Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Utah

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was on the phone with the director of the summer program. I was notified within a couple days to schedule my second (final) interview with her in their office. At the interview, there was a director for the program and another higher up manager from another city. I was only asked behavioral questions on the phone, but I was asked some technical questions in person. It was nothing too hard, but if you had taken accounting or finance, you would know the answer. It helped that I reviewed financial statements before I went to the interview. After the second interview though, they took a long time to contact me back about the result.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Layton, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 15 applicants. It took about 2 hours. They started out by telling us all the benefits of working at Wells Fargo and why they are a great company. Be sure to dress professional.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Two people will interview you in the same office. Easy questions fast process for actual interview. it Took two weeks for the staffing company to get a response. Background check took a very long time, more than any company I have worked for. Staffing company was not in li ne with the company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I had worked for the company for a few years already in the same building in a few different roles with different departments. I knew the people on the team I applied to from some of my previous roles.

Interview Questions

• They always ask situational questions like "Tell me about a time that you overcame an objection." or "What would you do if ....?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base is decent. The commissions can be pretty big, especially if you are consistently a top performer.

Financial Crime Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

Online application via their own careers website. 2 weeks later an email confirming a next stage phone interview, which you arrange via a link. The phone interview was pleasant, asked behavioral questions regarding customer service experiences, and also why I wanted to work at for Wells Fargo. Couple of days after the phone interview received an email confirming would like a person to person interview. Confirmed via email that Time & Date ok, and interviewed by 2 employees. They asked 6-8 behavioral questions and mostly regarding customer service issues - dealing with an irate customer, when something at work didn't go as you planned. The interviewers were very pleasant and it was a good interviewing experience.

Collector II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, invited to job fair by email, ask to take resume, filled out questioner (past experience, and personal information), two interviews right then, offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• This was difficult only because it is a very detailed question with a lot of specifics to the answer. Explain when you have had an irate customer, what was the situation, how did you handle the customer, what was the end resolution, was the customer satisfied, how did you feel when resolution was compete?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary was allowed

Financial Crimes Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

Had a 30min phone interview with an out-of-state recruiter. We went over my relevant experience and what they specifically were looking for in an employee in this position. I then had an interview in person with two supervisors. They went over similar pieces of information. In addition they asked about my knowledge of fraud. They gave me a scenario and asked how I would respond. I receive an offer several days later. The whole process took less then two weeks.

Interview Questions

• A customer tells you they responded to an email claiming to be from Wells Fargo that asked them to click on a link and verify lots of personal information. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a set wage range given in the application. I was offer the top of the range, so there was no negotiation.

Financial Crime Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

With any corp company now you apply online. You will get a phone interview and they will ask you basic questions and qualifications. Punctuality, personality, are you good working individually and with a group. They will give you a few details about what the job is like and what you will be doing (very high level), if it is a good match they will pair you with the supervisors in the department and schedule an in person interview. The in-person interview goes over experiences and education (they do prefer people with degrees, though the job itself does not require any type of financial knowledge at all). They will talk to you about how have you handled difficult customers and how did you resolve their problems. Though customer interaction for this position is rare. They will also ask you about pattern analysis because of the nature of the job. You will need to understand patterns of what customers do, and if something looks abnormal for a customer.

Interview Questions

• They will work heavily on asking about difficult customers and also about how to track and find fraud patterns.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

You sign up online, pass a little test, and then you get an e-mail to attend a group interview. The group interview itself is very laid back, and relax and they usually ask two questions about experience and goal making. If you pass the group interview, the recruiter who holds the group interview sends your information over to hiring managers around the area and they call you in for a one-on-one. Once you pass that, then you should get an offer within 3-5 business days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had to show great customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation, they just send you an e-mail stating how much you'll be making and you have the option to accept or not.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I was promoted within the same branch after the previous lead teller was promoted. The decision to hire me was mostly made before the job listing was posted. Interviews were only a formality.