Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

646 interviews

2.6

646 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Phone interview, followed by another phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Interview was with two managers in an office setting, they seemed preoccupied and busy. Seemed to stress importance of sales and candidates ability to meet sales goals

Interview Questions
    • Asked about sales experience, strengths and weaknesses at former job, how to handle difficult customers etc   Answer Question

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and immediately filled out an online screening. If you do well on the screening it prompts you to select a time for a group interview. The group interview was at the headquarters with a Wells Fargo recruiter and about 12 applicants. The questions were pretty simple. We went around the room and introduced ourselves and explained why we chose Wells Fargo. They like for your To emphasize their focus on customer service. Sales experience also looks good. There were about two other questions: Explain a time when you provided excellent customer service and a time where you had to solve a problem. I got a call back less than an hour later scheduling an interview with a branch manager and service manager. That interview was two days later. They asked more in depth questions about my previous experiences with customer service and sales experience as well as the same questions that were asked in the group interview. I didn't have any previous sales experience and was honest about that but expressed my interest in learning their process and how my previous customer service experience would tie in with sales. Be prepared to answer with specific examples and be sure to have copies of your resume. I got a call back the next day with a job offer. They do group training classes and I was placed in the next available class which was about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you provided excellent customer service and a time you solved a problem.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. They were very clear up front about the hours and salary.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

There were two interviews that took place. The first was a group interview at the HR office. There were 12 in the group I was in, all of us applied for a teller position, but at different locations. It was pretty simple, more of an introduction to the job than an interview. There were only five questions asked, all about previous experience and how you solve problems or overcome issues at work. From there, if selected to continue, a second interview takes place at the branch that wants to hire you with the manager and service managers. Both interviews were pretty basic, asking about experience and background, how you can contribute to sales to the branch, which is extremely important.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest thing with Wells Fargo is sales, so be prepared to give examples of your past sales experience (if any) and how you would go about selling to customers.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Process started with online assessment if passed automatically directed to schedule group interview on-line and from there a 1:1 interview with stores who chose you. It was a little tedious picking the branch and hoping the branch you preferred liked you as well

No negotiation

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

First interview is phone interview. If the interviewer likes what they here, you proceed to a group interview where they ask you very basic questions to see how you interact. Branch representatives are there listening in to see if you would be a good fit at the their branch. If you pass the group interview, you then have an interview with a branch manager.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

I had a total of three interviews. When applying online, you will have to pass an online assessment, which is very easy. If you pass the test, they automatically will send you an appointment date and time for your group interview. I found the group interview easy. Everybody will answer 3 questions out loud. Just remember to think of examples from your previous jobs that will show your experience with customer service. If you pass that group interview, then they will call you for a one-to-one interview in the same office, but with directly with the branch managers.

That second interview I found a little harder because besides asking the typical interview questions, we had to do role play with the managers. They will make you do role play with 2 managers, and both have to agree to hire you. The recruiter called me that day and told me that I made it through. However, that was not the end. I was assigned a branch 9 miles from my house and was told to go for a third and last interview at the branch. I went and got interviewed by the branch manager and service manager. They asked me similar questions to the ones from the previous interviews. They were two super nice young females and I felt I did well. They called me a day later and offered me the job. I accepted.

Some questions I can remember:
    Why do you wanna work for WF?
    Why do you want to be a teller?
    What challenge have you have had in your previous jobs with a customer and how did you solve it?
    How would you handle an angry customer?

Interview Questions
    • What is a experience that you went out of your way to help a customer? What did you do? How did that help you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Angola, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Angola, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

I applied online, three days later I got an email to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview on a Thursday, phone interview went great. They told me they would call me back if they'd like to schedule a second round face-to-face interview. They called be a couple hours later to set up the second interview. I had the second interview on the following monday. Interview was an hour long and there were a lot of questions. They told me they would call me the following week to let me know whether they had interest or not in placing me in the position. I got a call on the following Thursday letting me know they were interested in giving me the position. All in all, quick, painless process!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer acted uninterested in talking to you, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

The interview process was fairly easy. There was only HR lady interviewing and about six candidates other than myself. We watch the Wells Fargo video, she asked us about 5 questions each (going around the room) and then she just gave us a slight break down of what being a teller is like.

Straight forward, $13/hr

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and a few days later received an email saying to schedule my group interview. At the group interview there were about 10 others including myself. The recruiter first explained the position and what makes a good teller. She also told us what questions she was going to ask us so we could write down our answers to make us less nervous. The questions were based mainly on customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

The training program conflicted with my school schedule

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!