Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State

2.7

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

I have less than 1 year of customer service experience and none banking experience. I put my personal banker as referral. I didnt have phone interview or online assessment. I got invited to the group interview of 6 after applying online. It's easy and straight forward. Questions are expected. Only one recruiter was involved. After few days, i got call from the branch for 1:1 interview with the service manager and store manager. The interview was pretty much the same as the group interview but more in-depth. It lasted for more than 30minutes. I got a call the same day from both managers asking to interview with the district manager. That interview was pretty much the same as the previous one. All of them are nice, friendly with no pressure during interview. One key thing is "Smiling" . Wells Fargo really focus on customer service experience. Also, be sure to mention your sale number such as the quota that you have met or exceed. Stuff like that

Interview Questions
    I didnt negotiate since i was so shocked when I got the call back from the HR. She is the recuiter from the group interview. Good luck every one!!!!

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

I applied part time teller position online. After 3 days, I received email to schedule a group interview. I went to group interview, total has 9 people in the group. Interviewer introduced wells fargo teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? What is your favorite dessert? )Group Interview lasted 1 hour. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger and manager assistant. Two of them interview me, asked few questions((introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? Tell us how do you learn a new thing? What's your cash handling experience? How many language you can speak? How did you achieve your sales quota in previous job? )

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Applied online. Got an email two weeks later,asking for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • why wells fargo? Briefly explain your work experience and career goal. What's your greatest accomplishment (retail)? What's your exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a call from the branch manager asking me to go interview the day after. Feeling they need people right the way. Wen there and do some simple questions. We been doing well and talks a lot.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get any difficult ones, most questions are like tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The interview was over the phone and in person. I had to interview with both the branch and district manager. I was asked about my outside sales abilities and business acumen. I was also told that the goals would be challenging. I was offered the position after the two interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a new business prospect when you walk in on a cold call?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Heard about openings within the company from current employee. Applied online for Wells Fargo on 11/14, emailed me an assessment same day, informed me that I passed upon completion and then provided me with a link for a location to sign up for an interview slot at the provided earliest date and time; which was on 11/26. Had a group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 interviewers (Recruiter and Store Manager) I then got an email stating that the position I applied for had been canceled on 11/30. However, I received a phone call from the Manager of another location that day (11/30) stating that my Recruiter had emailed him my information and requested to set up an interview if I was interested. Recruited emailed me afterward stating that she believed I'd be a great fit for that location. I met with the Manager 12/4 for an hour. Before the interview was completed he brought his Assistant Branch Manger in to introduce himself. Assistant Manager then asked me a few questions to get to know me better.Once the interview was over, Manager told me he would contact me by Friday 12/6 upon making any decisions. Within an hour of my interview being complete heard back from another Recruiter (as mine is on Vaca) and she extended me an offer contingent upon my background check and fingerprints clearing (Which it will!) I will work on 12/9!

Interview Questions
    • How would/did I handle coaching of employees that did not meet or exceed expectations?   View Answer
    Negotiation not needed. Offered me great compensation based off my previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

100% behavioral. Easy interview. Walk me through resume, what are your career goals, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. Focus on communication and sales. Interview with 4 people total.

Home Mortgage Consultant Junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

You want to be very clear on how you can benifit the loan officer you will be working with

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Three interviews total. 1 group interview, 1 branch manager, 1 district manager.
    Group interview: about 7 people. Two STAR type questions. (name one time where you went above and beyond for a customer/dealt with a difficult customer)- who benefited/outcome. One sales goal experience

Interview Questions
    • Branch manager: it is wednesday morning and you realize you are very, very behind sales goals for the week/month of referrals. What would you do?   Answer Question
    no negotation. wage starts at $11.00/hr in WA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Applied online in Washington State. Did screening and set up a time for a group interview.

Went to the group interview - and it was actually a ton of fun. Everyone participated, and the recruiters were super sweet. At the end, one recruiter said that we would hear back within a week.

Two hours after my interview I was called by that recruiter who said I did very well and stood out in the interview, and she arranged for me to meet with the Service Manager and Store Manager at my preferred location for my next interview.

I went to that interview a couple days later, and was told again that I would know within the week what the results were. The next morning, the recruiter called me and said that I was the top pick of the managers, and the recruiter set up an interview time for me to meet with the District Manager.

A couple days went by and I made my way to the branch where the DM works. She and I immediately hit it off because we had actually worn our hair the same that day, and it made it easy for me to sort of bond with her. She was super friendly, and by the end of the interview, I totally felt like I had known her forever and we were planning when we'd have a girls day together! I left that interview feeling like pretty hot stuff to say the least!

Later the same day, the recruiter offered me the job contingent on the background check and fingerprinting. I was then called by the Service Manager and given my official offer, and start date. I accepted.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency out of state, I had to move before my start date. When I arrived in Texas, I had to go through the hiring process all over again. I was offered the job and began in May 2013.

I went through the entire process twice in two states across the country, and was hired both times, all within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone, it is VERY easy to get a job with WF if you want it bad enough. My journey and how much I love my job influenced my husband to apply for Personal Banker. Awesome company to work for - we are a WF family!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an outtage in your cash drawer?   View Answer
    I probably could have negotiated, but I chose not to because I was excited to get the job. I have been given raises quickly, so it didn't make too much of a difference.