Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
638 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – There were two interviews that took place. The first was a group interview at the HR office. There were 12 in the group I was in, all of us applied for a teller position, but at different locations. It was pretty simple, more of an introduction to the job than an interview. There were only five questions asked, all about previous experience and how you solve problems or overcome issues at work. From there, if selected to continue, a second interview takes place at the branch that wants to hire you with the manager and service managers. Both interviews were pretty basic, asking about experience and background, how you can contribute to sales to the branch, which is extremely important.

Interview Question – The biggest thing with Wells Fargo is sales, so be prepared to give examples of your past sales experience (if any) and how you would go about selling to customers.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a teller position. I received a call a couple of days later in which they asked me about my desired city of employment and instructed me that I would be receiving another call detailing the information of a group interview I would need to attend. The group interview included about 12 other candidates for the position and took place in a round table conference room in a business building. This included all of the basic questions you would expect at an interview, nothing really surprised me. Once I made it past this interview, I received a call from a manager at a local branch for an interview with him and the assistant manager. I unfortunately did not get offered a job after this interview. A week after I found out I wouldn't be offered a job at that location I received a call from another local branch with a request for an interview. Much like before, I interviewed with the branch manager and assistant manager. At the end of this interview they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Applied online, process took about 2 weeks. First interview with service manager, after that interview with manager. If everything goes well they call you back with a offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I was part of a group interview process where a bunch of candidates were thrown in a room together. We were asked questions individually at first (pre-assessment) and then we went into another room where the senior management was for an actual interview. Last we were put into groups for a final question and answer session where someone asked a question and everyone took turns going around the table and answering.

Interview Question – What was your most memorable service experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation...you either take it or leave it.

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Lengthy online application. One interview with assistant branch manager then a call back with the branch manager and hired on the spot. I called the branch to follow-up with my online application.

Interview Question – How much do you think is fair? (in regards to salary)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did my research and saw that Teller's salary start at $13. In the interview I asked what the starting rate would be, the branch manager replied with "what do you think is fair?" I replied that I heard Wells Fargo starts at $13 an hour, so $13 an hour. That's what I got. I know other people who got hired at $8 an hour for the same job.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Monday, passed the assessment and scheduled an interview for Tuesday. It was a group interview with 9 people. The recruiter asked three questions.
1) Why do you want to be a bank teller?

2) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.

3) When did you have to meet a sales goal? Explain how you achieved it.

Then she told us more about the company. The interview lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

I received a call the same day for a second interview with the district manager on Thursday.

The second interview were the same 3 questions from the first, and she also asked 1 question about cash handling experience. The interview was very quick, it lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours later I received a call about an offer for the job with a salary of $12.08/h and I accepted.

The process didn't take long at all, only 4 days for me :) Good Luck!

Interview Question – Remember to use STAR!   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch. The group interview had about 9 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What are your weak points?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Classic script interview, my managers were very prying. Both the store manager and the service manager were in the room. They got too personal to my taste asking details about where I lived.

Interview Question – What countries did you study abroad too?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. I thought it would be more stressful, but the HR representative was very professional and positive. They want to see how you interact with people. This job is about sales, so if you are not into it don't apply

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!