Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I had worked for the company for a few years already in the same building in a few different roles with different departments. I knew the people on the team I applied to from some of my previous roles.

Interview Question – They always ask situational questions like "Tell me about a time that you overcame an objection." or "What would you do if ....?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The base is decent. The commissions can be pretty big, especially if you are consistently a top performer.

Financial Crime Specialist II Interview

Financial Crime Specialist II
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – With any corp company now you apply online. You will get a phone interview and they will ask you basic questions and qualifications. Punctuality, personality, are you good working individually and with a group. They will give you a few details about what the job is like and what you will be doing (very high level), if it is a good match they will pair you with the supervisors in the department and schedule an in person interview.

The in-person interview goes over experiences and education (they do prefer people with degrees, though the job itself does not require any type of financial knowledge at all). They will talk to you about how have you handled difficult customers and how did you resolve their problems. Though customer interaction for this position is rare. They will also ask you about pattern analysis because of the nature of the job. You will need to understand patterns of what customers do, and if something looks abnormal for a customer.

Interview Question – They will work heavily on asking about difficult customers and also about how to track and find fraud patterns.   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Lead Teller
Provo, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was promoted within the same branch after the previous lead teller was promoted. The decision to hire me was mostly made before the job listing was posted. Interviews were only a formality.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Sales and Service Representative Interview

Customer Sales and Service Representative
Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone by an HR person after applying online. This was followed by a group interview with the District Manager, then a one on one interview with the district manager, and then finally an interview with the branch manager of the location I would be positioned at.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell a #2 pencil to the DM. This is not difficult, but was the most difficult question I was asked. Everything else was the standard, what is your greatest strength, and what is your greatest weakness line of questioning.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

Interview Details – Application through temp agency. The interview was easy and the manger was impressed with my resume. The interview was more focused on the job type and responsibilities. The temp agency interviewed me before I had the interview with the bank and set up pay expectations.

Interview Question – What was my contribution to my former employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The agency took care of it

Financial Crimes Specialist II Interview

Financial Crimes Specialist II
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had a 30min phone interview with an out-of-state recruiter. We went over my relevant experience and what they specifically were looking for in an employee in this position. I then had an interview in person with two supervisors. They went over similar pieces of information. In addition they asked about my knowledge of fraud. They gave me a scenario and asked how I would respond. I receive an offer several days later. The whole process took less then two weeks.

Interview Question – A customer tells you they responded to an email claiming to be from Wells Fargo that asked them to click on a link and verify lots of personal information. How do you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a set wage range given in the application. I was offer the top of the range, so there was no negotiation.

Collector II Interview

Collector II
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, invited to job fair by email, ask to take resume, filled out questioner (past experience, and personal information), two interviews right then, offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• This was difficult only because it is a very detailed question with a lot of specifics to the answer. Explain when you have had an irate customer, what was the situation, how did you handle the customer, what was the end resolution, was the customer satisfied, how did you feel when resolution was compete?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for salary was allowed

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Financial Analyst Program
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of 3 interviews. One semi technical/get to know you, one more technical, and one that was strictly a get to know you/fit interview. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall process was fairly quick from first interview to being offered the job and a relaxed process as well.

Interview Question – What are the three main real estate valuation techniques and which one do you think a bank would be most likely to use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really have to negotiate. The offer I received was more than what I was hoping to get, so I was happy with it. They offered me a signing bonus and annual bonus potential on top of what I felt was a generous salary base. I believe the signing bonus was because of my Master's Degree in Finance.

Teller Interview

Teller
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details – You sign up online, pass a little test, and then you get an e-mail to attend a group interview. The group interview itself is very laid back, and relax and they usually ask two questions about experience and goal making. If you pass the group interview, the recruiter who holds the group interview sends your information over to hiring managers around the area and they call you in for a one-on-one. Once you pass that, then you should get an offer within 3-5 business days.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time where you had to show great customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiation, they just send you an e-mail stating how much you'll be making and you have the option to accept or not.

Lead Teller Interview

Lead Teller
Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

Interview Details – You apply online and immediately after if they like your application they will call you. You speak with the interviewee on the phone and they ask you qualifying question that are basic and easy. If you answer correctly they schedule a group interview with you. It is set up as a panel and managers from numerous stores who are looking to hire attend. They listen, take notes and discuss with each other afterwards. If you meet what they are looking for they will call you and set up a one on one interview. This is your final interview with the manager that you will be working under. Here is where the questions get more specific to your actual job duties. If you pass here they will call you and offer you the position.

Interview Question – Does Wells Fargo have hidden fees?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't really negotiate, but my wage was reasonable.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!