Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.6

666 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was part of a group interview in which there were roughly twelve other. interviewees. Luckily I had seen some of the questions that were asked because of posts on here; the two main questions regarded a time when you went above and beyond to give great customer service, and why you see yourself at Wells Fargo. The interview discussion was focused largely on sales and customer service ability, as those are the main components to the position. The interviewer had brought along the district manager and a branch manager, and they all pitched in to explain the day-to-day operations of being a teller. Overall it was a painless experience!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   View Answer
    • Why do you see yourself as a teller for Wells Fargo? What draws you to finance, and what about Wells Fargo in specific attracts you?   Answer Question

I wasn't formally offered a position, but was encouraged that I would be offered a second interview. Unfortunately, my class schedule won't allow for me to attend two weeks of full-time training.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Received an email to schedule an in person interview which ended up being with around 8-9 other candidates; hence, no wonder it said it would go for 2 hours... watched a short video regarding their work environment and customer service guidelines. Then the interviewer then put together a series of 4 questions and had volunteers stand up and give their answers. Could have been more relaxed than i was. Didn't get a position. Heard a lot of input from others. Overall interview seemed unfair because of the wide range of different experience levels from candidates.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. Everything was answerable form the top of your head; no curveballs.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I took a group interview. Moved on to 1 on 1 interview with a service manager. And then I took a final interview with hiring managers in the district. I recommend that when you don't get a call from either a branch or recruiter, you should call up and find out what the situation at present is like. Hiring process goes quicker and smoother.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply online.
    Get a phone interview that last 30 min. Basic get to know you, not many hard questions.
    Formal interview with Manager of branch you will work at. Last about one hour.
    Standard sales position questions. A few scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • If it is near the end of the quarter and you are not reaching your sales quota, what are you going to change to reach your goal?   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online for the teller position, took an assessment test and right after that I got a confirmation email saying I passed the assessment and can schedule a group interview time. Went to the interview Monday, got called for another interview with the branch manager on Wednesday. Asked questions about customer service skills, personal accomplishments, sales, work experience and how it can relate to the job. Always reference how personal experience can be used.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best personal accomplishment and did you receive some kind of recognition?   View Answer

Teller Interview

applied online. Immediately got a response to choose one of the dates I can come in for a group interview. Took a group interview with 8 other people. Got a call the next day to visit one of branches to meet a service manager. Now waiting for a call from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself after 5 years? Why Wells Fargo? etc.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Applied online, signed up for a group interview, recruiter was very nice! She explained benefits and watched a short video. Only asked 3 questions: introduce yourself; tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer; tell me a goal you set for yourself when you come to work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

I applied about a little over a month ago online. Took the assessment and right after was asked to schedule a group interview date. I tried scheduled a date and it kept saying that it was not any interview dates available in my area so maybe a couple days later they sent a email saying that more dates are available so I ended up scheduling and then the day before my interview they said that my interview was canceled and I have to reschedule. So I tried to do that and again no dated available. A couple days later dated became available and schedule. So went to the group interview it was about 6 of us. I was told it was suppose to be more but they never showed up. "Thank God". Was about a hour long. We introduced ourselves and answered the questions why we want to work at WF, and where did we previously worked. Then watched a video on the Teller position. Then she asked tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them. Then she tells us a little about what's next if you past the group interview. I was the one who was voluntarily answering first and was really on point. Exactly a week later they called me for a second interview at the branch that I applied to that same day and was interviewed by the branch manager and her assistant. I feel that my interview went really well and that was just less than 24hrs ago so I'm hoping to receive a call back within a couple days. I'm really praying that I get this job because the hours works perfect with the fact I have a 5 month old and it won't get in the way of going to church. Please pray that I get it.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Basically just asked about sale experience and challenges in other positions. Interview in a group which was hard and unexpected. Hiring manager was really nice, made it easy, Can't remember her name though.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to sell something and you reached a goal you were proud of.   Answer Question