Wells Fargo

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.6

681 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and within a week I was contacted by the recruiter. I was set up on Interview 1 about the end July, Interview 2 about the middle of august, then Interview 3 about the first part of September of 2013.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few different questions due to the interview consisting of prescribed questions from a packet of papers.   View Answer
    There was none.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

First you had to complete online test questions, then you had a group interview, then a store interview one on one with the store manager, and then you take drug test and background check

Interview Questions
    we would like to extend you an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

The interview process is interesting. Once I applied I received an email asking me to select an interview date and time. The interview was a panel/group interview with a recruiter. That interview lasted about an hour. The very next morning, and received a call from the recruiter letting me know about the branch she was going to refer me to. She then emailed the Service Manager and that afternoon I received a call from the Manager asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview. That interview lasted about 45minutes. Hey told me he was going to review his notes that he had taken during the interview and that the recruiter would be in touch. The very next day, the recruiter called me to let me know that the manager was impressed and wanted to extend me the offer. From the time I applied for the position, the interview process has taken about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to control a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe two(2) situations where you offered excellent customer service to a customer. How did you go about assisting that particular customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to reach the goal either as a team or individual. How did you accomplish that goal?   Answer Question
    N/A

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Group interview with about 16 people. Everyone took turns answering questions. Be prepared to have at least three different ways of answering questions because at least one other person is going to say what you had in mind. And associate your answers with work expierence that would coincide with the bank. Cash handeling etc..

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Wells Fargo?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Very normal interview questions and process. Took about two weeks before start. I applied online and received a phone call about a week after to set up an interview in person.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was part of a group interview in which there were roughly twelve other. interviewees. Luckily I had seen some of the questions that were asked because of posts on here; the two main questions regarded a time when you went above and beyond to give great customer service, and why you see yourself at Wells Fargo. The interview discussion was focused largely on sales and customer service ability, as those are the main components to the position. The interviewer had brought along the district manager and a branch manager, and they all pitched in to explain the day-to-day operations of being a teller. Overall it was a painless experience!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   View Answer
    • Why do you see yourself as a teller for Wells Fargo? What draws you to finance, and what about Wells Fargo in specific attracts you?   Answer Question

I wasn't formally offered a position, but was encouraged that I would be offered a second interview. Unfortunately, my class schedule won't allow for me to attend two weeks of full-time training.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply online, take online test, called in for group interview, branch interview, background check, fingerprinting, then offered a position, respond to some emails with I-9 info, etc all in all took about a month to get

Interview Questions
    • A lot of describe a I me where you helped a customer, in detail, or solved a problem for a customer, in detail   View Answer
    They give you a range at group interview, offer based on experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

After passing an online assessment, I was emailed (not called) to come in for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview, something I was not informed of. I passed the group interview and was called in to meet with the manager of the bank I would be working in. The interview seemed to go well and they passed me on to a third interview with the district manager. I met with two higher ups. Again the interview seemed to go well, except for how fake everybody seemed. They were very phony and the questions and treatment of interviewees was very cut and paste. I didn't feel like I could be myself because they were looking for someone as fake and plastic as they were. Anyway, I needed the job for the money and planned to accept, assuming that after three interviews I had the job. They never called, not even to say I wasn't chosen for a job. I emailed the recruiter to ask about the hiring decision and she never replied. Everyone I met with was very unprofessional, rude, and--again--fake. I can't believe how immature these employers are being. They don't even have the common decency to call and tell me I didn't get the job. Employers like this are the reason why the job market is so terrible and why everybody is so cynical about interviews. A shameless, immature group of people. Don't bother interviewing--they'll never call you back.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was all very cut and dry, basic, stuff you would find in an "example interview questions" section of a For Dummies book. You can leave your brain at the door.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Received an email to schedule an in person interview which ended up being with around 8-9 other candidates; hence, no wonder it said it would go for 2 hours... watched a short video regarding their work environment and customer service guidelines. Then the interviewer then put together a series of 4 questions and had volunteers stand up and give their answers. Could have been more relaxed than i was. Didn't get a position. Heard a lot of input from others. Overall interview seemed unfair because of the wide range of different experience levels from candidates.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. Everything was answerable form the top of your head; no curveballs.   Answer Question