Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend, super easy. Met with the service manager and branch manager and was offered the position in less than a week

Negotiation Details – asked for more pay, they were able to offer $ .50 than intieally offered per hour.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email two weeks later,asking for a group interview.

Interview Question – why wells fargo? Briefly explain your work experience and career goal. What's your greatest accomplishment (retail)? What's your exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Got a call from the branch manager asking me to go interview the day after. Feeling they need people right the way. Wen there and do some simple questions. We been doing well and talks a lot.

Interview Question – I didn't get any difficult ones, most questions are like tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – 100% behavioral. Easy interview. Walk me through resume, what are your career goals, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. Focus on communication and sales. Interview with 4 people total.

Interview Question – Pitch a credit card to a customer   Answer Question

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in Washington State. Did screening and set up a time for a group interview.

Went to the group interview - and it was actually a ton of fun. Everyone participated, and the recruiters were super sweet. At the end, one recruiter said that we would hear back within a week.

Two hours after my interview I was called by that recruiter who said I did very well and stood out in the interview, and she arranged for me to meet with the Service Manager and Store Manager at my preferred location for my next interview.

I went to that interview a couple days later, and was told again that I would know within the week what the results were. The next morning, the recruiter called me and said that I was the top pick of the managers, and the recruiter set up an interview time for me to meet with the District Manager.

A couple days went by and I made my way to the branch where the DM works. She and I immediately hit it off because we had actually worn our hair the same that day, and it made it easy for me to sort of bond with her. She was super friendly, and by the end of the interview, I totally felt like I had known her forever and we were planning when we'd have a girls day together! I left that interview feeling like pretty hot stuff to say the least!

Later the same day, the recruiter offered me the job contingent on the background check and fingerprinting. I was then called by the Service Manager and given my official offer, and start date. I accepted.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency out of state, I had to move before my start date. When I arrived in Texas, I had to go through the hiring process all over again. I was offered the job and began in May 2013.

I went through the entire process twice in two states across the country, and was hired both times, all within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone, it is VERY easy to get a job with WF if you want it bad enough. My journey and how much I love my job influenced my husband to apply for Personal Banker. Awesome company to work for - we are a WF family!

Interview Question – How would you handle an outtage in your cash drawer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I probably could have negotiated, but I chose not to because I was excited to get the job. I have been given raises quickly, so it didn't make too much of a difference.

Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied online. Three interviews total. 1 group interview, 1 branch manager, 1 district manager.
Group interview: about 7 people. Two STAR type questions. (name one time where you went above and beyond for a customer/dealt with a difficult customer)- who benefited/outcome. One sales goal experience

Interview Question – Branch manager: it is wednesday morning and you realize you are very, very behind sales goals for the week/month of referrals. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotation. wage starts at $11.00/hr in WA

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

Interview Details – Looking for someone who is motivated and highly qualified but don't pay well in comparison to other banks. Interview process is very easy. No difficult questions. Typical sales job questions. They are looking for people who want a career, which they pay better than any other bank besides the teller salary.

Interview Question – Can't remember... they were all easy   Answer Question

Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, I was chosen for an interview and was sent an email asking me to attend an interview at the local branch. It was quite odd. You walk into a room and sit at a table with 8 other people all interviewing at the same time. She would ask a question and then each person would have to answer the questions, Very awkward and intimidating.

Interview Question – Please tell me a time when you made a outstanding sale and please give us as much detail as possible. Here 8 others sit there staring at you listening to your answer.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details – online, group, branch manager, district manager

Interview Question – how do you can you be competitive?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, one on one meeting with branch manager.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you handled a difficult situation with a customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate somewhat negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Teller interview questions and advice in Washington State. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.