Wells Fargo

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Expect to meet the senior relationship managers, loan team manager, and regional vice president during an interview. Expect to be able to discuss the type of deals you have previously worked on, the complexity, and the credit structure for hte same.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer with integrity?   View Answer

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and future subordinates and some peers and other managers in other departments. Asked how I would grow revenue if I took the position. Asked how I would expand the business globally. They wanted me because of my previous experience and wanted me to do the same with their business line.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated directly with the hiring manager and got everything I asked for.

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – There were multiple rounds of interviews. First with the HR people, then with the hiring manager, with the one level up manager and also with the team members from the hiring group. The idea was to make sure everyone like you so working together would be easy. Overall it was a great experience

Interview Question – Told me to write a SQL query and also asked about a tough AbInitio graph   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – My interview process took 15 weeks. I had 4 phone interviews and 9 in person. They flew me to the respective city and put me up at a very nice hotel. I felt like they were trying to impress me and they did. After I received my verbal offer (which was significantly lower than the recruiter expressed) it took another 3 weeks before I received my offer letter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2008.

Interview Details – Standard application process via web. Initial contact by HR which determines possible fit and appropriate level of experience for position. Initial interview conducted by phone by mid-level manager. Upon successful interview, meet with 3-4 people both senior and colleague to determine both fit for position and answer questions regarding position - in person.

Interview Question – Need to be knowledgeable about specific division of bank as well as overall banking and current banking situation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wells has rather strictly defined bands so salary is to a certain extent pre-determined based upon experience level.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly standard. Applied online, recruiter contacted me, interviewed with hiring manager and other associates. The interview process consisted of: walk me through your resume, what are your career goals, why Wells Fargo, why now, walk me through why you made the decisions you made in your career, what are you least proud of in your career, why did you go to business school, what other banks or companies are you considering, if I gave you can offer today, would you accept it, what would you do if our division faced cut backs, how do you spend your personal time.

There were standard questions about accounting, finance, credit underwriting. Went through a few cases and provided feedback on how I would analyze the situation, how I would form my conclusions, and what questions I would ask to get the answers that were needed.

The people were all great, seemed very motivated, and culture is hard-working.

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 1 two down, and one group interview.

I would highly reccomend the company.

Interview Questions

• A company makes a $100 cash purchase of equipment on Dec. 31. How does this impact the three statements this year and next year?   Answer Question
  • How do you calculate the cost of equity?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview Details – As an IPC hospitalist, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive compensation and benefits package. Plus the satisfaction of being part of a company that continues to be a true pioneer in hospital medicine.

Interview Question – do you really want this job   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!