview with about 11 people which took two hours. We each had to talk about our work experience and why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo. We then watched a 10min video about Wells Fargo about what it is to be a teller at Wells Fargo. The recruiter was pretty straight forward, letting us know she was looking for the best of the best. If your a job hopper, it's not a good look. If you didn't have customer service skills/cashier then maybe it wouldn't be for you since you do have to try to sale Credit cards, checking/checking accounts if they don't have one. During the interview each person had to play a teller scenario which to me was the hardest part and seem to be hard for everyone else but for one person who worked at Wells Fargo before. She let us know that she would be going off of how we dressed to the interview, how we answered the questions, and did we give eye contact. After everything was said and done she let us know that we would either get a phone call sometime in 2weeks to interview with the manager at the bank you would be working or a rejection email. I'm writing this review now because I don't believe anyone including me got the job lol

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was being put on the spot with the teller scenario. Not having any banking experience I found it difficult.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Applied online. Received an invitation to a group interview the next day. Had group interview a few days later (3 applicants in my group). Received a phone call from recruiter before I even got home from the banking center, inviting me back for a panel interview the following week. Panel interview was 9 applicants, with 4 Branch Managers conducting the interview. Again I received a call back with an offer the same day. For the interview: Know why you want to work for the company, and give specific examples of why you would be a good fit. Focus on sales experience, and give examples of times you've gone above and beyond for a customer or a time you turned a negative experience into a positive. Quick role play at the end. They give you a card of bullet points to cover. Be personable and make the conversation natural and your own, instead of just reading off the card. The easiest way to sell yourself is to just be outgoing and non-mechanic.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo? Why would you be a good fit, based on your sales experience?   View Answer
    Offer will vary depending on location and experience. I was offered 40k and accepted.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Good, only drawback is there is lack of technical people to interview the right candidates. So there are only few interviewers qualified to ask technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to know java scripting and UI for back-end Java job.   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Intern - Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

I was invited to interview for this position through my campuses career center. the company invited all the applicants to a reception at the HQ in SF the night before the interviews. the interviews were mostly fit and accounting questions. i heard back from them in 3 days and was invited to interview at the commercial banking HQ in Oakland. i received my offer 2 days later!

Interview Questions
    • What single financial statement would you choose to value a company and why?   View Answer
    i didnt negotiate

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Phone screen with HR. About as dry as it gets, very scripted questions, no flow of conversation, took about 35 minutes, she then read a mile of information about the company, position, and manager. Said they would notify all candidates in one week as to whether they were moving on or not, didn't hear anything. 1.5 months later got an email saying candidacy was terminated - um, duh?

Tier II IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

I passed the phone interview with flying colors and they called me in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me lot of questions regarding server troubleshooting which I'm not too experienced with   Answer Question

Registered Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2011.

The application is online. A pre-screen phone interview is conducted first with basic questions on how certain situations were handled while on a previous job. If the phone screen goes well, then a group face-to-face interview is set up at the Redwood City, CA location. The interviewer will ask the situational questions again such as, "tell me about a time where you didn't reach your goals, so what did you do?" The interviewer will also go over your resume. If the recruiter likes you, then you will be forwarded to one of the managers of a store to interview with him or her.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall the most difficult question, for the questions were straightforward.   Answer Question
    Base pay offer is approximately $18.00 without prior banking experience, and prior to the licenses.