Wells Fargo

Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.6

696 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Completed online application (took simple skills and psychology test), same day received online screening, following day registered for a group interview that would be slated for a week later. Completed group interview on the day with five other candidates, two hours in total. Group atmosphere was congenial. Quite a few of the applicants were a bit disorganized in their answers, disheveled in thinking, and did not offer easy to understand, memorable, short answers. Join a Toastmasters club to work on these critical soft skills. Though my answers were on topic, compressed, and memorable, I was not offered the post.

Interview Questions
  • If an eighteen year old college student comes to the bank for a transaction, what products would you pitch to her or him?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and within a week I was contacted by the recruiter. I was set up on Interview 1 about the end July, Interview 2 about the middle of august, then Interview 3 about the first part of September of 2013.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few different questions due to the interview consisting of prescribed questions from a packet of papers.   View Answer
    There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Applied online got a response after two weeks group interview with 8 other people made you stand and introduce yourself and asked why you want to work for Wells Fargo then asked three questions for the rest off the process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have had a goal? Did you achieve it? How did you feel?   Answer Question
    • Name your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • State time you had to deal with an upset customer? What was the outcome? What did you learn   Answer Question

Pay is 11.33

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

First you had to complete online test questions, then you had a group interview, then a store interview one on one with the store manager, and then you take drug test and background check

Interview Questions
    we would like to extend you an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

The interview process is interesting. Once I applied I received an email asking me to select an interview date and time. The interview was a panel/group interview with a recruiter. That interview lasted about an hour. The very next morning, and received a call from the recruiter letting me know about the branch she was going to refer me to. She then emailed the Service Manager and that afternoon I received a call from the Manager asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview. That interview lasted about 45minutes. Hey told me he was going to review his notes that he had taken during the interview and that the recruiter would be in touch. The very next day, the recruiter called me to let me know that the manager was impressed and wanted to extend me the offer. From the time I applied for the position, the interview process has taken about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to control a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe two(2) situations where you offered excellent customer service to a customer. How did you go about assisting that particular customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to reach the goal either as a team or individual. How did you accomplish that goal?   Answer Question
    N/A

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Group interview with about 16 people. Everyone took turns answering questions. Be prepared to have at least three different ways of answering questions because at least one other person is going to say what you had in mind. And associate your answers with work expierence that would coincide with the bank. Cash handeling etc..

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Wells Fargo?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

its a Group interview with a Group of 6 and 1 Interviewer with 3 Questions
    if hired you get located to a store near your home to accommodate you.
    if not offered a position you have to wait six months to reapply.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What was my greatest accomplishment at my current job?
      What was difficult about it and what did I learn about myself.
      2. How did I handle a situation with an unhappy customer,
      what was difficult about it and what did i learn about myself.
      3. don't remember the third question

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Very normal interview questions and process. Took about two weeks before start. I applied online and received a phone call about a week after to set up an interview in person.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was part of a group interview in which there were roughly twelve other. interviewees. Luckily I had seen some of the questions that were asked because of posts on here; the two main questions regarded a time when you went above and beyond to give great customer service, and why you see yourself at Wells Fargo. The interview discussion was focused largely on sales and customer service ability, as those are the main components to the position. The interviewer had brought along the district manager and a branch manager, and they all pitched in to explain the day-to-day operations of being a teller. Overall it was a painless experience!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   View Answer
    • Why do you see yourself as a teller for Wells Fargo? What draws you to finance, and what about Wells Fargo in specific attracts you?   Answer Question

I wasn't formally offered a position, but was encouraged that I would be offered a second interview. Unfortunately, my class schedule won't allow for me to attend two weeks of full-time training.