Wells Fargo

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.8

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

I applied about a little over a month ago online. Took the assessment and right after was asked to schedule a group interview date. I tried scheduled a date and it kept saying that it was not any interview dates available in my area so maybe a couple days later they sent a email saying that more dates are available so I ended up scheduling and then the day before my interview they said that my interview was canceled and I have to reschedule. So I tried to do that and again no dated available. A couple days later dated became available and schedule. So went to the group interview it was about 6 of us. I was told it was suppose to be more but they never showed up. "Thank God". Was about a hour long. We introduced ourselves and answered the questions why we want to work at WF, and where did we previously worked. Then watched a video on the Teller position. Then she asked tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them. Then she tells us a little about what's next if you past the group interview. I was the one who was voluntarily answering first and was really on point. Exactly a week later they called me for a second interview at the branch that I applied to that same day and was interviewed by the branch manager and her assistant. I feel that my interview went really well and that was just less than 24hrs ago so I'm hoping to receive a call back within a couple days. I'm really praying that I get this job because the hours works perfect with the fact I have a 5 month old and it won't get in the way of going to church. Please pray that I get it.

Interview Questions
  • tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

apply and schedule appointment online make sure you do well on the screen test otherwise you do not get interviews. the interview about 1 hour and 20 minutes 3 question to answer. customer service exp, sales exp, achievement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2013.

I submitted an application online and was prompted to choose a group interview time. I selected a date (for about a week later) and arrived at the location. Once I was there, there were about 6 candidates and one main person doing the interview. There was a manager from one of the branches sitting in on the interview and spoke briefly about working in her location and how she has moved up. We listened to information and filed out a sheet with our availabilities on it and watched a video. After about 30-45 minutes we had to go around the table and answer three questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had a difficult customer and you made a sale   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Mostly SALES questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I had interviewed with a mid age lady who is the branch manager. The interview was pretty easy and straightforward. However, she was rude and critical. Honestly, the qualifications and requirements of a teller position are really minimum. But she was trying to scare me with the monthly quotas and referrals we have to meet per day. And she even questioned me why do I think cash handling is a simple task for me. I felt like I got insulted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Applied online, within a few days, if you scored high enough, you'll get a group interview. My group was 11 people. Amity was very nice and thorough. Be on time, prep your responses, and don't be nervous. Be one of the first to volunteer, be confident and follow directions. That's how to Ace this interview.

First you will give your name, why you chose WF, your strengths, work experience, and what your future career goals. Be honest here, but be direct. Don't mumble, make eye contact, smile often . Be outgoing and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult situation. Give the situation, how you resolved it, and what both parties involved learned (how you were impacted)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2012.

I applied online was sent an email to take personaloty test. Recieved an email about 2 days later scheduling a group interview in santa rosa ca. I went to the group interview which included 9 other people. Awe watched a video. Was asked about 3 simple questions. Recieved a called fr a recruiter a week later informing me I passed the group interview and the service manager should be calling to schedule an inyerview. I got a call a week later to schedule that interview for the following week. The interview to me seemed to fo well. But I never recieved a call back. Got a call 3 weejs later after I called to follow up and was informed the position was filled . Their process as you can see is reeeeally lonv .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2012.

First, the candidates need to take a personality test but not limited to personality questions. After passing the test, candidates will get a phone interview. Question: Why chooses Wells Fargo? When did you do to deal with an angry customer? Talk about current work experience. Some basic questions. If candidates pass the phone interview, then a group interview will be scheduled. Usually 12 peoples in a group; one recruiter. Question: Talk about yourself. Why chooses Wells Fargo? What is one time you went above and beyond for a customer? Talk about sales experience. Some questions will be asked about watching the video of Wells Fargo. Then after one week or more, Candidates will be scheduled for a 1:1 interview with branch managers. There are two of them. They may see you separately. First, the same questions as the group interview. Then, some personal questions. What is a team work? Expecting role playing to sale something to the manager. I think it just takes too long for the hiring process. And they didn't even call me to let me know I didn't get the position though I made a mistake during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one time you went and beyond for a customer?   View Answer
    • Talk about your successful sales experience.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

had a group interview. was pretty easy. was told that they wanted to move forward with me but there was no position available at the time.......