Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
627 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rockledge, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Be prepared, and I repeat, be prepared to waste your time going to many interviews and not getting employment. What's even better is that their HR team is not even a team, because none of them know what they are doing. One of the HR personnel contacted me on the same day of one of my interviews, to talk to me about potentially interviewing at another location, not knowing that I had an interview near my location that very day...this happened two or three times. They strung me around to about 5 locations in 2 months, interviewing and wasting my time and resources. To add insult to injury, they didn't even email, call, telegraph, or even sent a smoke signal to tell me that I wasn't selected for either of the jobs. All of them were for the same position, except one interview was for Customer Service. I did have prior Teller experience at another bank.

Interview Question – None really, but what might be a challenging question would be "How would you sell, so and so product?"   View Answer

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes about four weeks altogether. First, you apply and have to take an assessment, then you will get an email a few days later saying Wells Fargo would like to schedule a group interview. My biggest advice on the group interview is to definitely be the first one to answer the series of questions the recruiter will ask. Oh, and take notes on the paper you receive because they can really help you answer the questions and help make an impression by using Wells Fargo terms, values and goals. After the interview, you will receive a call if you get to do a one on one interview at the store or an email saying you didn't get the position. When you get the one on one interview, it will be with the branch manager and the teller manager. Remember to be very specific with your answers and use STAR. After the interview unity will get a call back from the recruiter to say if you got the job or not. If you did get the job, they will do a background check and fingerprinting right away. It takes about 72 hours to do everything and as long as everything checks out, you will get a call from the recruiter telling you that you got the job.

Interview Question – During one on one, they ask situational questions like, 'How would you handle the situation if your drawer was short or over?'   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2010.

Interview Details – There were over ten of us sitting in a conference room for an interview. We went around the table answer the same question - a bit nerve-racking, considering that we all pretty much wanted to say the same answers. We were also shown a video. Following that interview, I was separated into a different branch area, and I'm not sure if that was a regular process.

Interview Question – What are you impressed the most about Wells Fargo?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pinetop, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I had two very intense interviews with the President and the Head Teller. These interviews were as if I were going to be President of the United States! I had no banking experience, so being a Nail Tech, I do have sales experience! his was the lowest paying job I've ever had, and it was the most stressful, and worst job and company I ever had and worked for.

Interview Question – Mostly interested in how to sell "products" more than counting $$$$!   View Answer

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Interview was very laid back. They asked about ten questions. They wanted you to answer in STAR format. I interviews with the store and service manager. The questions were situational. Name a time when.... Or how do you handle difficult customers.... Overall it went really well although I was ver nervous and they could tell. I was hired!! They notified me the next day.

Interview Question – They weren't any difficult questions. I was just hard to stay in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Interview Details – went to an interview, and no one said it was going to be a group interview. i went there and it was a group interview. the questions were behavioral questions. only three questions were asked then the HR showed us a video talking about the company.

Interview Question – nothing was unexpected. it was just routine behavioral questions   Answer Question

Davie, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process was a little long, unfortunately and I had to jump through some hoops in order to finally get hired. But overall, professional, except for a group interview to select candidates.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you sold above and beyond your goal.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online. Once that was completed a recruiter then sent an email stating I was able to move to the next step on the interview and asked if I was interested. Then she called me to set a time up where I would do a 30 minute phone interview. Once that was complete I then came in for a in person interview with two of the District Managers. The questions that are asked in person is in the STAR format. Ex: Tell me about a time you had a sells goal to meet. What did you do? And what was the outcome?

Interview Question – Something along the lines of, "Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation and it was easier to handle it unethically. What did you do? What was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – It was a group Interview which was 5 people. We watched the video and then the question, each person would take turn to answer. It is better when you were a first person to answer since your idea could be the same with other.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you complete a performance goal and how you persuade customer to achieve that goal.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview. Be sure to shine to get a call back.

Interview Question – All where pretty standard and predictable.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted to hire me part time at 10.00hr. I declined. They called back and offered full time at 11.00hr. Not the best, but better then the 1st offer so I reluctantly accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo