Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to a group interview the next day. Had group interview a few days later (3 applicants in my group). Received a phone call from recruiter before I even got home from the banking center, inviting me back for a panel interview the following week. Panel interview was 9 applicants, with 4 Branch Managers conducting the interview. Again I received a call back with an offer the same day. For the interview: Know why you want to work for the company, and give specific examples of why you would be a good fit. Focus on sales experience, and give examples of times you've gone above and beyond for a customer or a time you turned a negative experience into a positive. Quick role play at the end. They give you a card of bullet points to cover. Be personable and make the conversation natural and your own, instead of just reading off the card. The easiest way to sell yourself is to just be outgoing and non-mechanic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo? Why would you be a good fit, based on your sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer will vary depending on location and experience. I was offered 40k and accepted.

Summer Financial Analyst Intern - Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Oakland, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was invited to interview for this position through my campuses career center. the company invited all the applicants to a reception at the HQ in SF the night before the interviews. the interviews were mostly fit and accounting questions. i heard back from them in 3 days and was invited to interview at the commercial banking HQ in Oakland. i received my offer 2 days later!

Interview Questions

• What single financial statement would you choose to value a company and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didnt negotiate

Tier II IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I passed the phone interview with flying colors and they called me in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me lot of questions regarding server troubleshooting which I'm not too experienced with   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

interview process was pretty challenging. it took around 2 month. First was phone interview than group. after that i had interview with couple branch managers and final one was district manager. Main point is try to not to be nervous and answer questions fairly. Talk about your past customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• If your past jobs were goal oriented and if you were able to meet your goals?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. About as dry as it gets, very scripted questions, no flow of conversation, took about 35 minutes, she then read a mile of information about the company, position, and manager. Said they would notify all candidates in one week as to whether they were moving on or not, didn't hear anything. 1.5 months later got an email saying candidacy was terminated - um, duh?

Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Applied through on-campus site. Had a phone interview then an in-office interview. Then got the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didn't negotiate but probably should've.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Group interview format. Was with three other applicants and two recruiters. Interview was pretty simple. We watched a corporate video describing the position, and went around the table answering some basic questions. It seemed that the recruiter was not terribly engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you offered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

ETL Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Leandro, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview and In person Interview for 1 hour 30 mins

Interview Questions

I have declined offer after careful consideration. I was looking 15% more than what have offered.

Communications Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was placed through an agency, and after one interview with the hiring manager, who was a VP, and my project supervisor, I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in the enterprise-wide strategic rollout of an elearning application?   Answer Question