Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Melbourne, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

You apply online and take a quick questionnaire online. After that they send you an email scheduling you for a group interview. Afterwords if you're selected they call you in for a one on one with the branch manager. Pretty simple and strait forward. I am currently still in the interview process. I highly suggest applying to Wells Fargo if you are looking into a career in banking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were put in a hard situation professionally. What was the outcome? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Very good interview process. I really wanted to work there. We had to answer questions individually in a group setting. Had to speak about past experiences with former employees. Sales is a major thing in a teller position.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There is a 3 tier interview process, that is uncomplicated and easily completed. First a phone interview, then two additional interviews followed by a background check. There is no drug testing. If you have an outgoing and friendly personality, aren't shy with money, and love people this is a great fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the sales aspect of the job?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview went well. Don't be nervous because they will know and don't forget to smile. Be ready to have examples to back up your answers. You want your answers to be related to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First i applied online, within three days i received an email stating there was appiontments available for group interviews to pick a date and time. When i clicked the link the times had already filled up so i waited for another one. It came available about 5 days later. I got to it quicker this time and scheduled a time.

Interview Questions

• Q: introduce yourself, tell your expirence and work history as relevant to the job, why you want to work as a teller, and why do you want to work for wells fargo. Q: Tell of your biggest accomplishment, what obstacles you faced and how you overcome them and what you learned. Q: Tell of a sales goal or accomplishment you are proud of and how long it took to acheive it, the most difficult part and whaty ou learned from it. Q: tell of a time you dealt with an unsatisfied customer and what was the outcome, how did you resolve the issue and what did you learn Q: do you have any questions for me. These are the only questions that we were asked. It was volunteer based but EVERYONE answered just at their own pace and time. There was only 7 of us and one recruiting consultant. YES, this questions do have a bunch of other questions within them and they are looking for ONE situation that answers all of them. We also filled out a sheet that listed our availabilities and our information and we were shown a slideshow that gave us more information on the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First you have to apply online. Within a few days you will get an email to schedule for a group interview. If you pass then you will get to be interviewed by store managers.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online , passed the assessment, and there were no interviews available for the store that I chose. So got an email a few days later saying to schedule an interview for a phone interview, so I did. Got the call but the hr manager said she was only looking for bilingual for the location I chose which I was not. So she ask me to apply at a different location, so she can schedule me a interview there. So I did and I received a phone call that very same day from the bank manager at the location I was told to apply at and he scheduled me a interview for today. Got there I was asked your typical scenario question by one of the managers at the bank, it lasted about 30 mins and she told me they would email me if I was selected. Which I'm almost 100% sure I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a job experience where you had to handle large amount of cash   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After you apply online you choose a date for a group interview. You are asked to introduce yourself and say what your most recent job was. After that you are asked a series of typical job interview questions. The process took around two hours. You should either receive a call within the next 72 hours for a second 1:1 interview or if you are not suitable for the position you will receive an e-mail within the week. (I never received either.)

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest professional achievement, why, and how did you reach your achievement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for two positions over a two month period. First a recruiter contacted me via telephone and did a preliminary interview. After the phone interview, the recruiter told me I was qualified enough to move on and schedule a in person interview at the branch. The store manager and service manager interviewed me. The first position I applied for I did not receive an offer due to "my personality not matching the teams". I applied to the same position at a different branch and again had an in person interview which went much smoother and it seemed like better management anyway. I received an offer a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in a position with sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Conyers, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview is a group interview. A recruiter asked the group 3 questions and we went around the room so everyone had the chance to answer every question. Took about 2 hours. If you do well you're receive a call from the recruiter to set a face to face interview with branch managers. This interview is revolved around the same questions asked in the group interview. Wear muted colors Men: SUIT AND TIE. (use tie to add a little color, but nothing too crazy) Women: skirt, jacket The position is all focused on sales and customer service.

Interview Questions

• 1. What’s a time you've overcome an obstacle? What did you learn? 2. When’s a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them? 3. Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself? 4. We find coachability very important. When’s a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively? 5. Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT 6. Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer. 7. Explain a bad situation you had with a customer, how did you handle it & what was the outcome? 8. Why would you like to be a WF Teller? 9. How does the position fit into your future goals? 10. What is your significant accomplishment? Something you're proud of. 11. What's a significant goal you've set? Describe the goal. How long did it take to achieve? Most difficult part? What did you learn about yourself? 12. What's a time you dealt with a challenging situation? How did you resolve the issue? How did you retain a customer? What was the outcome? What made the greatest impact to customer? What did you learn through this interaction? 13. What are the goals that you have achieved at your previous job?   Answer Question