Wells Fargo

633 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details – There were two interviews that took place. The first was a group interview at the HR office. There were 12 in the group I was in, all of us applied for a teller position, but at different locations. It was pretty simple, more of an introduction to the job than an interview. There were only five questions asked, all about previous experience and how you solve problems or overcome issues at work. From there, if selected to continue, a second interview takes place at the branch that wants to hire you with the manager and service managers. Both interviews were pretty basic, asking about experience and background, how you can contribute to sales to the branch, which is extremely important.

Interview Question – The biggest thing with Wells Fargo is sales, so be prepared to give examples of your past sales experience (if any) and how you would go about selling to customers.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I was part of a group interview process where a bunch of candidates were thrown in a room together. We were asked questions individually at first (pre-assessment) and then we went into another room where the senior management was for an actual interview. Last we were put into groups for a final question and answer session where someone asked a question and everyone took turns going around the table and answering.

Interview Question – What was your most memorable service experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation...you either take it or leave it.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a teller position. I received a call a couple of days later in which they asked me about my desired city of employment and instructed me that I would be receiving another call detailing the information of a group interview I would need to attend. The group interview included about 12 other candidates for the position and took place in a round table conference room in a business building. This included all of the basic questions you would expect at an interview, nothing really surprised me. Once I made it past this interview, I received a call from a manager at a local branch for an interview with him and the assistant manager. I unfortunately did not get offered a job after this interview. A week after I found out I wouldn't be offered a job at that location I received a call from another local branch with a request for an interview. Much like before, I interviewed with the branch manager and assistant manager. At the end of this interview they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Monday, passed the assessment and scheduled an interview for Tuesday. It was a group interview with 9 people. The recruiter asked three questions.
1) Why do you want to be a bank teller?

2) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.

3) When did you have to meet a sales goal? Explain how you achieved it.

Then she told us more about the company. The interview lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

I received a call the same day for a second interview with the district manager on Thursday.

The second interview were the same 3 questions from the first, and she also asked 1 question about cash handling experience. The interview was very quick, it lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours later I received a call about an offer for the job with a salary of $12.08/h and I accepted.

The process didn't take long at all, only 4 days for me :) Good Luck!

Interview Question – Remember to use STAR!   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. I thought it would be more stressful, but the HR representative was very professional and positive. They want to see how you interact with people. This job is about sales, so if you are not into it don't apply

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch. The group interview had about 9 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What are your weak points?   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for Teller position then was emailed to schedule online for interview times.. First there was a group interview with 9 other people they asked general questions about cash handling experience, customer service an difficult situations. Then was called for a second interview with Branch Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch and then offered a job. The group interview had about 20 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What do you when a customer is not satisfied with your service?   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process includes applying online for an open position, a phone interview/ screening, a group interview done by a handful of managers and finally an interview at the hiring branch by usually the branch manager and service manager. The phone screening was fairly standard as far as questions and I would consider to be easy. The group interview is extremely intimidating because not only do the managers hear your answers to the questions but the other applicants do as well and you cant help but analyze who you think your real competition for the position will be. The questions are fairly personal and the interview lasted roughly a little more than an hour with 8-10 applicants total. The questions at the last interview at the branch were similar to the group interview. My particular experience was incredibly frustrating because I actually went through the process of the branch interview 3 times due to the first 2 branches wanting to hire me but hiring someone who had previously interviewed before me who they also wanted to hire before but didn't. Instead of then being immediately hired by the other branch, they wanted another interview. I believe I had 5 interviews in all.

Interview Question – In the last interview done at the branch, there was a lot of focus on sales knowledge. I was asked what type of experience I had with previous jobs in sales. The service manager who was leading the interview told me "I want you to sell me this pen." and she handed me her pen. It kind of caught me off guard a little bit because it was the main difference in questions compared to the other interviews. They look for an answer that includes a focus on the benefits of the product, not properties of the product. "Selling" bank products is difficult because it is not a tangible item that someone can walk out the door with. You have to sell it first finding the need for the product and then match the benefits of that product to the need the customer has.   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Question – They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!