Wells Fargo

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Be as honest as possible. Identify experiences. Initial screening with hr rep over the phone. Then referred for face to face interview with district manager. Two interviews only then offer.

Didn't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Application accepted onlne only. After passing initial screening you are contacted by a recruiting for a phone interview. After successful completion you have a face to face interview with your potential manager. Standardized questionaire with no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions center around you explaining how you have handled situations in the past.   Answer Question
    no negotiation on pay and benefits

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The process starts out online and will transition to a telephone interview. An assessment is often sent out to candidates depending upon the position applied for. Next step would be a group or individual interview before moving toward selection. Recruiters are great about answering questions about the position and process.
    STAR interview model is used.
    Process moves fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • As long as one is prepared for the type of interview model, there should be no difficulty.
      Research the model before hand.

Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply through Internet. Schedule sit down with District Manager and Community Bank President. Asked very specific questions regarding employee performance and relations issues. If I wasn't hired, it may have been inappropriate to discuss current co workers performance inconsistencies. Two hour interview. Follow up regarding when a decision would be made was very vague.

None

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

They mislead you promising great pay and bonus. The goals are so high it is impossible to reach. The only ones making goal are unethical ones

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an underperformed. What steps did you take to get rid of them   Answer Question

Talking to employees about their work experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2011.

Interview with two district managers, STAR method very important. Situation/Task, Action, Result

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a banker who has been with the company 26 years and has some really great quarters, and some really bad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2011.

Immediate focus on leadership skills. Testing your ability to work under pressure and non-stop role play. Get ready to sell your best and prepare the questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you would be a store owner what would you sell?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you got the position. What would be your plan for the next 7 days?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 10% raise, Period

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

This interview came as an internal application. I was a manager at a smaller, less sophisticated branch in a different market. Once I got the initial interview it was done with two levels of management via telephone. Later I was flown to Miami to meet my direct supervisor and had what was truly an all day interview and visit in the market. Two days after I flew home I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a performance gap. What steps did you take to close the gap?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to coach an employee to improve their performance.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Applied online and was then given a telephone interview for a Teller position. Was determined to be "overqualifed" and referred to Regional Manager for consideration as a Customer Service Manager. Interviewed by a panel of two (suppose to be three however third person local store mgr resigned). Was again deemed "over qualifed. Asked to consider applying for Store Mgr. position. Interviewed again by two Regional Managers. Advised that I would be contact by Friday with results. Two weeks later I contacted them. They advised that a late entrant ocurred and that I would hear by end of week. Contacted them again two weeks later and they advised they selected the late entrant. Now they want me to reapply for the Customer Service Manager's position. I haven't seen them meet any deadline they themselves established. Their Store is in turmoil (their words), they aren't living up to their company's strategic initative of Communicating (both ways). It's quite clear that the problems affecting Wells Fargo are not at the store level but with Mid-Level Management and above. High local turnover is the sympton. Poor Mid-Level Management is the source of the sympton.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

I already had a position and it was a transfer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time you had to motivate a team   Answer Question
    Very smmoth no other job in town, they matched my saary