Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Texas

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.7

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

The interview was all about sales, also a explanation of the job. I feel that I did Good on second interview, however I did not get a offer. They will send you an email saying that other candidates are better than you.

Loan Doc Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got phone interview first. Ask basic questions on the phone. Panel interview with 5-6 people. They went around taking turn asking questions. Waited a week for a return call. Accepted offer and started work 2 weeks later.

Negotiation wasn't given

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Applied online. Attended Job Fair. Interviewed by a recruiter at the job fair. The recruiter was very intimidating but I tried not to sweat or get nervous. I gave her all the correct answers. Mostly she asked about sales experience. I'd previously worked at a small loan company and we had minor sales goals to meet so I was able to give examples from my previous job. Was told to sit back down.

Waited about 1/2 hour and had an interview with a supervisor. I was even more nervous because I expected to go over sales and numbers experience. Fortunately for me we only went through it briefly. The interviewer asked me general interview questions. I'd mentioned that I'd been referred by a previous employee and the interviewer happened to recognize that person. I think the interviewer felt that then I kind of new the job role a bit more. Right away we went over the day to day job duties. I felt comfortable afterwards but still a little unsure. That very same day I received a call from the recruiter for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you want to work for Wells Fargo. I sometimes think it's a trick question but obviously I answered 10.   Answer Question

Consumer Loan Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

phone interview, in person interview. waited about 30 days to have an offer sent to me. pretty easy process but I had the experience for the job i was going for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied on a Monday and I had a phone interview three days later. After that, like two weeks later, they called me to have a one on one interview with managers. They answer you by email if you are not selected. I suppose that if you are selected, they will call you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just the regular ones, if you are an experienced job seeker.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Got an email around 1 month of applying to set up an interview date. A week after that I had a group interview. About 14 people. Filled out paperwork for availability. After this interview another one on one interview to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Explain your last job experience. A goal you've achieved and how you you went about achieving it. How you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Met with 3 other candidates 30 miles away from my home in a meet and greet setting. The HR Rep stated that I would be recommended to move forward. I had to call them back weeks later. Had a group interview where age was a factor

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how my age would be a problem in keeping up with the systems and processes   View Answer

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nacogdoches, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nacogdoches, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Applied online via the WF careers website. Emailed the Branch Manager of the location I applied to, as a follow up. I was contacted 3 days later by the District Supervisor for WFA. My basic qualifications were reviewed via phone. Attended an in person interview with the District Supervisor and Branch Manager. Interview went well. I was told that I knew how to answer the questions perfectly, and that I was definitely in the pool of prospective candidates. I was told from that point on, it was all up to HR and that process would take another 2+ weeks. After over a month in the entire process, I received an insensitive, informal, automated rejection email from Wells Fargo recruiting. You would think that after weekly, personal contact with the Area Manager, that they would have the decency to give you a personal phone call or email explaining why I was not qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty self-explanatory. They were looking for STAR based interview answers. Be sure to express your desire to grow with the company.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Hondo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Hondo, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, received call for interview which was done in a group(candidates and interviewers) interview. Process of elimination was done, then got another call for one on one with store manager. Hired then scheduled for training. Paperwork for hire was done in at different sites and days.

Interview Questions
    • Not necesserily difficult just unexpected: to do mock greeting and presentations in a group setting. But in the end it makes sence.   View Answer

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

I applied online, took a behavioral/personality test online and was invited to schedule a phone interview within a week. The phone interview was with a recruiter - pretty standard questions with a couple specifics regarding my sales ability and performance, etc. The interviewer seemed a bit hostile, but otherwise it was pretty easy. The same day I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the manager at an In-Store location.

The location took me a little off guard. The "traditional' banks are stand alone retail banking centers, 'in-store' means inside of an actual grocery store. I was interviewed by a manager and assistant manager; who were less than enthusiastic in conducting the interview to say the least. Generally got the feeling these guys were not interested in conducting an interview, they mostly just ran through the sheet asking questions back to back without much of a break or looking up at me. They ask a lot of very specific questions regarding your sales performance. Be prepared to give multiple specific examples about how you personally helped increase revenue and how you are able to work in a team to drive productivity and growth. Aside from the demeanor of the managers the interview went well. I was called with an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to role-play a sales call, which wasn't completely unexpected. However, it was pretty on the spot. I wasn't given a context or a moment to prepare, just jumped right into it.   Answer Question

The offer was far too low for me to consider. After a little over a day of negotiation they hardly budged even though I exceeded experience and education requirements. Additionally, everyone I interviewed with seemed a bit hostile and passive aggressive, so I didn't think I would enjoy working there.