Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job. Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group. Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt. Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   4 Answers
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   2 Answers
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   1 Answer
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a rather easy interview process. I applied (I knew someone who already worked there). I didn't get an interview because I knew someone though. I had to apply online and was pre-screened. It was a rather short interview and didn't include a panel, however I did meet everyone who worked at the branch before and after my interview. It was a very comfortable experience as I was new to interviewing for a professional position and didn't know what to expect. Larger branches may be more intimidating to interview at.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you handled a customer conflict, how did it turn out? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied multiple times; One or two phone interviews.., one group interview, three in-person interviews. I got denied twice and the third interview I got hired. I applied for a Teller position at the young age of 19 with little work experience, so I had a more difficult time in my interview process. Five years more mature, I would describe this interview process as easier. No unexpected questions, just be able to explain customer service experience, it also helps to have sales and cash drawer experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of your best customer service. Describe a challenging customer situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Filled out an app online and finished a screening process that let me set up a phone interview immediately. Phone interview was about 20 minutes after which I was referred to an in store interview. I was interviewed by the branch manager as well as 2 other managers. The in person interview was about 40 minutes and quite a bit more in depth than the phone interview. They let me know they had several other interviews and would have someone call within a week to let me know the results either way. A few days later I received an offer. The entire process was easy and straightforward and everyone I came into contact with was super friendly and helpful.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First we had a phone screening. Then after we moved on to the next round of face to face interviews. These interviews contained a bunch of fit and simple questions to make sure were able to work in a team environment.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online. Completed prescreening. Received email invite to group interview. Very friendly recruitment Representative made it feel easy. Now waiting for final interview in August. I am anxiously waiting. If I am selected at the final interview, I will get a job offer pending fingerprint and background check. Just be friendly, shake hands. Dress professionally. Answer all questions with confidence. Bring two copies of your resume. Send thank you email, if possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a personal goal? How did you reach that goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter. Quick phone interview, less than 15 minutes. Soon after I received phone calls from managers that wanted to interview me. Straight forward and simple interview. I believe I did things a bit backwards though because you are supposed to do a group interview first before you do an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process is long for an entry level position but it is pretty relaxed. First interview is a group interview with the recruiter with about 15 other candidates. If you are successful you will receive either and email or a phone call stating that you have been successful and that you are invited back to the second interview which is the hub interview with 15 more candidates. During the second interview you meet with groups of hiring managers which ranges from 2-3 managers per group. You meet with three of these groups. First is role play, second and third consist of five questions each. The managers were all friendly and easy to talk to. Don't stress it, it's very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you made a personal connection with a customer. What happened? Did you gain recognition from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied for a part time teller position, they automatically send you an assessment to complete. After a few days I received a call to do a face to face interview with the Store Manager and Service Manager of the branch. After my face to face they told me they would contact me within a week, I received a call an hour later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, how did you diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then had a screening with general questions. Was nice that they had the option to do either phone or email scheduling as it's hard for me to get phone calls where I'm currently at. Had a phone interview which was about 10-15 minutes which went over the position that I was applying for as well as some of the expectations should I be hired. Was told how many people they were hiring and where in town hiring was happening.