Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

Interview Details – First you apply through the website. After you get a screening with recruiting. If you pass that, they will schedule your panel interview with the store manager and upper management.

Interview Question – Specific details regarding audit.   Answer Question

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Phone interview determines applicant's general phone and personal skills. Interview is question format mainly to gather information about work history as well as set expectations for the position applied.
Second is a group interview. The interview for managers, usually includes district management as well as management of the store with the current posting.

Interview Question – Most questions for management revolves around current work experience and examples of success for sales as well as coaching other team members in their career advancement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible. Maximum without regional approval is 95% of midpoint for the position.

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a Store Manager and an HR rep

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – Just takes time. Phone interview, group interview, one on one interview, and then background check...once that is complete training is anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks and is pretty informative for the most part. Recruting goes through a third party so it is a little difficult to actually get hired on

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo Bank   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – You have to apply online, then you usually go through an online assessment. HR will contact you if you move on to the next step. Hr then completes and interview and if you pass that you move on to interview with someone at the branch. They will be looking for sales experience. It is the #1 priority along with a great attitude.

Interview Question – They will want SPECIFIC answers to questions. Be prepared to explain in detail the answers to questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer that I was happy with and I accepted. They sent me an offer letter which I had to sign and send back to HR

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Good communication, interview was nothing out of the norm. typical questions

Interview Question – difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none too much

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Its really just to screen out people who have no qualifications for the job.

Interview Question – What are your 3 best and worst attributes. Come on. That is so played out. Be original.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave hourly wage, I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview and waiting just about a month. I got an email of them going with another candidate. I interviewed for this job as well as a Personal Banker. Its a shame they have almost 100 openings in my area for bankers and they are too selective, despite the high turnover and low salary. Process is too lengthy to waste time waiting when you can be applying for other banks. HR does not return phone calls when contacted. Unorganized!

New Haven, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two people asked what if/ what would you do type questions. Small chat to get to know

Interview Question – What would you do to help your team make referals   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money tot title

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview Details – They use different processes at different times. Usually involved a phone interview, then a panel interview, then a one on one intereview if you are coming from outside the company. Internal promotions are handled differently at different times, and can involve any of the types of interviews listed above

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Service Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.