Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2014.

I applied online at wellsfargo.com/careers. I received an online screening the next day, completed it, and the next day, I was sent an email saying I could schedule my own interview for the following week (4 days later). It was a group interview with just two other people, but I was told that sometimes, they have up to 25 people! I'm glad there were only three of us. It was a very easy, laid back interview, which was nice. We all filled out a questionnaire and took some notes on the job description. It seems like an awesome company to work for. At the end, we were all told that we would be selected to go further in the process. Unfortunately, they didn't respect my choice of location. I was called today to setup an interview with a bank that's 30 minutes from my house, which I specifically put I did not want to work on. I had to turn them down because I can't make that commute for only $11.33 an hour.

Interview Questions
  • What is a professional accomplishment you are most proud of? What was the outcome, and what did it teach you about yourself?   Answer Question

The commute was way too far for the compensation. $11.33 is better than minimum wage (which is $8 here), but it's not good enough to spend an hour commuting to/from work each day.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was told after I quit from Wells Fargo that they would rehire me. I was told by a recruiter from their phone bank that she "refuses" even consider rehires. The branch had me come in for 4 interviews. I interviewed with the pretentious district manager who explained to me that they don't like to hire rehires. I called the recruiter and branch to see if I got the job and they kept avoiding me. They told me to call back in a few days and so I did and then AGAIN was told to call back on a different day. I never received a phone call telling me I did or did not get the job. I feel I was not hired due to working for the company before...

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, took assessment, group interview with about 11 others, one on one interview with hiring manager. Group interview not bad at all, very friendly environment. Human Resources lady was down to earth and took notes on all our answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe accomplishment, challenges that occurred, and what you learned about yourself.
      Describe a goal set for yourself, how long to achieve it, most difficult part, what you learned about self.
      Describe challenging situation, outcome?
      ALL PROFESSIONAL SETTINGS should be described.

Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Completed online application (took simple skills and psychology test), same day received online screening, following day registered for a group interview that would be slated for a week later. Completed group interview on the day with five other candidates, two hours in total. Group atmosphere was congenial. Quite a few of the applicants were a bit disorganized in their answers, disheveled in thinking, and did not offer easy to understand, memorable, short answers. Join a Toastmasters club to work on these critical soft skills. Though my answers were on topic, compressed, and memorable, I was not offered the post.

Interview Questions
    • If an eighteen year old college student comes to the bank for a transaction, what products would you pitch to her or him?   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and within a week I was contacted by the recruiter. I was set up on Interview 1 about the end July, Interview 2 about the middle of august, then Interview 3 about the first part of September of 2013.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few different questions due to the interview consisting of prescribed questions from a packet of papers.   View Answer
    There was none.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

First you had to complete online test questions, then you had a group interview, then a store interview one on one with the store manager, and then you take drug test and background check

Interview Questions
    we would like to extend you an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

The interview process is interesting. Once I applied I received an email asking me to select an interview date and time. The interview was a panel/group interview with a recruiter. That interview lasted about an hour. The very next morning, and received a call from the recruiter letting me know about the branch she was going to refer me to. She then emailed the Service Manager and that afternoon I received a call from the Manager asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview. That interview lasted about 45minutes. Hey told me he was going to review his notes that he had taken during the interview and that the recruiter would be in touch. The very next day, the recruiter called me to let me know that the manager was impressed and wanted to extend me the offer. From the time I applied for the position, the interview process has taken about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to control a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe two(2) situations where you offered excellent customer service to a customer. How did you go about assisting that particular customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to reach the goal either as a team or individual. How did you accomplish that goal?   Answer Question
    N/A

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Group interview with about 16 people. Everyone took turns answering questions. Be prepared to have at least three different ways of answering questions because at least one other person is going to say what you had in mind. And associate your answers with work expierence that would coincide with the bank. Cash handeling etc..

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Wells Fargo?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Applied online got a response after two weeks group interview with 8 other people made you stand and introduce yourself and asked why you want to work for Wells Fargo then asked three questions for the rest off the process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have had a goal? Did you achieve it? How did you feel?   Answer Question
    • Name your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • State time you had to deal with an upset customer? What was the outcome? What did you learn   Answer Question

Pay is 11.33