Wells Fargo Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The process starts out online and will transition to a telephone interview. An assessment is often sent out to candidates depending upon the position applied for. Next step would be a group or individual interview before moving toward selection. Recruiters are great about answering questions about the position and process.
STAR interview model is used.
Process moves fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
  • As long as one is prepared for the type of interview model, there should be no difficulty.
    Research the model before hand.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply through Internet. Schedule sit down with District Manager and Community Bank President. Asked very specific questions regarding employee performance and relations issues. If I wasn't hired, it may have been inappropriate to discuss current co workers performance inconsistencies. Two hour interview. Follow up regarding when a decision would be made was very vague.

None

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

They mislead you promising great pay and bonus. The goals are so high it is impossible to reach. The only ones making goal are unethical ones

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an underperformed. What steps did you take to get rid of them   Answer Question

Talking to employees about their work experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

I was contacted within 1 week of applying at Wells Fargo. I had an inital phone interview, consisting of about 15 minutes of general questions. Then I had a face-to-face interview with 2 team members, which was about 45 minutes long and pretty intense. Afterwards, I had one more phone interview and then was offered the job. The recruiter was in constant contact with me. I had an overall good experience with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are scenario based but since I have been in banking for 10 years, it was not difficult.   Answer Question
    They made an offer and I accepted it. I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Immediate focus on leadership skills. Testing your ability to work under pressure and non-stop role play. Get ready to sell your best and prepare the questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you would be a store owner what would you sell?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you got the position. What would be your plan for the next 7 days?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 10% raise, Period

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

I already had a position and it was a transfer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time you had to motivate a team   Answer Question
    Very smmoth no other job in town, they matched my saary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

This interview came as an internal application. I was a manager at a smaller, less sophisticated branch in a different market. Once I got the initial interview it was done with two levels of management via telephone. Later I was flown to Miami to meet my direct supervisor and had what was truly an all day interview and visit in the market. Two days after I flew home I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a performance gap. What steps did you take to close the gap?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to coach an employee to improve their performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

Interview with two district managers, STAR method very important. Situation/Task, Action, Result

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a banker who has been with the company 26 years and has some really great quarters, and some really bad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hockessin, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hockessin, DE

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Standard phone screen, 1:1 behavioral based interview

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging sales goal you have had?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Depend on DM, if old Wachovia, just smile and nod

Interview Questions
    • "I was told few applicants wanted to work for wells fargo after the interview."   Answer Question
    I ltold them I want more money they gave it to me.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!