Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.5

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process was quick, collegial and not terribly challenging. This might have been because they were desperate to hire new employees. They experience heavy staff turnover. The process starts with a phone interview who screened for minimum experience & skills. A 2 on 1 interview quickly followed (hiring manager and her boss) with a job offer within 48 hours.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, process took about 2 weeks. Group interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First apply online then they send you an assesment link if you pass the assesment they will ask you to select interview date and then you attend group interview if you are consider further you will go for one on one interview and then if you are lucky enough you are selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• I haven't found any yet as I just finished my group interview today   1 Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

so long ago much has changed.. apply online wait for a group interview.. pass that go to a one on one interview with a manager at a branch. my process took months to complete. for many it can be about a month or so. patience is needed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.. i just took it

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Diverse Segments Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview and hand a panel interview. All of it happened in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 3 personal questions related to your work or school experience. Use examples when answering a question and joke around don't be too serious.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation only one offer $15/hr.

CSSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online, few days later got an email to schedule a group interview. The group interview only consisted 2 other people wanting the same position. The cool part was that they applied at a different city than I did. First they have you introduce yourself and where you last/currently work at and why wells fargo. After they ask you a question about a time you gave great customer service and the next question was about sales. They wanted to know when you had a sales goal, how did you achieved it, and what did you overcome by achieving it. After 30mins the interview was over. We all pass and was told that they will email us with the next steps, They called me a week later and scheduled an interview with the branch manager. He asked a lot of questions about customer service and sales. After I left he called me 10mins later and offer me the job!

Interview Questions

• none. standard interview questions about your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not one because they offer me more than I thought I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Morgan Hill, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an appt for a phone interview at 1220 to 1240. The recruiter did not call till 1226, which was fine with me. She read a description of the job from the original post, and asked questions that are already posted on here. The whole process lasted about 12 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important that you work in the financial industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Called the toll number, which turned out to be a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was emailed telling me what the next process was, which was a group interview. I called the number to schedule my group interview for the following week. The recruiter was about five minutes late to this interview. At the group interview, the recruiter asked us to introduce ourselves & why did we pick Wells Fargo. There was about 8 other people. Second question was explain a time you went above & beyond for a customer. Third question was how did you deal with an angry customer. At the end of the group interview, she passed a paper around that had 2 lines that normal tellers would have to say on a daily basis (scripts). She went around and asked us to read one out of the 2 lines. About 2 weeks later, the recruiter called me and told me that they wanted to go ahead and interview me for my 2:1 however, there were no positions open at the time so she will call me when there was one available. A week after that, I received the call and she asked me to pick from one of two locations. She sent me an email describing that it would be a 2:1 & listed the service manager & store managers' names as well. This interview is why I think my experience would be "negative". My 2:1 interview actually got changed to a 1 on 1 interview with only the service manager. He took me to a small room where we sat side by side like we were taking a test (awkward) and he asked me questions like 'How would you sell me a new product? How would you deal with an angry customer? What does your schedule look like? What do your friends tell you about the company? He also kept mentioning that it is a very sales based job, and that they report numbers on a daily basis. Throughout my interview, he kept flipping through my application that he printed out & kept looking for questions to ask me. This interview lasted about 15 minutes, 5 minutes would probably be him flipping the papers. After he ran out of questions, he told me to wait there to see if the store manager would like to interview me. He came back and said, "No, he said hes good" which I think is a little rude because that was the STORE MANAGER. If i was hired I would be working for him in particular. Right off the bat, I had a feeling I wasted my time even coming to the interview. About a week & a half later, I got an email saying they went with someone else.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I did the online application. Did the screening never got a call for an interview.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy. Took 4 rounds of interviews. Accepted the job fresh out of college. Not bad, but it seems to be getting worse. Phone interview, then a group interview. Group interview was a piece of cake, no real effort required. Last round of interviews involved the branch manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Boring, not really a question of intelligence, rather how aggressively you can sell.