Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Teller
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was able to choose my own interview date and time. Group interview in Washington, D.C. with the hiring manager and 11 other interviewees. We only had to answer really easy questions in our screening test. 1) Who were your last three employers 2) Why do you want to be a teller 3) Where do you see yourself in five years Afterwards we watched a quick 10 minute video about the position of a teller inside of the company, and lastly she asked if we had any questions. Hiring manager was very nice and helpful as she gave us helpful tips with how to prepare for future interviews. She let us know that we will be contacted in 3 weeks with a decision on whether or not to proceed to the second interview.

I felt as though I did not perform my best during the interview since I was really nervous, however I sent a thank you email to the hiring manager the next day and in two hours she called me back saying that she has a branch that I can interview with the store manager at and will be contacting me back in the upcoming week for second interview. I am confident that I will do well given her advice on what to bring, study for, and how to dress.

Interview Question – What are your sales tactics that you use to all of your customers   View Answer

Store Manager I Interview

Store Manager I
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Interview process was very smooth. I applied online and two weeks later received a phone call for a phone interview. I got a phone call the next day for an in person interview. A week later I received another phone call stating I made it to the final interview which was a phone interview. I had my phone interview with Regional Manager. They ended up going with an internal candidate but liked me so they gave me a chance to interview for the same position in a different district. I completed my interview yesterday and am waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Regular situational questions   Answer Question

Real Estate Summer Intern Interview

Real Estate Summer Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Applied on campus career website and on Wells Fargo website (as requested). They invited me for an On-Campus interview.

Interview Question – 3 behavioral, 3 technical. Name a time you failed. What are the 3 financial statements? When looking to invest in a property, which financial statement do think is the most important to look at?   View Answer

Regional Private Banker Interview

Regional Private Banker
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Contacted by recruiter via Linkedin.com
2) Phone conversation w/ recruiter (discussed background)
3) Phone conversation with sales coach (discussed background)
4) In person conversation with regional manager and sales coach covering the area that I would work in. (in depth discussion of background)
5) In person interview with regional manager, sales coach, and branch business partners (branch manager, and FA)--- (half background discussion half STAR question)
6) Offer Extended

The process took a few months since there are many parties involved in the process and many of them have full schedules so just be patient. All in all this was a seamless process and everyone I involved in the process was willing to work around my availability since I am currently employed. The best advice I would offer is to be prepared to discuss your background as it relates the position (goals, achievements, and how you accomplished what you did) you'll be fine. If you have experience in this line of work the interview process is rather easy.

Interview Question – None, a majority of the questions revolved around how I met the goals that I had and how I managed / tracked my progress towards those goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a number, I countered with a number and we met in the middle after the recruiter got approval.

Registered Personal Banker II Interview

Registered Personal Banker II
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Allow me to be very blunt, this process was both time confusing and very difficult. You will understand why as we progress.

I applied online and then was sent an email to schedule a phone interview via a website. The phone interview is done with the recruiter from HR. In my case it was the typical walk me through your resume, why Wells Fargo, and some STAR questions. At the end the HR professional told me that she wanted me to interview with the District Manager since the branch that had the opening did not have a branch manager. The in person interview was scheduled for a few weeks later.

I arrive at the in person interview only to find that the DM is not there. The acting manager of the branch I went to had no idea who I was or why I was there, this was very awkward from my perspective. Eventually the acting manager set up a phone interview in a spare office with DM. The interview was quite lengthy and I felt it went well. About 3 weeks after this HR contacts me to make an offer that is very low for the area. The last conversation with HR ended with him saying he would have the DM reach out to me to discuss the comp, this was about a month ago however I continue to get a call from the man in HR checking in on me weekly promising that the DM is interested and will reach out to me soon...

Interview Question – Mainly STAR based questions as well as general questions about sales, and banking background. If it's on your resume be prepared to discuss it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Technically I didn't decline and have been waiting almost 2 months to hear back from the DM about the package they want to offer, oddly HR calls me weekly to check in and assure me that they are very interested in me and assures me that the DM will be in touch soon.

Teller Interview

Teller
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – I applied online and passed the math simple math test. They called me up after 30 days to set up a group interview. The group was about 15 people some inexperienced others experienced. They ask if you have reliable transportation. Normally hire people closest to the branch after passing background check. What's the most difficult customer service experience you ever had? Do you speak other languages? -Depending the branch you are applying for. Branch Manager and District Manager present.

Interview Question – They go over your resume and start a checking list. One of them ask the questions and the second writes down. I felt 100% observed. They asked me If I had made any mistakes with transactions what I had done to rectify them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application
Phone Interview
Interview with recruiter
Interview with District Manager
Interview with Store Manager

Interview Question – your weaknesses and how you will overcome them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No but tell them you have another offer for a higher amount and stand your ground

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2011.

Interview Details – They used a recruiter who was checking items off of a checklist. They were much more interested in my book of business than me.

Interview Question – Do you have 150 contacts who feel comfortable enough with you, to allow you to manage their money?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Commercial Banking
Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview which was relaxed, a few finance questions as well as generic HR questions.

Interview Question – If you could look at one financial statement to give a loan, which would it be?   View Answer

Financial Management Program Interview

Financial Management Program
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had an interview for an entry level position in commercial banking, there were a few technical questions involving what financial statement to look at, and what ratio to look at when giving a loan. Other than that they were standard interview questions. I was notified that I had reached the second round of interviews and had preferenced my locations. However, I never heard back from Wells Fargo and they did not return my calls or emails.

Interview Question – If you could look at only one ratio to give a loan what ratio would you look at?   View Answer

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!