Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online on 12/10/14 by making a profile & submitting my resume. I then had to complete a assessment to see if I was eligible to go on to the next step. After I completed the assessment I had to wait for group interview times to open. On on 12/14 I received an email to select a date to do the group interview on 12/17.

The group interview was very laid back, there was myself & 4 other ladies. The recruiter showed us a slide show with some info on the position & company. We had to introduce ourselves and explain a little about our work experience and then 3 questions were placed on the PowerPoint & we went around the room answering them.

After the group interview I was called a few days later & was scheduled a one on one interview on 01/06/15 with the branch manager & lead teller. This interview too was very laid back also. Asked questions from sheets of paper, all situational & behavioral questions. Make sure to smile, be friendly and push your customer service and/or sales experience. Then towards the end of the interview the manager had some of her own role play questions like, "How would you sell this pen to me?". Hint: they're looking for you to also upsell.

I received the call that I got the position on 01/12/15. I had to consent to a background check & do fingerprints. My background & fingerprints cleared in less than a day & I am scheduled for my first day of on training on 1/16/15.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Starting pay is the same for new hire's in my area.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was good. Started off with a group interview of around 12 people. They ask you to give a background about yourself why you want the position and where Wells Fargo fits into your career path. The whole process was fairly painless if you know how to interview.

Interview Questions

• A time where you exceeded the expectations of customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Camarillo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Stress your ability to think about sales. Experience is good, but you can make up for a lack of experience by explaining how you can sell. Each person in the group interview is asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with a specific challenge in your work experience.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied online and also had an online screening as well. I received an email the following day to schedule an interview. There are two interviews one is with a group and the other is one-to-one. Group interview questions were overall description of experiences relatable to the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer service experience you had where you believe you went above and beyond customer expectation. (3min)   Answer Question
    • Describe a goal you had and how you accomplished it. It could be a personal goal, job related goal, or customer service goal. (3min)   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

You go to a room where they interview about 10-15 people in circle at time. The woman looks at you, judges your appearance and asks questions to a few people in the room. They are all centered around customer service and sales.

She then calls you later to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You don't get too.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online did the assesment and the group interview. Ridiculous questions! They want you to sell yourself as a proof that you can sell their product! Wasnt really looking if you are a good fit for the position

Interview Questions

Was looking full time but offered part time

Teller Interview

Interview

fairly easy, group interview. Weed out process to see if you would be a good fit, have sales experience and customer service experience. If that goes well, you than have an interview with the district manager and/or hiring manager for the store you will be placed in. This consisted mostly of situational and behavioral questions.

Teller Interview

Interview

Group interview followed by one on one interview with branch managers who liked you in the group interview. some role playing in group interview, example of trying to sell something.

Teller Interview

Interview

I got a phone call, saying that they want a phone interview. The questions were pretty similar to any other customer oriented job positions. "Give me an example of a customer who was unhappy with your service and how you overcame it." or "Give me an example of a successful customer service." etc.

Interview Questions

• Coming up with specific example at the moment on the spot was pretty hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very easy for me because I had previous banking experience. Questions on customer service and examples of sales. One of the advantages of working for Wells Fargo is that they will hire you without banking experience as long as you are confident, can proves your outstanding customer service experience in other industries and preferably sales.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any difficult questions, all a re very straight forward and job related.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to get a better starting rate but Wells Fargo in NYC gives every one the same starting salary.