Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.8

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Went and was interviewed by the manager and service manager. Then I was interviewed by the district manager. It was pretty generic. Nothing memorable.

Interview Questions

• why did you only work for your previous employer for 3 months.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, they simply told me my salary.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Mount Vernon, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, I was chosen for an interview and was sent an email asking me to attend an interview at the local branch. It was quite odd. You walk into a room and sit at a table with 8 other people all interviewing at the same time. She would ask a question and then each person would have to answer the questions, Very awkward and intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you made a outstanding sale and please give us as much detail as possible. Here 8 others sit there staring at you listening to your answer.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

received an interview after applying through a college career center. met a strategist on campus. waiting to hear back concerning the next round of interviews. the job dealt with analysis and research of borrowers.

Interview Questions

• technical questions dealing to a credit worthiness of a company   Answer Question

Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had three interviews - the first was a screening conversation conducted over the phone, and then two in-person interview with a hiring manager and a department manager

Interview Questions

• Questions concerning my knowledge of an industry that I was only mildly familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying, I had three interviews. One on the phone and two in person.

Phone interview went well - young lady on the phone was pleasant enough to talk with and gave me the impression I would enjoy working at Wells Fargo.

First in-person interview went alright. The gentleman I spoke with seemed professional enough and we seemed to get along great. I really felt like I nailed the interview and left the building looking around at the environment preparing myself for seeing everything here every day.

Second interview did not go well. I caught the flu or some other kind of bug and the interviewer knew this ahead of time but was fine with me going in. The cold took a serious toll on me and I believe the interviewer held it personally against me as she did not seem at all impressed with me (despite the fact that the two previous interviewers thought otherwise - and knowing that I was sick ahead of time).

She also seemed to forget which interviewee I was because she thought I was someone else at the beginning of the interview referencing things said in a conversation we never had. She also then seemed to look surprised when - near the end of the interview - I apologized for taking a moment to answer a question because "this head cold [was] really making it hard to think".

After the interview she told me I should expect to hear something back within a week or two.

I never heard anything back - not even a generic letter thanking me for my time (over 4 hours between applying and interviewing 3 times - not including commuting etc.).

Would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• Generic boilerplate questions like "describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult problem".   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

The process started with applying online and going through a personality test. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Afterwards, I had had 2 group interviews with a panel Finally, there was an in person interview with the direct manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the vision statement of the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiating as it is a entry level position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I have less than 1 year of customer service experience and none banking experience. I put my personal banker as referral. I didnt have phone interview or online assessment. I got invited to the group interview of 6 after applying online. It's easy and straight forward. Questions are expected. Only one recruiter was involved. After few days, i got call from the branch for 1:1 interview with the service manager and store manager. The interview was pretty much the same as the group interview but more in-depth. It lasted for more than 30minutes. I got a call the same day from both managers asking to interview with the district manager. That interview was pretty much the same as the previous one. All of them are nice, friendly with no pressure during interview. One key thing is "Smiling" . Wells Fargo really focus on customer service experience. Also, be sure to mention your sale number such as the quota that you have met or exceed. Stuff like that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate since i was so shocked when I got the call back from the HR. She is the recuiter from the group interview. Good luck every one!!!!

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Group interview-branch manager interview- district manager interview
    Group interview: you went to a room with other ten people. Answering questions one by one. You need catch attention by answer you question. The best way to do is go to talk with the interviewer after the interview.
    how do you deal if you are short of balance
    what is your disadvantage
    why do you want to work here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

called me the offer in one week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email two weeks later,asking for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• why wells fargo? Briefly explain your work experience and career goal. What's your greatest accomplishment (retail)? What's your exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Three interviews total. 1 group interview, 1 branch manager, 1 district manager.
    Group interview: about 7 people. Two STAR type questions. (name one time where you went above and beyond for a customer/dealt with a difficult customer)- who benefited/outcome. One sales goal experience

Interview Questions

• Branch manager: it is wednesday morning and you realize you are very, very behind sales goals for the week/month of referrals. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotation. wage starts at $11.00/hr in WA