Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Process took a long time, over a month. First apply online, then take an assessment they email you. After that you have a phone screening interview. Once you have completed all that you then get a real interview that was a panel interview with other candidates and several store managers. This included some role playing to see how you would handle different situations and were asked questions about work experience and background. After that HR will locate a store for you and make you an offer,

Interview Questions

• Involved pretending to sell made-up products from a random business with a partner and reversing roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make an offer, I didn't try to negotiate it since there is a specific range they use and formulate based upon experience and location.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Be careful. You'll be so excited about the job/promotion that they'll lowball you on salary If you are offered the job pleaase hold your ground on your salary requirement. It's a crying shame what they'll offer up front and then claim there's no way to increase it more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It's a 2 step process. First is your group interview with between 5-15 individuals. Then your final interview will be with the managers and final interviewees that made it as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer interaction. What did you do to resolve the issue? What did you learn about yourself afterwards? (Something of that nature).   1 Answer
    • There are numerous banks that you could work for. Why do you want to build a career with Wells Fargo?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you accomplished one of your biggest goals. It can be a personal or professional goal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Palm Bay, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed an assessment about 45 min later. After the assessment I was told I could schedule a interview for the 30th which was in a few days. I was emailed and told it was a group interview. Went to the interview there was 9 of us in total. It lasted for about 2 hours and told they would contact us later for a one-on -one interview later

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with two other girls .. Recruiter made the process so much easier made us feel at ease . Ask 3 questions and we all had a chance to answer then we learned more about the job and benefits .. I thought the interview went well still waiting for a call back letting me know if I get a second interview or not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the career website. About 3 days later, I received a group interview invite for the following Thursday (Yesterday) @ 10 a.m.. Walked into the branch, their was about 15 other candidates sitting in the lobby. I took the last available seat as 2 others walked in. From the time that I walked in, we waited about 10 minutes before being directed to a back (conference like) room. Signed in. Their was a panel of 4 people. They were Branch managers and a recruiter. Each candidate did an introduction that consisted of your name and current or previous job title relevant to the position they applied for (Teller). We were then told a little about the company. The motto, possible career paths, store hours, compensation, etc. we were then told that we would have to answer a series of questions. We were allowed time to write them down and then answer when we were ready! We then responded to these questions, which turned out to be short stories, took about 1 1/2 hours for 15 ppl to answer 3 questions each... UGH!!!! Such a drag. The panel sat quietly and took notes. After we completed the questions we were asked about location preference, availability and restrictions. We were asked did we have any questions. No one had any. We were told that we should expect to be contacted within a Max. 2 week period, whether we were chosen or not. We were then dismissed. As everyone stood up to leave, the branch manager asked for 3 of us to remain, so that "he could get more availability info". As we stayed behind he asked were we available to immediately meet with the district manager at the corporate location. We were informed that if we did good at the next interview, that we would be offered the position. We headed to lunch for an hour, then headed over to the corporate location. Spoke with DM. GOT THE POSITION!!!

My advice would be practice and preparation. Great eye contact, not only to the panel, but to everyone in the room. Project your voice. I have full blown anxiety. So I practiced in the mirror for a week. I drove my family crazy with practice questions. I'm typically intimidated by authority figures. Like I'd go mute sometimes. I remained calm and worked it out.

Dress like your graduating from Harvard Law! Ladies, pant or skirt suit, dark colors, nothing that'll be a distraction. I wanted to wear an ascot. Changed my mine. Gentlemen, SUIT!!!! Tie!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a WF Teller?   Answer Question
    • How does the position fit into your future goals?   Answer Question
    • What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of.   Answer Question
    • What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, directly on their website. I received an email saying that for this position it's required a web-based screening. Once you complete it and depending on the results, you could be considered for an interview (the screening shows your results once you have finished). Two days after I received an automated email saying there were more dates available for interviews so what I did was schedule my own interview choosing one of the dates available. I went to my interview, and met three more candidates. The interviewer wanted to know the last three places where we have worked, names of the company, and how long we worked there, obviously you have to say a brief description of what you did there.

If you did it well, and were convincing with your answers they are going to contact you for an interview with the manager, who is the one to makes the final decision. You would receive an email saying if you was selected for the next interview or if you were not. It would take between one and two weeks to hear from them.

They are looking for people who can make sales, it will be considered a sale when you suggest to a customer another service and redirect him/her to your coworker who is in charged to seal the negotiation and excellent customer service.

Suggestion: While you are applying for a job as a teller, you must select the places where you would like to work based on you current location (10 miles radius from where you live), otherwise, they are going to ask you to apply to a place that better fit your commuting needs. In my personal opinion this has something to do with the salary you will earn and that you have to work for the company at least one year to be considered for promotion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teller?
      Based on your past sales experience, how did you sell the products/service?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you have any experience handling cash?

1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an interview fairly quickly. It was a group interview with about 6-8 other people. The interviewer made sure we were comfortable and ready to talk at anytime.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.
      Explain a bad situation you had with a customer, how did you handle it & what was the outcome?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Got a phone interview with recruiter a couple weeks after applying, then a inperson interview at bank the folowwing week. Then quickly got an offer depending on background check which included fingerprints.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about receiving instant feedback?   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied online, had phone interview, group interview / introduction. At group interview you watch video and write list of banks that you are willing to work at. A week later was called by manager of branch and had interview there. I was hired on the spot but declined the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this bank teller job?
      Tell me about a situation with an angry customer that you resolved?

Answer Question