Wells Fargo

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.6

693 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
  • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   Answer Question
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   Answer Question
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

I got a phone call, saying that they want a phone interview. The questions were pretty similar to any other customer oriented job positions. "Give me an example of a customer who was unhappy with your service and how you overcame it." or "Give me an example of a successful customer service." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Coming up with specific example at the moment on the spot was pretty hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

It was very easy for me because I had previous banking experience. Questions on customer service and examples of sales. One of the advantages of working for Wells Fargo is that they will hire you without banking experience as long as you are confident, can proves your outstanding customer service experience in other industries and preferably sales.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any difficult questions, all a re very straight forward and job related.   View Answer
    I tried to get a better starting rate but Wells Fargo in NYC gives every one the same starting salary.

Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I simply applied, got an interview offer via email then got invited to abgroup interview. She told us to wait 5 days for a rejection letter. But I have not recieved one now because its the holiday time of the year, we have to wait a fwweeks to get an one on one interview. That is what I am now waiting for. The group interview was fun! I had a blast getting to know my potential team members! The questions were basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    We negotiated my hours to work around my school hours and for my second job. They are highly flexible with their hours!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

I applied online at wellsfargo.com/careers. I received an online screening the next day, completed it, and the next day, I was sent an email saying I could schedule my own interview for the following week (4 days later). It was a group interview with just two other people, but I was told that sometimes, they have up to 25 people! I'm glad there were only three of us. It was a very easy, laid back interview, which was nice. We all filled out a questionnaire and took some notes on the job description. It seems like an awesome company to work for. At the end, we were all told that we would be selected to go further in the process. Unfortunately, they didn't respect my choice of location. I was called today to setup an interview with a bank that's 30 minutes from my house, which I specifically put I did not want to work on. I had to turn them down because I can't make that commute for only $11.33 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is a professional accomplishment you are most proud of? What was the outcome, and what did it teach you about yourself?   Answer Question

The commute was way too far for the compensation. $11.33 is better than minimum wage (which is $8 here), but it's not good enough to spend an hour commuting to/from work each day.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was told after I quit from Wells Fargo that they would rehire me. I was told by a recruiter from their phone bank that she "refuses" even consider rehires. The branch had me come in for 4 interviews. I interviewed with the pretentious district manager who explained to me that they don't like to hire rehires. I called the recruiter and branch to see if I got the job and they kept avoiding me. They told me to call back in a few days and so I did and then AGAIN was told to call back on a different day. I never received a phone call telling me I did or did not get the job. I feel I was not hired due to working for the company before...

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, took assessment, group interview with about 11 others, one on one interview with hiring manager. Group interview not bad at all, very friendly environment. Human Resources lady was down to earth and took notes on all our answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe accomplishment, challenges that occurred, and what you learned about yourself.
      Describe a goal set for yourself, how long to achieve it, most difficult part, what you learned about self.
      Describe challenging situation, outcome?
      ALL PROFESSIONAL SETTINGS should be described.

Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Completed online application (took simple skills and psychology test), same day received online screening, following day registered for a group interview that would be slated for a week later. Completed group interview on the day with five other candidates, two hours in total. Group atmosphere was congenial. Quite a few of the applicants were a bit disorganized in their answers, disheveled in thinking, and did not offer easy to understand, memorable, short answers. Join a Toastmasters club to work on these critical soft skills. Though my answers were on topic, compressed, and memorable, I was not offered the post.

Interview Questions
    • If an eighteen year old college student comes to the bank for a transaction, what products would you pitch to her or him?   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and within a week I was contacted by the recruiter. I was set up on Interview 1 about the end July, Interview 2 about the middle of august, then Interview 3 about the first part of September of 2013.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few different questions due to the interview consisting of prescribed questions from a packet of papers.   View Answer
    There was none.