Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

I have less than 1 year of customer service experience and none banking experience. I put my personal banker as referral. I didnt have phone interview or online assessment. I got invited to the group interview of 6 after applying online. It's easy and straight forward. Questions are expected. Only one recruiter was involved. After few days, i got call from the branch for 1:1 interview with the service manager and store manager. The interview was pretty much the same as the group interview but more in-depth. It lasted for more than 30minutes. I got a call the same day from both managers asking to interview with the district manager. That interview was pretty much the same as the previous one. All of them are nice, friendly with no pressure during interview. One key thing is "Smiling" . Wells Fargo really focus on customer service experience. Also, be sure to mention your sale number such as the quota that you have met or exceed. Stuff like that

Interview Questions
I didnt negotiate since i was so shocked when I got the call back from the HR. She is the recuiter from the group interview. Good luck every one!!!!

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Applied online. Got an email two weeks later,asking for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • why wells fargo? Briefly explain your work experience and career goal. What's your greatest accomplishment (retail)? What's your exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a call from the branch manager asking me to go interview the day after. Feeling they need people right the way. Wen there and do some simple questions. We been doing well and talks a lot.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get any difficult ones, most questions are like tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

100% behavioral. Easy interview. Walk me through resume, what are your career goals, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. Focus on communication and sales. Interview with 4 people total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Three interviews total. 1 group interview, 1 branch manager, 1 district manager.
    Group interview: about 7 people. Two STAR type questions. (name one time where you went above and beyond for a customer/dealt with a difficult customer)- who benefited/outcome. One sales goal experience

Interview Questions
    • Branch manager: it is wednesday morning and you realize you are very, very behind sales goals for the week/month of referrals. What would you do?   Answer Question
    no negotation. wage starts at $11.00/hr in WA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Applied online in Washington State. Did screening and set up a time for a group interview.

Went to the group interview - and it was actually a ton of fun. Everyone participated, and the recruiters were super sweet. At the end, one recruiter said that we would hear back within a week.

Two hours after my interview I was called by that recruiter who said I did very well and stood out in the interview, and she arranged for me to meet with the Service Manager and Store Manager at my preferred location for my next interview.

I went to that interview a couple days later, and was told again that I would know within the week what the results were. The next morning, the recruiter called me and said that I was the top pick of the managers, and the recruiter set up an interview time for me to meet with the District Manager.

A couple days went by and I made my way to the branch where the DM works. She and I immediately hit it off because we had actually worn our hair the same that day, and it made it easy for me to sort of bond with her. She was super friendly, and by the end of the interview, I totally felt like I had known her forever and we were planning when we'd have a girls day together! I left that interview feeling like pretty hot stuff to say the least!

Later the same day, the recruiter offered me the job contingent on the background check and fingerprinting. I was then called by the Service Manager and given my official offer, and start date. I accepted.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency out of state, I had to move before my start date. When I arrived in Texas, I had to go through the hiring process all over again. I was offered the job and began in May 2013.

I went through the entire process twice in two states across the country, and was hired both times, all within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone, it is VERY easy to get a job with WF if you want it bad enough. My journey and how much I love my job influenced my husband to apply for Personal Banker. Awesome company to work for - we are a WF family!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an outtage in your cash drawer?   View Answer
    I probably could have negotiated, but I chose not to because I was excited to get the job. I have been given raises quickly, so it didn't make too much of a difference.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

Applied online, I was chosen for an interview and was sent an email asking me to attend an interview at the local branch. It was quite odd. You walk into a room and sit at a table with 8 other people all interviewing at the same time. She would ask a question and then each person would have to answer the questions, Very awkward and intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you made a outstanding sale and please give us as much detail as possible. Here 8 others sit there staring at you listening to your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

online, group, branch manager, district manager

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2011.

First Phone Interview & then you get a group interview then you get the 1:1 interview with the manager for the store you apply for. Where nice clothes! Job is a lot of SALES too!

Interview Questions
    • What are your 3 best quallities?   View Answers (2)
    • Example : What was your most aclompishment that you achieved and how did you feel about it?   Answer Question
    • 3 past employers & how long you were there what did you do? Why did you leave?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to help a angryy customer & how did you calm them down?   Answer Question
    • Favorite place in WA state?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

The interview consists of your basic phone screen asking if you are a citizen, you're last job, etc. I was a bit nervous taking a "phone interview" as it was my first time, but later figured out that the person over the phone is not the same person who'll be doing the hiring or more personal in-person interview. The person is basically someone who just does the initial screening prior to moving you on to the actual interview.

The questions asked have a lot to do with customer service, why you love it, most significant memory in customer service, and greatest achievement type of stuff.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging time you've had in customer service and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I was interested in a location in the Eastside and not the downtown Kent area which is what I filled out on the application. They wanted to hire me for the Kent location and told me someone from my preferred location will get back to me, they never did. I tried calling and emailing again but got no response. I ended up getting a better paying job in the location I wanted.