Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   4 Answers
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   1 Answer
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   1 Answer
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was a group interview . 1 recruiter + 10 candidates. It was in their headquarters building. The next step is a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• 3 questions
      what are your goals?
      What's a major accomplishment?
      Prove your customer service with a previous experience

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (West Covina, CA).

Interview

The interview process starts with an online screening and if you pass the screening, you'll grt confirmation of the first group interview. If you pass the initial group interview, you will receive an email stating the date and time for the final teller interview. During this interview, you are required to do role play with a manager and additional interview questions are asked by other branch managers.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, you will fill out a simple and short questionnaire. Then, the interviewer will introduce him/her self. Then, the interviewer will talk about the company and the role as a teller. Lastly, you'll introduce yourself to the whole group.

Interview Questions

Declined my offer because it wasn't the right fit for me.

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR, round table interview at a local bank with other applicants, the interviewer asks a question to everyone to answer or she'll ask for someone to volunteer and answer, last stage if you pass the round table interview is an individual interview with two branch managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience that was difficult and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

First you take an online assessment if you pass that you will be scheduled for a group interview. They will call you to their downtown office and a recruiter will welcome everybody. I had about 10 people in my interview. Our recruiter was a nice lady and she ask you some questions about your experience and other stuff. If you pass that in two days branch manager calls you and schedules for an interview again.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview went well, the recruiter was being real in telling us about how the company works and how they operate! The are basically looking at good sales man and someone who can do a great team work.
    No offer has been made yet, am still waiting to get an email from the recruiter

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to their job fair and from there they told me to do the online application (which I had already done) and in about three days I got an email to schedule a group interview for the following week. There were a few introduction questions and then we proceeded with three questions. They said we would either get a phone call if they want us to proceed with the interview process or an email if we got rejected.

Interview Questions

• First, they asked us to introduce ourselves with the introduction questions they had for us such as;
      -describe your past working experiences
      -How did you hear about the job
      -Why did you choose Wells Fargo
      -Why were you interested in the Teller position

The three questions were:
      -What is a goal you set for yourself, and what was challenging about that.
      - Describe a time that was challenging during your last job. What did you learn from that about yourself and how did you deal with it.
      -Describe on of your biggest accomplishments, what was challenging about that and what did you learn about yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Boulder, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in for a group interview and there was 9 other people that were applying for the same position some for the same city we interviewed at and some for different cities. When we first started the lady told us "to be relaxed, because if everyone in the room is a good fit than everyone in this room will get a position with the company". Which I felt was false information, and she only said that so she could see how we'd react to the statement she just made. She asked everyone two questions, and based off of the answers you respond with, that would determine if you go into the next round or not. Which is stupid because how can you get to know someone off of two questions, especially when everyone is looking at you in the entire room. Maybe I'm just old fashion but I believe interviews should always be one on one, I understand they do group interviews to make the process easier and faster, but this interview was one of the worst interviews I've ever had in my life. Believe me, I've been to countless interviews in my life time and this was just the worst ever.

Interview Questions

• -When was a time you had to meet a certain goal (i.e work or school) and what are the steps you took to accomplish that goal?
      -Customer service experience and how did you handle the situation?

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First it was a group interview. And then you would do individual interviews with the branches. Questions were pretty easy asked to give examples. I just used past experiences and be upfront if you have scheduling conflicts. They were pretty flexible since I was going to school