Wells Fargo

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.6

713 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
  • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   View Answer
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   Answer Question
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a phone interview with recruiter a couple weeks after applying, then a inperson interview at bank the folowwing week. Then quickly got an offer depending on background check which included fingerprints.

no negotiation

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group Interview consists of about 8 people. First off, we talked about our previous sales and customer experiences. Then we learned about the history of the company as well as talk about our career goals and reason for applying for the position. Then we did a scripted partner role play as a teller and customer. If we passed the group interview, a customer service manager of a availble branch will call you in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a easy interview. All you have to prepare is to talk about sales and customer service experiences.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

3 steps , 1 group interview about 20 people all applying in your region 2 phone interview about schedule availability with manager 3 in office interview, application done online through their main website

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they make you an offer and you can accept or decline, great company:)

Teller Interview

After applying it took like 2 months for me to start working. Two managers interviewed me. Sent to training for two weeks. Interview lasted like an hour. Got hired on spot. Very nice recruiter. Very professional.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group interview with atleast 10 other people and one recruiter. The recruiter gave an overview of the company before going around the table asking us each the same 3 questions after the interview the next process is getting interviewed by a panel of branch managers

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Filled out an application online, did a phone interview within the week. Was called back for a second interview at the branch with the lead teller, a personal banker and the branch manager. It was a very relaxed interview and they were incredibly knowledgeable and open to all of my questions. Theirs were very straightforward. They seemed excited to have met me. They told me I would hear back by that Friday (the branch interview was on Tuesday) but I didn't receive a call until the next week. This seemed to be out of their hands - the lady on the phone apologised profusely. No big deal. They did offer me a job and I accepted. I got a really good vibe from the energy in the branch itself - everybody was very positive, genuine, and nice.

They offered me the rate I had come from at my previous job without me having to negotiate, which was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

I applied online on 12/10/14 by making a profile & submitting my resume. I then had to complete a assessment to see if I was eligible to go on to the next step. After I completed the assessment I had to wait for group interview times to open. On on 12/14 I received an email to select a date to do the group interview on 12/17.

The group interview was very laid back, there was myself & 4 other ladies. The recruiter showed us a slide show with some info on the position & company. We had to introduce ourselves and explain a little about our work experience and then 3 questions were placed on the PowerPoint & we went around the room answering them.

After the group interview I was called a few days later & was scheduled a one on one interview on 01/06/15 with the branch manager & lead teller. This interview too was very laid back also. Asked questions from sheets of paper, all situational & behavioral questions. Make sure to smile, be friendly and push your customer service and/or sales experience. Then towards the end of the interview the manager had some of her own role play questions like, "How would you sell this pen to me?". Hint: they're looking for you to also upsell.

I received the call that I got the position on 01/12/15. I had to consent to a background check & do fingerprints. My background & fingerprints cleared in less than a day & I am scheduled for my first day of on training on 1/16/15.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Starting pay is the same for new hire's in my area.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

The hiring process was good. Started off with a group interview of around 12 people. They ask you to give a background about yourself why you want the position and where Wells Fargo fits into your career path. The whole process was fairly painless if you know how to interview.

Interview Questions
    • A time where you exceeded the expectations of customer service?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and also had an online screening as well. I received an email the following day to schedule an interview. There are two interviews one is with a group and the other is one-to-one. Group interview questions were overall description of experiences relatable to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a customer service experience you had where you believe you went above and beyond customer expectation. (3min)   Answer Question
    • Describe a goal you had and how you accomplished it. It could be a personal goal, job related goal, or customer service goal. (3min)   Answer Question