Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   3 Answers
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   1 Answer
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There is a 3 tier interview process, that is uncomplicated and easily completed. First a phone interview, then two additional interviews followed by a background check. There is no drug testing. If you have an outgoing and friendly personality, aren't shy with money, and love people this is a great fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the sales aspect of the job?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview went well. Don't be nervous because they will know and don't forget to smile. Be ready to have examples to back up your answers. You want your answers to be related to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First you have to apply online. Within a few days you will get an email to schedule for a group interview. If you pass then you will get to be interviewed by store managers.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After you apply online you choose a date for a group interview.

You are asked to introduce yourself and say what your most recent job was.

After that you are asked a series of typical job interview questions.

The process took around two hours.

You should either receive a call within the next 72 hours for a second 1:1 interview or if you are not suitable for the position you will receive an e-mail within the week. (I never received either.)

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest professional achievement, why, and how did you reach your achievement?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First i applied online, within three days i received an email stating there was appiontments available for group interviews to pick a date and time. When i clicked the link the times had already filled up so i waited for another one. It came available about 5 days later. I got to it quicker this time and scheduled a time.

Interview Questions

• Q: introduce yourself, tell your expirence and work history as relevant to the job, why you want to work as a teller, and why do you want to work for wells fargo.

Q: Tell of your biggest accomplishment, what obstacles you faced and how you overcome them and what you learned.

Q: Tell of a sales goal or accomplishment you are proud of and how long it took to acheive it, the most difficult part and whaty ou learned from it.

Q: tell of a time you dealt with an unsatisfied customer and what was the outcome, how did you resolve the issue and what did you learn

Q: do you have any questions for me.

These are the only questions that we were asked. It was volunteer based but EVERYONE answered just at their own pace and time. There was only 7 of us and one recruiting consultant. YES, this questions do have a bunch of other questions within them and they are looking for ONE situation that answers all of them. We also filled out a sheet that listed our availabilities and our information and we were shown a slideshow that gave us more information on the job.

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process. Started with a group interview with one recruiter at a Wells Fargo location (Maybe not the one you will work for). Second step was a panel interview with the store manager (that you will work at) and probably your direct supervisor. Then the final part a phone call from the district manager, to touch base with and to see what your goals are.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online , passed the assessment, and there were no interviews available for the store that I chose. So got an email a few days later saying to schedule an interview for a phone interview, so I did. Got the call but the hr manager said she was only looking for bilingual for the location I chose which I was not. So she ask me to apply at a different location, so she can schedule me a interview there. So I did and I received a phone call that very same day from the bank manager at the location I was told to apply at and he scheduled me a interview for today. Got there I was asked your typical scenario question by one of the managers at the bank, it lasted about 30 mins and she told me they would email me if I was selected. Which I'm almost 100% sure I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a job experience where you had to handle large amount of cash   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

applied online, got an email, phone call, group interview (big group), one on one with store manager, got offer and hired. Interviews were professional and easy. Asked common retail and customer service questions. Group interview was interesting because what other people say and give you time to think of a good answer.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn around a bad customer service experience with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Conyers, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview is a group interview. A recruiter asked the group 3 questions and we went around the room so everyone had the chance to answer every question. Took about 2 hours. If you do well you're receive a call from the recruiter to set a face to face interview with branch managers. This interview is revolved around the same questions asked in the group interview.

Wear muted colors
    Men: SUIT AND TIE. (use tie to add a little color, but nothing too crazy)
    Women: skirt, jacket

The position is all focused on sales and customer service.

Interview Questions

• 1. What’s a time you've overcome an obstacle? What did you learn?

2. When’s a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?

3. Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?

4. We find coachability very important. When’s a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively?

5. Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT

6. Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.

7. Explain a bad situation you had with a customer, how did you handle it & what was the outcome?

8. Why would you like to be a WF Teller?

9. How does the position fit into your future goals?

10. What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of.

11. What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself?

12. What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction?

13. What are the goals that you have achieved at your previous job?

Answer Question