Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

579 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2010.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?
Tell me about a time when you had to sell something and how did you do it?

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process from submitting my application to receiving the email that I had passed the final interview took two months. It does help if you have a recommendation from a branch manager to help expedite your screening process.
After applying I got an email for the a web screening process (a questionnaire). Then I got to select a time and date for the first interview. The first interview was a group interview that took roughly 2.5 hours. You introduce yourself, and what you did at your previous places of work to see if you could apply those skills to the teller position. I was contacted two weeks after the group interview to go to the final interview. The final interview consisted of similar questions as the group interview and meeting with 6 different branch managers. There was also role play in addition to the questions. Just remember to relax and smile. All in all the interviews in itself weren't too difficult, but the entire process was pretty lengthy. I applied on January 16th, went to my group interview on February 13th, my final interview was on March 13th, and I received an email that I had passed the final interview on March 17th.

Interview Question – The questions asked for both interviews were very standard. Why Wells Fargo?, Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer, and Describe a significant work accomplishment and what you learned about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went very smooth and they hired me on the spot

Interview Question – Just general interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Every teller gets 11.00 per hour

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details – I found the job opening online on indeed.com. Applied for the teller position and received an email the next day asking to complete online assessment. To be honest, I cannot remember what the assessment consisted of but it was very easy. The day after I completed it, I received an email saying they wanted me to attend a group interview. So I picked a time I could go in. There were only 4 people including myself in the group interview. Very easy questions like "Tell of a time you went above and beyond for a customer" and "How did you build rapport with your customers at your last job?"

After that I was called by a branch manager to come in for an interview. This was 3 days after my group interview. They ended up having to reschedule because of managers not being available. So the day of my actual interview finally came and it was no longer than 30 minutes, interview was at 9:30 and I was out before 10. Typical interview questions that I had prepared myself for. They did role play which I was not expecting but I did okay.

Interview Question – Role play consisted of me trying to sell the manager a bottle of lotion until I got a yes from him.

Explain of a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?

Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?

Tell me of a time when you had to deal with a customer who was angry and how did you diffuse the situation?
  View Answer

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interview Details – They ask you about business, they will tell you that obtaining sales is really easy. You are interviewed by manager and teller manager. They basically test you selling skills to people by getting you to tell them how you sale yourself to people. They do a background check and used to do a math test.

Hanford, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and then had to take a test online. When I passed that I had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a group interview. After passing the group interview I finally had an interview with the managers at the branch I was selected for.

Interview Question – Who is your biggest business role model and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple. I actually applied for a 20 hour position but they offered me the 30 hour position instead.

Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and set up a phone interview to speak to a recruiter.
Contacted about two weeks later to set up a F2F interview with the branch manager.
Usually its a panel interview with two managers and the applicant but one of them was on vacation so it turned out to be a 1:1.
At the beginning of the interview the BM told me that they keep their applicants information on file so if another opening is available and matches the applicants profile they may be contacted. I thought that was an interesting way to start an interview. However it lasted for nearly two hours, and i thought it went pretty well. The manager told me he doesn't sit on his decisions for too long so one will be made very quickly.

I contacted the manager on several occasions asking if he made a decision yet and he told me i should hear something very soon. I got an email at the end of the week saying i didn't get it.

Interview Question – Basic CSR questions about handling difficult customers & meeting sales goals.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – filled out online app. i had a group interview got a call for a store interview by the time I got home from the group interview.

Interview Question – trying to get more money per hour. They really dont budge   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I completed my online profile and submitted my application to Wells. It was contacted with in 24hrs with a online screening process. After which I was scheduled for a phone interview: and then granted a hiring interview with three team members.
Wells Fargo missed the assigned phone interview time on Friday and called back a three day later with an excuse as to why the previous appointment was missed. I completed the unscheduled phone interview and hiring interview and was not offered the position.

Interview Question – We like our team members to smile as we are graded on customer service as a team how do you feel about being graded on your customer service as part of a team?   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – Typical customer services questions and why you want to work at Wells   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Only offer part time and I was requesting a full time