Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

658 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

After filling out the online application, i received an email to complete the initial test in order to qualify for the position. After i passed the test i received another email to schedule an interview for the position. First interview was a phone screening in order to weed out the best candidates for in person interviews, The second interview was a face to face interview with the store manager and service manager. After completing the face to face interview i got a call the same day offering me the job. The next step was completing a background investigation and fingerprint screening.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

I have less than 1 year of customer service experience and none banking experience. I put my personal banker as referral. I didnt have phone interview or online assessment. I got invited to the group interview of 6 after applying online. It's easy and straight forward. Questions are expected. Only one recruiter was involved. After few days, i got call from the branch for 1:1 interview with the service manager and store manager. The interview was pretty much the same as the group interview but more in-depth. It lasted for more than 30minutes. I got a call the same day from both managers asking to interview with the district manager. That interview was pretty much the same as the previous one. All of them are nice, friendly with no pressure during interview. One key thing is "Smiling" . Wells Fargo really focus on customer service experience. Also, be sure to mention your sale number such as the quota that you have met or exceed. Stuff like that

Interview Questions
    I didnt negotiate since i was so shocked when I got the call back from the HR. She is the recuiter from the group interview. Good luck every one!!!!

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I took a group interview. Moved on to 1 on 1 interview with a service manager. And then I took a final interview with hiring managers in the district. I recommend that when you don't get a call from either a branch or recruiter, you should call up and find out what the situation at present is like. Hiring process goes quicker and smoother.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply online.
    Get a phone interview that last 30 min. Basic get to know you, not many hard questions.
    Formal interview with Manager of branch you will work at. Last about one hour.
    Standard sales position questions. A few scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • If it is near the end of the quarter and you are not reaching your sales quota, what are you going to change to reach your goal?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Applied online, signed up for a group interview, recruiter was very nice! She explained benefits and watched a short video. Only asked 3 questions: introduce yourself; tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer; tell me a goal you set for yourself when you come to work

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online for the teller position, took an assessment test and right after that I got a confirmation email saying I passed the assessment and can schedule a group interview time. Went to the interview Monday, got called for another interview with the branch manager on Wednesday. Asked questions about customer service skills, personal accomplishments, sales, work experience and how it can relate to the job. Always reference how personal experience can be used.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best personal accomplishment and did you receive some kind of recognition?   View Answer

Teller Interview

applied online. Immediately got a response to choose one of the dates I can come in for a group interview. Took a group interview with 8 other people. Got a call the next day to visit one of branches to meet a service manager. Now waiting for a call from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself after 5 years? Why Wells Fargo? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Basically just asked about sale experience and challenges in other positions. Interview in a group which was hard and unexpected. Hiring manager was really nice, made it easy, Can't remember her name though.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to sell something and you reached a goal you were proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

Applied online. Got called into a group interview within a couple of days. 2 hours after the group interview I got a call from the recruiter and got my first branch interview. The branch called me 3 days later to set up the 1-1 interview. I did well on the first interview, but they ended up hiring internally. They called me exactly 1 week later saying I didn't get the position and I was referred back to the recruiter. I got my second branch interview, but the branch never called me back and neither did the recruiter. Mostly all interviews emphasized SALES.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a sales goal at your previous job. If so, state how you reached that goal.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!