Wells Fargo

145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied through on-campus site. Had a phone interview then an in-office interview. Then got the job offer.

Interview Questions
    didn't negotiate but probably should've.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2013.

Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   View Answer
    Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group interview format. Was with three other applicants and two recruiters. Interview was pretty simple. We watched a corporate video describing the position, and went around the table answering some basic questions. It seemed that the recruiter was not terribly engaged in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you offered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

ETL Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Phone Interview and In person Interview for 1 hour 30 mins

Interview Questions

I have declined offer after careful consideration. I was looking 15% more than what have offered.

Communications Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

I was placed through an agency, and after one interview with the hiring manager, who was a VP, and my project supervisor, I received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was your role in the enterprise-wide strategic rollout of an elearning application?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

I submitted an application online and was prompted to choose a group interview time. I selected a date (for about a week later) and arrived at the location. Once I was there, there were about 6 candidates and one main person doing the interview. There was a manager from one of the branches sitting in on the interview and spoke briefly about working in her location and how she has moved up. We listened to information and filed out a sheet with our availabilities on it and watched a video. After about 30-45 minutes we had to go around the table and answer three questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had a difficult customer and you made a sale   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

I was being called to go to San Leandro to take the on-site interview, the guy asked me more Java-core related questions like multithreading(how join(), synchronized being used), collections(linked-list), and also javascript question, they are using YUI3, so he asked me How to write a module.
    After the interview, about 3 days passed, my consulting company called me they wanted to give me a offer to work in wells Fargo

Interview Questions
    • Collections, I knew linked-list, hashMap, But I didnot know they was being called as collections   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

As a new hire who has used this website for more than just interview tips, etc, I feel compelled to write at least a little something on what my hiring experience was.

The application process is fairly simple. You apply online and from there, you may or may not be selected to interview. FYI: if you have any criminal record regarding theft, or anything of that nature, you wont pass the background check. This seems to be pretty stringent, as one might imagine, as you are applying for a position at a bank.

I applied to a branch in San Francisco from Los Angeles. I applied to actually a few different branches around LA, but I was selected to interview for branches in SF. The interview process is very basic. It consists of basically three parts: group interview, (this step seems to vary case by case) panel interview, interview with manager/ district manager.

The group interview was very standard. There were 8 of us in our group, three made it, and we were each asked two questions- pretty standard. The two questions were primarily based on customer service and sales. (Goals achieved and what you've done in each). This took some time, over an hour, but was a lot less in dept that I had imagined it would be. After this process, granted you are selected to proceed, you will be contacted within a few days to interview again.

I did not interview with a group panel. This goes next for some, apparently not for others.

I interviewed with my assistant manager and manager of the branch fairly soon after. The questions seemed to be relatively standard. Why do you want to be at wells, where do you see your self, sell me your phone, etc etc. If you have made it to this point, I believe you have a pretty good shot at landing the job.

The interview process took almost a month because of the down time. Wells seems to have a fairly quick process, but its not to go without saying whoever is hiring you will definitely have an impact on whether or not your process is expedited.

Confidence is key; youre applying for a sales / customer service position, you should be able to sell yourself to your interviewers. They know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were almost non existent. I asked how much average bankers made and was informed a number. I was moving out from LA, though, and I requested a slightly higher amount. I was counter-offered by a number marginally higher than i had requested.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Panel of 3 people interview. Asked alot of behavioral questions with various scenarios.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Applied online, took the assessment test, had an interview with HR, had 2 interviews with 2 different managers from a separate branch.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, sell 2 pen, why do you want this position instead of personal banker   Answer Question