Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying, I had three interviews. One on the phone and two in person.

Phone interview went well - young lady on the phone was pleasant enough to talk with and gave me the impression I would enjoy working at Wells Fargo.

First in-person interview went alright. The gentleman I spoke with seemed professional enough and we seemed to get along great. I really felt like I nailed the interview and left the building looking around at the environment preparing myself for seeing everything here every day.

Second interview did not go well. I caught the flu or some other kind of bug and the interviewer knew this ahead of time but was fine with me going in. The cold took a serious toll on me and I believe the interviewer held it personally against me as she did not seem at all impressed with me (despite the fact that the two previous interviewers thought otherwise - and knowing that I was sick ahead of time).

She also seemed to forget which interviewee I was because she thought I was someone else at the beginning of the interview referencing things said in a conversation we never had. She also then seemed to look surprised when - near the end of the interview - I apologized for taking a moment to answer a question because "this head cold [was] really making it hard to think".

After the interview she told me I should expect to hear something back within a week or two.

I never heard anything back - not even a generic letter thanking me for my time (over 4 hours between applying and interviewing 3 times - not including commuting etc.).

Would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• Generic boilerplate questions like "describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult problem".   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Everett, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online in Washington State. Did screening and set up a time for a group interview.

Went to the group interview - and it was actually a ton of fun. Everyone participated, and the recruiters were super sweet. At the end, one recruiter said that we would hear back within a week.

Two hours after my interview I was called by that recruiter who said I did very well and stood out in the interview, and she arranged for me to meet with the Service Manager and Store Manager at my preferred location for my next interview.

I went to that interview a couple days later, and was told again that I would know within the week what the results were. The next morning, the recruiter called me and said that I was the top pick of the managers, and the recruiter set up an interview time for me to meet with the District Manager.

A couple days went by and I made my way to the branch where the DM works. She and I immediately hit it off because we had actually worn our hair the same that day, and it made it easy for me to sort of bond with her. She was super friendly, and by the end of the interview, I totally felt like I had known her forever and we were planning when we'd have a girls day together! I left that interview feeling like pretty hot stuff to say the least!

Later the same day, the recruiter offered me the job contingent on the background check and fingerprinting. I was then called by the Service Manager and given my official offer, and start date. I accepted.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency out of state, I had to move before my start date. When I arrived in Texas, I had to go through the hiring process all over again. I was offered the job and began in May 2013.

I went through the entire process twice in two states across the country, and was hired both times, all within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone, it is VERY easy to get a job with WF if you want it bad enough. My journey and how much I love my job influenced my husband to apply for Personal Banker. Awesome company to work for - we are a WF family!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an outtage in your cash drawer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated, but I chose not to because I was excited to get the job. I have been given raises quickly, so it didn't make too much of a difference.

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

received an interview after applying through a college career center. met a strategist on campus. waiting to hear back concerning the next round of interviews. the job dealt with analysis and research of borrowers.

Interview Questions

• technical questions dealing to a credit worthiness of a company   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview after applying online. The top 10 candidates were called out of a few hundred applicants. They were trying to fill the position as soon as possible. It was a very professional phone interview and they asked detailed questions. I would say that if I was doing it all over again that I would have tried to prepare for the technical questions more.

Interview Questions

• If you were evaluating the creditworthiness of a company which financial statements would you look at and why?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Mount Vernon, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, I was chosen for an interview and was sent an email asking me to attend an interview at the local branch. It was quite odd. You walk into a room and sit at a table with 8 other people all interviewing at the same time. She would ask a question and then each person would have to answer the questions, Very awkward and intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you made a outstanding sale and please give us as much detail as possible. Here 8 others sit there staring at you listening to your answer.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

online, group, branch manager, district manager

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Went and was interviewed by the manager and service manager. Then I was interviewed by the district manager. It was pretty generic. Nothing memorable.

Interview Questions

• why did you only work for your previous employer for 3 months.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, they simply told me my salary.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

First applied online and got a phone call about a week later. It was an informal phone interview just asking about my experience and questions from my resume and at the end of the phone call I was asked to come in for a group interview. The interview was scheduled on a Saturday and then I got a call back later that week being offered a position at one of the branches.

Interview Questions

• A long time customer of yours wants to close out her accounts. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got offered the position and was told "your pay will be ..." I said thanks but I will need to think about it. Called back and asked for a few dollars more. Was told no so I negociated down and a little and was told it needed to get approved by the District Manager first. It did so I accepted.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

First Phone Interview & then you get a group interview then you get the 1:1 interview with the manager for the store you apply for. Where nice clothes! Job is a lot of SALES too!

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best quallities?   2 Answers
    • Example : What was your most aclompishment that you achieved and how did you feel about it?   Answer Question
    • 3 past employers & how long you were there what did you do? Why did you leave?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to help a angryy customer & how did you calm them down?   Answer Question
    • Favorite place in WA state?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Kent, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview consists of your basic phone screen asking if you are a citizen, you're last job, etc. I was a bit nervous taking a "phone interview" as it was my first time, but later figured out that the person over the phone is not the same person who'll be doing the hiring or more personal in-person interview. The person is basically someone who just does the initial screening prior to moving you on to the actual interview.

The questions asked have a lot to do with customer service, why you love it, most significant memory in customer service, and greatest achievement type of stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging time you've had in customer service and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I was interested in a location in the Eastside and not the downtown Kent area which is what I filled out on the application. They wanted to hire me for the Kent location and told me someone from my preferred location will get back to me, they never did. I tried calling and emailing again but got no response. I ended up getting a better paying job in the location I wanted.