Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job. Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group. Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt. Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   6 Answers
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   2 Answers
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   3 Answers
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a rather easy interview process. I applied (I knew someone who already worked there). I didn't get an interview because I knew someone though. I had to apply online and was pre-screened. It was a rather short interview and didn't include a panel, however I did meet everyone who worked at the branch before and after my interview. It was a very comfortable experience as I was new to interviewing for a professional position and didn't know what to expect. Larger branches may be more intimidating to interview at.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you handled a customer conflict, how did it turn out? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied multiple times; One or two phone interviews.., one group interview, three in-person interviews. I got denied twice and the third interview I got hired. I applied for a Teller position at the young age of 19 with little work experience, so I had a more difficult time in my interview process. Five years more mature, I would describe this interview process as easier. No unexpected questions, just be able to explain customer service experience, it also helps to have sales and cash drawer experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of your best customer service. Describe a challenging customer situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online, shortly after submitting an application did an online assessment. Passed the assessment and got an invite to a group interview . Waited about two weeks until there was one being hosted. There was about 6 of us and we were asked three sets of questions relating to customer service. After the interview we were told we would hear whether we were successful in the group interview in 3-5 business days. My group interview was Wednesday and I got an email the next Monday explaining that I passed. That same week Friday I got an email explaining that I'm invited for a Teller assessment for the final interview. We will see how that goes

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you set a goal and you were successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in the hiring process. But the minimum pay is great in my opinion if I get hired there will be no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

group interview . The recruiter was so nice , she gave us a pamphlet all the questions were in front of you so it makes me more comfortable, we answered the questions one by one. I get another email 2 days after inviting me for second interview. The first interview was so professional but easy .

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself Why do you choose Wells Fargo What is your greatest achievement Describe a situation when you set a goal for yourself and achieve it Describe a situation when you had unsatisfied customer   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

group interview with about 9 other people we sat around a long conference table and took turns answering questions take your time and gather your thoughts most of the questions are things you've probably heard before then interview with service manager and store manager same structure Scenario questions

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Filled out an app online and finished a screening process that let me set up a phone interview immediately. Phone interview was about 20 minutes after which I was referred to an in store interview. I was interviewed by the branch manager as well as 2 other managers. The in person interview was about 40 minutes and quite a bit more in depth than the phone interview. They let me know they had several other interviews and would have someone call within a week to let me know the results either way. A few days later I received an offer. The entire process was easy and straightforward and everyone I came into contact with was super friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I wouldn't stress at all. Basic interview behavior questions .... Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer? What was ur biggest obstacle?? What was the outcome

Interview Questions

• What was a great accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and scheduled group interview a week later. Process was easy and very personable, met with her recruiter discussed various topics on job and things I was looking for at company, and then was allowed to ask follow up questions. Decided where or which location was best suited for me and was notified I would hear further news with in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Group interview each candidate was asked the following and allowed to respond: Tell a little about yourself, describe a personal achievement you are proud of and how it was met, describe a situation with a difficult or upset customer and how you resolved this, why do you wish to work for this company.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First we had a phone screening. Then after we moved on to the next round of face to face interviews. These interviews contained a bunch of fit and simple questions to make sure were able to work in a team environment.