Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
645 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a teller position. I received a call a couple of days later in which they asked me about my desired city of employment and instructed me that I would be receiving another call detailing the information of a group interview I would need to attend. The group interview included about 12 other candidates for the position and took place in a round table conference room in a business building. This included all of the basic questions you would expect at an interview, nothing really surprised me. Once I made it past this interview, I received a call from a manager at a local branch for an interview with him and the assistant manager. I unfortunately did not get offered a job after this interview. A week after I found out I wouldn't be offered a job at that location I received a call from another local branch with a request for an interview. Much like before, I interviewed with the branch manager and assistant manager. At the end of this interview they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Applied online, process took about 2 weeks. First interview with service manager, after that interview with manager. If everything goes well they call you back with a offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I was part of a group interview process where a bunch of candidates were thrown in a room together. We were asked questions individually at first (pre-assessment) and then we went into another room where the senior management was for an actual interview. Last we were put into groups for a final question and answer session where someone asked a question and everyone took turns going around the table and answering.

Interview Question – What was your most memorable service experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation...you either take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details – Lengthy online application. One interview with assistant branch manager then a call back with the branch manager and hired on the spot. I called the branch to follow-up with my online application.

Interview Question – How much do you think is fair? (in regards to salary)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did my research and saw that Teller's salary start at $13. In the interview I asked what the starting rate would be, the branch manager replied with "what do you think is fair?" I replied that I heard Wells Fargo starts at $13 an hour, so $13 an hour. That's what I got. I know other people who got hired at $8 an hour for the same job.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Monday, passed the assessment and scheduled an interview for Tuesday. It was a group interview with 9 people. The recruiter asked three questions.
1) Why do you want to be a bank teller?

2) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.

3) When did you have to meet a sales goal? Explain how you achieved it.

Then she told us more about the company. The interview lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

I received a call the same day for a second interview with the district manager on Thursday.

The second interview were the same 3 questions from the first, and she also asked 1 question about cash handling experience. The interview was very quick, it lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours later I received a call about an offer for the job with a salary of $12.08/h and I accepted.

The process didn't take long at all, only 4 days for me :) Good Luck!

Interview Question – Remember to use STAR!   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch. The group interview had about 9 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What are your weak points?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Classic script interview, my managers were very prying. Both the store manager and the service manager were in the room. They got too personal to my taste asking details about where I lived.

Interview Question – What countries did you study abroad too?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. I thought it would be more stressful, but the HR representative was very professional and positive. They want to see how you interact with people. This job is about sales, so if you are not into it don't apply

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for Teller position then was emailed to schedule online for interview times.. First there was a group interview with 9 other people they asked general questions about cash handling experience, customer service an difficult situations. Then was called for a second interview with Branch Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online assessment and was scheduled a group interview. After group interview was called to interview at a local branch and then offered a job. The group interview had about 20 people in the room and we were all asked the same question and watched a video about the company.

Interview Question – What do you when a customer is not satisfied with your service?   Answer Question