Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2012.

First applied online and got a phone call about a week later. It was an informal phone interview just asking about my experience and questions from my resume and at the end of the phone call I was asked to come in for a group interview. The interview was scheduled on a Saturday and then I got a call back later that week being offered a position at one of the branches.

Interview Questions
    • A long time customer of yours wants to close out her accounts. What do you do?   View Answer
    Got offered the position and was told "your pay will be ..." I said thanks but I will need to think about it. Called back and asked for a few dollars more. Was told no so I negociated down and a little and was told it needed to get approved by the District Manager first. It did so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

I have less than 1 year of customer service experience and none banking experience. I put my personal banker as referral. I didnt have phone interview or online assessment. I got invited to the group interview of 6 after applying online. It's easy and straight forward. Questions are expected. Only one recruiter was involved. After few days, i got call from the branch for 1:1 interview with the service manager and store manager. The interview was pretty much the same as the group interview but more in-depth. It lasted for more than 30minutes. I got a call the same day from both managers asking to interview with the district manager. That interview was pretty much the same as the previous one. All of them are nice, friendly with no pressure during interview. One key thing is "Smiling" . Wells Fargo really focus on customer service experience. Also, be sure to mention your sale number such as the quota that you have met or exceed. Stuff like that

Interview Questions
    I didnt negotiate since i was so shocked when I got the call back from the HR. She is the recuiter from the group interview. Good luck every one!!!!

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

I applied part time teller position online. After 3 days, I received email to schedule a group interview. I went to group interview, total has 9 people in the group. Interviewer introduced wells fargo teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? What is your favorite dessert? )Group Interview lasted 1 hour. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger and manager assistant. Two of them interview me, asked few questions((introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? Tell us how do you learn a new thing? What's your cash handling experience? How many language you can speak? How did you achieve your sales quota in previous job? )

Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

I had three interviews - the first was a screening conversation conducted over the phone, and then two in-person interview with a hiring manager and a department manager

Interview Questions
    • Questions concerning my knowledge of an industry that I was only mildly familiar with.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Referred by a friend, super easy. Met with the service manager and branch manager and was offered the position in less than a week

asked for more pay, they were able to offer $ .50 than intieally offered per hour.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Pretty easy process, hiring manager called me, interviewed me over the phone, then I met the branch manager for an in person interview. I was offered the job two days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Applied online. Got an email two weeks later,asking for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • why wells fargo? Briefly explain your work experience and career goal. What's your greatest accomplishment (retail)? What's your exceptional customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a call from the branch manager asking me to go interview the day after. Feeling they need people right the way. Wen there and do some simple questions. We been doing well and talks a lot.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get any difficult ones, most questions are like tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

The interview was over the phone and in person. I had to interview with both the branch and district manager. I was asked about my outside sales abilities and business acumen. I was also told that the goals would be challenging. I was offered the position after the two interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a new business prospect when you walk in on a cold call?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2013.

Heard about openings within the company from current employee. Applied online for Wells Fargo on 11/14, emailed me an assessment same day, informed me that I passed upon completion and then provided me with a link for a location to sign up for an interview slot at the provided earliest date and time; which was on 11/26. Had a group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 interviewers (Recruiter and Store Manager) I then got an email stating that the position I applied for had been canceled on 11/30. However, I received a phone call from the Manager of another location that day (11/30) stating that my Recruiter had emailed him my information and requested to set up an interview if I was interested. Recruited emailed me afterward stating that she believed I'd be a great fit for that location. I met with the Manager 12/4 for an hour. Before the interview was completed he brought his Assistant Branch Manger in to introduce himself. Assistant Manager then asked me a few questions to get to know me better.Once the interview was over, Manager told me he would contact me by Friday 12/6 upon making any decisions. Within an hour of my interview being complete heard back from another Recruiter (as mine is on Vaca) and she extended me an offer contingent upon my background check and fingerprints clearing (Which it will!) I will work on 12/9!

Interview Questions
    • How would/did I handle coaching of employees that did not meet or exceed expectations?   View Answer
    Negotiation not needed. Offered me great compensation based off my previous experience.