Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
627 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch and then offered a job. The group interview had about 20 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What do you when a customer is not satisfied with your service?   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Monday, passed the assessment and scheduled an interview for Tuesday. It was a group interview with 9 people. The recruiter asked three questions.
1) Why do you want to be a bank teller?

2) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.

3) When did you have to meet a sales goal? Explain how you achieved it.

Then she told us more about the company. The interview lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

I received a call the same day for a second interview with the district manager on Thursday.

The second interview were the same 3 questions from the first, and she also asked 1 question about cash handling experience. The interview was very quick, it lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours later I received a call about an offer for the job with a salary of $12.08/h and I accepted.

The process didn't take long at all, only 4 days for me :) Good Luck!

Interview Question – Remember to use STAR!   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process includes applying online for an open position, a phone interview/ screening, a group interview done by a handful of managers and finally an interview at the hiring branch by usually the branch manager and service manager. The phone screening was fairly standard as far as questions and I would consider to be easy. The group interview is extremely intimidating because not only do the managers hear your answers to the questions but the other applicants do as well and you cant help but analyze who you think your real competition for the position will be. The questions are fairly personal and the interview lasted roughly a little more than an hour with 8-10 applicants total. The questions at the last interview at the branch were similar to the group interview. My particular experience was incredibly frustrating because I actually went through the process of the branch interview 3 times due to the first 2 branches wanting to hire me but hiring someone who had previously interviewed before me who they also wanted to hire before but didn't. Instead of then being immediately hired by the other branch, they wanted another interview. I believe I had 5 interviews in all.

Interview Question – In the last interview done at the branch, there was a lot of focus on sales knowledge. I was asked what type of experience I had with previous jobs in sales. The service manager who was leading the interview told me "I want you to sell me this pen." and she handed me her pen. It kind of caught me off guard a little bit because it was the main difference in questions compared to the other interviews. They look for an answer that includes a focus on the benefits of the product, not properties of the product. "Selling" bank products is difficult because it is not a tangible item that someone can walk out the door with. You have to sell it first finding the need for the product and then match the benefits of that product to the need the customer has.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oakland, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Question – They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online, then received assessment email link. (pretty easy) Passed assessment and was transferred to an interview site where you had to set up an interview time. Nothing was available, so I waited to receive an email stating when more times were available. After several attempts (took a week) I finally got a phone interview. If the recruiter likes you, she will set you up with an interview at a branch that is closest to you. nailed that and got a job.

Interview Question – it's all about sales...up selling, cross-selling and anything to do with sales.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – The hiring process is fairly simple. You begin by going online a submitting a application. This is then followed by ta call to attend a group interview. The group interview is with people applying for variety or positions within the company. Once completed, if you may be selected for a personal interview with the branch manager.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you above and beyond to help a customer or client in the past?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – Both the initial interview process and applying is very easy. After applying online, you receive an automated email with further instructions for completing the applicant survey and choosing an interview date and time. You will participate in a group interview, and depending on the date and time you choose, the number of participants will vary. Although group interviews can be somewhat intimidating, the interviewer is very friendly, attentive, and concise. There is an introduction, a video presentation, and a slideshow presentation where everyone receives the same questions and the same amount of time to answer them. The questions are customer service and sales focused, and you will be asked to give examples. The "callback time" is very short. I received an email within 3 days of the interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – First we went through a powerpoint about the company and the teller position. Was asked two questions not too difficult. She asked personal questions with some people about specific location or transferring into another location. I am a college student and would be willing to transfer jobs. I was happy with the way the interview was.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have to show good customer service and explain.   View Answer

Teller

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about two weeks from group interview to start date. You take an assessment and then schedule your group interview. Group interview isn't that hard- general questions about your previous work experience with an emphasis on sales. Got a call from the branch I applied at the same day about a one on one interview. The interview was mainly about behavioral questions and work history. The next day I got a phone call with an offer.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge in your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – phone interview within one week from online application. After phone interview a group appointment and after the group appointment a one on one interview with branch manager. After that she told me that some one else from wells fargo will contact me by phone. It took over 2 months for me to receiver an email where they disclosed that they had selected someone else for the position

Interview Question – why wells fargo?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer at different company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Teller interview questions and advice. All 627 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.