Wells Fargo

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.8

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

The group interview was poor. It makes many people feel on edge. You can tell who has experience and who doesn't, yet it only matters if you know someone to get hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

During the interview they will ask you questions and you have to answer it in this format STAR(Situation Task you took and the end Result). They asked several questions during the group interview such as What was one of your greatest accomplishments and explained the steps you took to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was name me a time when you had a difficult customer   View Answers (3)
    The pay rate could not be negotiated

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hiring process is very long. I had a online screening passed it and within a week received an invitation to a group interview. I did well enough to get a interview at a Wells Fargo near me a few weeks later. I did well with this interview as well however it took them months to respond to me as to whether they decided to hire me or not. They told me two weeks.
    I also have constantly asked my recruiter for updates and she could provide no such information. I did everything right follow up emails, eye contact, looked presentable and my resume was tailored made for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Filled out the application online and after doing the online test and passing that I received an email a couple of hours later to set up an interview time the following week. It was a group interview with about 11 people which took two hours. We each had to talk about our work experience and why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo. We then watched a 10min video about Wells Fargo about what it is to be a teller at Wells Fargo. The recruiter was pretty straight forward, letting us know she was looking for the best of the best. If your a job hopper, it's not a good look. If you didn't have customer service skills/cashier then maybe it wouldn't be for you since you do have to try to sale Credit cards, checking/checking accounts if they don't have one. During the interview each person had to play a teller scenario which to me was the hardest part and seem to be hard for everyone else but for one person who worked at Wells Fargo before. She let us know that she would be going off of how we dressed to the interview, how we answered the questions, and did we give eye contact. After everything was said and done she let us know that we would either get a phone call sometime in 2weeks to interview with the manager at the bank you would be working or a rejection email. I'm writing this review now because I don't believe anyone including me got the job lol

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was being put on the spot with the teller scenario. Not having any banking experience I found it difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Monmouth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Monmouth, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

I applied directly on the website and was prompted to take the assessment immediately after. The assessment was pretty basic and simple. They are interested in people with sales and customer service experience so if you have that then definitely highlight that. After the assessment I was prompted to select a phone interview appointment from the days/times they had available. My phone interview took place shortly after and I spoke with the recruiter who asked me basic questions about my resume. It went well and then I was sent to interview with a branch manager and a service manager. About a week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a sales goal that you couldn't reach and how.   View Answer
    • What would you do if your drawer was short?   View Answer
    They offered me the highest rate for a Teller based on my experience.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

Had a group interview first with about 20 other people. Only 3 questions were asked, and they were all behavioral. About a month later I got a call back to interview at a local branch. I was introduced to the Branch Manager, but interviewed with the Service Manager. It was easy.

Interview Questions
    • You're basically in after you pass the group interview..questions were very simple. 1) Talk about a positive customer service experience 2) Talk about a time when you got a great sale 3) Tell about yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

Applied online April 25th, Got group inteview appt. for April 30th, and was called 3 hours after, and given 1:1 interview on May 3rd. Was called 20 minutes after interview and offered job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. If you are inexperienced, you are given $10.00/hour. If you have experience, you get between .50 to $1.00 more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

After submitting all online application details, you need to call a number given to have you're own phone interview. They ask a lot of scenario questions, how to deal with a difficult situation? How did you go above and beyond your job duties? If you successfully pass this phone screening then you will be contacted by a recruiter via email to attend a Group Interview. At the group interview there are about 20-25 candidates, and the questions are asked to all and then everyone answers upon your turn. Usually currently hiring managers are the ones asking the questions. If any of the managers have an interest for you they can interview you on the spot, or set a second interview with you at the bank branch. At the branch interview you have the interview with the Store Manager and Service Manager. Again many situational questions.