Wells Fargo Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.3

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process was quick, collegial and not terribly challenging. This might have been because they were desperate to hire new employees. They experience heavy staff turnover. The process starts with a phone interview who screened for minimum experience & skills. A 2 on 1 interview quickly followed (hiring manager and her boss) with a job offer within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Extensive with multiple interviews and background check, fingerprinting. Many interviews with a variety of local and out of state execs. Lengthy but typical corporate process. They are opened minded about hiring outside of Wells Fargo!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation - standard corporate structure with small variation allowed.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response within two weeks. Panel rapid fire skill based question interview. You better know your stuff! Three people from different teams asked 10 or so questions each. I thought I did well but months went by and I heard nothing. There was only one in person interview. The recruiter pre-screened me and as a follow up they had me speak with another team member who I would be working closely with via phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay abreast of industry changes?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Expect to meet the senior relationship managers, loan team manager, and regional vice president during an interview. Expect to be able to discuss the type of deals you have previously worked on, the complexity, and the credit structure for hte same.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer with integrity?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager and future subordinates and some peers and other managers in other departments. Asked how I would grow revenue if I took the position. Asked how I would expand the business globally. They wanted me because of my previous experience and wanted me to do the same with their business line.

Negotiation

I negotiated directly with the hiring manager and got everything I asked for.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were multiple rounds of interviews. First with the HR people, then with the hiring manager, with the one level up manager and also with the team members from the hiring group. The idea was to make sure everyone like you so working together would be easy. Overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Told me to write a SQL query and also asked about a tough AbInitio graph   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

My interview process took 15 weeks. I had 4 phone interviews and 9 in person. They flew me to the respective city and put me up at a very nice hotel. I felt like they were trying to impress me and they did. After I received my verbal offer (which was significantly lower than the recruiter expressed) it took another 3 weeks before I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Interview was fairly standard. Applied online, recruiter contacted me, interviewed with hiring manager and other associates. The interview process consisted of: walk me through your resume, what are your career goals, why Wells Fargo, why now, walk me through why you made the decisions you made in your career, what are you least proud of in your career, why did you go to business school, what other banks or companies are you considering, if I gave you can offer today, would you accept it, what would you do if our division faced cut backs, how do you spend your personal time.

There were standard questions about accounting, finance, credit underwriting. Went through a few cases and provided feedback on how I would analyze the situation, how I would form my conclusions, and what questions I would ask to get the answers that were needed.

The people were all great, seemed very motivated, and culture is hard-working.

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 1 two down, and one group interview.

I would highly reccomend the company.

Interview Questions

• A company makes a $100 cash purchase of equipment on Dec. 31. How does this impact the three statements this year and next year?   Answer Question
    • How do you calculate the cost of equity?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Standard application process via web. Initial contact by HR which determines possible fit and appropriate level of experience for position. Initial interview conducted by phone by mid-level manager. Upon successful interview, meet with 3-4 people both senior and colleague to determine both fit for position and answer questions regarding position - in person.

Interview Questions

• Need to be knowledgeable about specific division of bank as well as overall banking and current banking situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wells has rather strictly defined bands so salary is to a certain extent pre-determined based upon experience level.

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2011.

Interview

As an IPC hospitalist, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive compensation and benefits package. Plus the satisfaction of being part of a company that continues to be a true pioneer in hospital medicine.

Interview Questions

• do you really want this job   1 Answer