Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

579 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Take the screening and don't be bashful. Talk yourself up

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest professional accomplishment   Answer Question

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview after a basic phone interview where you talk about sales experience. Group interview consisted of role play and and obvious emphasis on customer service.

Interview Question – All q's were very general and with sufficient preparation you shouldn't have a problem. Customer service and sales is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – The process was easy. They do a great job communicating.

Interview Question – None....just general interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it. It was good considering the fact I've been here for over a year and my manager still haven't given me my annual review for my raise.....she's acting like that money is coming out of her pocket. smh.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2010.

Interview Details – Completed online test, then came in for group interview. Then solo interview

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Rio Hondo, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online, received call for interview which was done in a group(candidates and interviewers) interview. Process of elimination was done, then got another call for one on one with store manager. Hired then scheduled for training. Paperwork for hire was done in at different sites and days.

Interview Question – Not necesserily difficult just unexpected: to do mock greeting and presentations in a group setting. But in the end it makes sence.   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2010.

Interview Details – First, Human Resources did a phone interview. Then, a second interview at the branch by Manager Assistant and Service Manager.

Interview Question – The question that I remember the most is if I were in a game, would I prefer to participate or win? I told them how I can win without participating.. I don’t know if that was the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the minimum pay of $10.00.

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I met up with a personal banker (through a mutual friend) and he assisted me with interview and resume tips; he said there would be three rounds of interview with the first being a phone interview and the second and last being an in-person interview.
For the interview, be upbeat and passionate. Know the company and products. Practice your phone voice!
I passed the phone interview, but declined the in-person interview since I was offered a better job elsewhere.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about the phone interview. Just be passionate!   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online answered a questionnaire. A few days later I received a phone call asking me questions about my experience and sales. I passed and was told to be on the look out for an email regarding info on a group interview. I was in a conference room with the HR and other 6 other interviewees. We were asked the normal interview questions (Why do you want to work for wells fargo? In the past did you have sales goals and how did you meet those goals? Have you had an upset customer and how did you deal them? etc.)After questioning we filled out an application, were informed of the benefits and policies, and watch a short video. We were asked what cities we preferred to work in.

I then went online and submitted my application to a few different branches in my are that were hiring. I was called about a week later for an interview but didn't get the job. A few days following that interview I was called by a different branch and went in for an interview. The next day the manager told me she needed me to go on another interview at the wells Fargo center. It was a toss between another candidate and myself. I went on the interview and received a call the next day from the HR, he told me that I did a great job at the interview and I was offered the job. Now I have to submit my finger prints and clear the background check. Then go to a training course.

Exaggerate on your great customer service skills, confidence in your sales ability and most of all keep a positive attitude. Don't forget to smile a lot.

Interview Question – Its been a long stressful day, you have not met your sales goals. Its is the end of your shift, you count down your drawer and you are short 500.00. What do you do?   View Answer

Rexburg, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applications can only be submitted online through the corporate level. Once this was screened by corporate HR, I was called for a brief phone interview to make sure that I wasn't crazy and qualified for the basic requirements for the job. I was then asked to attend a group interview at the regional headquarters with about a dozen other candidates vying for the same position as I was. We were all asked the same question and went around the table as we gave our responses. It was a bit awkward, but it just came down to selling yourself and not being too timid or humble. It's a competition, and you have step up and be on your A game.
After a week, I was called and asked to attend a one-on-one interview at the location that I was applying for. It was a basic interview with the bank manager. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that I got an offer. Overall, it was more than a 2 month process.

Interview Question – They wanted to know my sales experience and give an example of when I was more successful in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation since it was an entry-level position.

Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend, super easy. Met with the service manager and branch manager and was offered the position in less than a week

Negotiation Details – asked for more pay, they were able to offer $ .50 than intieally offered per hour.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Teller interview questions and advice. All 579 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.