Wells Fargo Summer Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Questions
no negotiation for summer internship

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

My first interview was conducted on my campus by a team of two relationship managers from their office. The first interview followed a script which included answering some analytical questions along with some behavioral questions. I had actually prepared beforehand utilizing some of the questions from Glassdoor which helped immensely. Following this, I got a call to schedule a final interview at the office. I was competing with two other students for the role. During the final interview I interviewed for about 2 hours, rotating between groups of 2 or 3 employees of all different roles. The main concern here was to see if I was a good fit for the company. Most of these interviews consisted of explaining my resume and asking questions about the company and the employee's experiences. The day after these interviews I got a call saying I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • What financial statements would you want to look at to decide if you would lend to a company? (Or something like that, be sure to brush up on the different financial statements and what they're used for)   Answer Question
    The hourly salary was not negotiable as it was standard for all summer financial analysts (it's a huge program)

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied on career website in November. Was notified of first round phone interview early January. Had information session then 1st round on phone. Interviewer was very supportive. Interview is transcribed and sent to superiors for analysis and decision making. Interviewer can merely recommend you (no decisions made by interviewer). Expect about 5 questions mostly behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Explain how do the three financial statements tie together   View Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hardest part is getting your foot in the door. Wells Fargo recruits at very specific schools and does not look much at people from other places. Networking is a must to get in. Once your resume has been positively reviewed, you will have one phone interview (or on-campus interview), then a super day, before getting an internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just remember, cash is king. There were not many technical questions.   Answer Question
    Nada.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

The first interview process is on campus interview, and if they decided to move you forward then it is a second round at a divisional office. The offer should come within a week after the second if they decided to bring you on.

Interview Questions
    • The first interview isn't all behavior questions that most people would expect for an internship. It also contained a lot of accounting an finance questions.   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Heavy on accounting principles - relationship between the 4 statements and which is the most important

Interview Questions
    • What might you look at to guage the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was recruited by an on campus recruiter. There was a series of 6 interviews, 30 minutes each. Two interviewers per room. The company wanted a sense of business intellect and the ability to communicate. All interviewers wanted us to be ourselves. It was more of a friendly conversation. Wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation involving a co-worker who was difficult to work with and how you overcame this difficulty.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!