Wells Fargo Underwriter Interview Questions

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter Interview

phone interview and face to face.

no negotiations allowed

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Underwriter Interview

Asked behavioral question pertaining to job position aand asked why i'd be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you and someone disagreed on something and did you go about coming to a compromise   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Work fair - Wells Fargo. Meet with AQUMS- Manager. Discussed qualifications, underwriter process.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Asked good underwriting questions about self employment

Interview Questions
    • What error was made on a loan completed and was it rectified   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2012.

Very industry standard interview questions primarily regarding team work, experience, knowledge of DU/LP, etc... How you manage stress, difficult files and/or people. There was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know exact documents required for self employed borrowers; sole prop, s-corp and partnership. Also how rental income is calculated.   Answer Question
    very simple they offered a very competitive salary and great sign on bonus.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was under a contract so therefore everything was pretty much taken care of for me from my job agency. The building was very misleading though because it is next to an actual bank. The call center isn't like anyone that I have seen before. But everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was pretty straight forward. Typical personality questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one because we were under contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2012.

Interview was easy, basically they hired everyone from Wall Mart through best Buy. Not joking.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, basically if you wanna work as a slave for 40K, you are hired!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interviews are the STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, what would you do in this situation, etc.   View Answer
    None. Generally do not start in mid range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

It was short and sweet. Went through the typical Q&A for any other underwriter job. Went through the job responsibilities, past experiences, and expectations. At the time it was a they were going through a huge wiring phase. If you had any reliable source of experience it wasn't too hard to land the job.

None

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Interviewed for 2 different underwriting positions. Telephone interviews on both of them and made it to 1:1 interview for one but not the other. Was basically asked the exact same questions for the 1:1 as the phone interview. Made no sense to me to ask the same basic questions (Name a time when you were faced with multiple priorities and how did you resolve it? etc...). Then I would be asked a very similar question which I could have used the exact same answer/example as the previous answer. Their questions were kinda strange if you ask me. I used to own my own business and have done a couple hundred interviews and I wasn't expecting these questions from Wells. Which is why maybe I haven't got a response back from them yet...

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you were faced with multiple priorities and how did you resolve that? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a very critical deadline approaching and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!